ModMyMotoModMyiModMyGphone

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPhone > Accessory Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 16GB Black 3g, 2.1
Operating System: Leopard
Anyone Have An iSkin Revo2?

Just wondering if anyone's got one yet and if they like it. I was leaning towards the Sonic (Blue/Black) one, but wasn't sure if it's too bright and girly blue If you all could post your thoughts, that'd be great.

Originally I was going to get a Switcheasy Timecapsule Rebel, but they're having way too many quality control issues with those
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I still have my first generation iPhone, and the second I got it, I equipped it with an iSkin Revo. So albeit not a iSkin Revo2, I can give you a little review on the original.

It's f*$king amazing. I've had no problems with this case what-so-ever. It's beautiful, great feeling, incredibly protective, and well worth the money.

They boast a three-section protective screen film, one of which is a tinter so people can't on-look what you're iPhoneing, and even through the three layers of film, the iPhone has no problem sensing your touch just as it would if it was naked.

On top of that, the whole iPhone is cased in a alleged anti-microbe rubber, where as no germ can live on it, or so they say. The rubber it's self has a hole for the camera lens (which is as well protected by a plastic lens). The only places where the iPhone it's self can actually be physically touched is the charging dock plug-in (which is covered by a removable tab for the Revo and a flippable tab for the Revo2) and the ear-piece speaker, which I think is also covered by a film in the Revo2 but not sure. Even the audio headphone jack is covered by a flippable rubber tab.

Last but not least is a fun little hard-plastic "ViSOR" as they call it. It's docked on the back of the iPhone when you're not using it but you can easily snap it off and snap it on the front for a hard-plastic cover onto the front of the iPhone over the three layers of film, for an "un-penetrable" defense.

In short, it's an absolutely amazing case. I've used the original Revo on my iPhone since I've got it like I said, and under-neath it's still as good as new! Have no doubts when deciding to purchase this case, considering the Revo2 is practically the same thing only even more-so, it's a great buy.

But I'm not going to lie to you. Now that I think about it, I can think of two cons about the iSkin.
1. You can no longer use the "docking" little mechanism they give you with the iPhone when charging it, since the size of the iPhone no longer fits. However, iPod Speaker Systems have inner-changeable dock sizes, so that's no problem.

2. It does stick to your pockets BUT! You can buy the bundle package for 10 bucks more and get the belt-clip. I always feel it's kinda geeky and pretentious to have a belt-clip though.

Last edited by Tranas; 07-28-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 16GB Black 3g, 2.1
Operating System: Leopard

Ok. I caved and got the Revo2 (blue) and the revoclip. I'm really disappointed. The phone doesn't even fit inside the clip. I'm very disappointed.

Also, this skin is overpriced. It should cost $25 AT MOST. I'd go with the switcheasy Rebel if I could do it over.

Last edited by zoolander369; 08-13-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Forgot Something.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Green Apple

Operating System: Windows XP

yea i was really thinking about getting the revo2 but when i went searching for it online I couldn't find it in stock anywhere so when I went to buy from their website added the shipping it was $50!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!.....so I ended up settling on the marware case its a cheap silicone one but does the job i wrote a review....and then after i ordered it a saw the switcheasy rebel and was mad....i will probably get the switcheasy rebel case next
Old 08-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: XP Pro SP3

Overpriced = Yes. I like it though. I got it off eBay for 35.00 shipped. I got it mostly because of the clip on hard screen protector. I could not find any other with that type of screen protector for the 3G..I just wanted to make sure that while bar tending with the phone in my pocket I didnt want the screen to get cracked (as my 1G did)...so far so good.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3g 2.0
Operating System: XP

yes a bit exp. but totally worth it! I have the iskin2 on my 3g and its the best case ive had on it so far (till the otterbox comes out) Protects almost 100% of the phone cept the speaker and mic and the mute switch on the side.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:12 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: Vista

I got a revo2 for my 3G and i love it... I refused to pay $50 shipped from their site so i got mine off ebay as well. First off I love the feeling of the silicon case which fits very snug. Second I think the film that comes with it is amazing, great feel to it, no fingerprints and doesn't seem to get dirty either. The plugs that cover the headphone and charging port are great and easy to use but never come out when you don't want them to. The Visor thing is good.. could have been designed a little better for when its on the back but its nice for peace of mind when the phone is in a pocket or bag with hard objects. Leaving the visor at home its still a great case. I had the phone in the case with the visor and a friend of mine accidentally knocked it out of a locker about 5' up but everything was fine despite the concrete floor, and the phone continued to function perfectly.

The downsides to the case are the screen film does take away from the look of the screen, it seems a little less vivid but after a day or so you get used to it. The visor could have also been designed to be permanently attached to the case, I worry that it might fall off but every time I think I've done something to make it detach when it is on the back its still there.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Green Apple

iSKing Revo and iSking Revo2

I got 4 Different colors of the iSkin revo and one iSkin Revo2 and I gotta tell you they give your iPhone full protection Period......

Last edited by Slayer; 09-02-2008 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 3g 2.0.2
Operating System: vista

Anybody out there who knows anything about the IVYSKIN protector?
Thanks.
J.Ban.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Green Apple

Operating System: XP Pro SP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobansormin View Post
Anybody out there who knows anything about the IVYSKIN protector?
Thanks.
J.Ban.
J.Ban

Yeah. I had the evo2 skin but sold it because it was a lint magnet in my pocket and cam out looking like crap. I got the IVYSKIN clear Tuesday. It is pretty solid and doesn't add much weight or bulkiness to the phone. You can use the screen with the case on but it's not as fluid as with the case off. it has 4 small dots on the back so that when laid flat the phone is on a raised even surface so no wobbling. Overall I am happy with it. This is where I Got Mine Custom iPod Cases, Skins, iPhone cases and macbook keyboard covers | ivyskin
Old 09-12-2008, 04:48 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 4gb iPhone

does ne1 have pics of it ?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0
Operating System: XP

I bought one on Wednesday from ApsProStore and received it today. I absolutely LOVE it! It completely protects the phone and looks amazing as well. It provides a lot more grip, and the precision of the cuts is much better than the original iskin revo, which I have on my old 2G.

Buy them here for $26 shipped brand new! Use the coupon code GOHOFO when checking out and get 10% or so off, it basically makes first class shipping free.

Search Results : APS Pro Store , Discount iPod / iPhone accessories professional store

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPhone > Accessory Review

Tags
case, iphone, review