HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyi Downloadsmodmyi Links

iPhone Poker

Go Back   Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPhone Modding > File Mods
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File Mods Discussion on possible mods to files on the iphone to accomplish different goals.

Congrats to the Winners of our Contest

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyI by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.1 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0
View Poll Results: Do you wish you had fully working bluetooth and do you think my theory will work?
Yeah, I miss bluetooth. I think this could work! 440 83.97%
Bluetooth was great, but your theory will never work... 27 5.15%
I don't care for bluetooth much, but this might just work... 16 3.05%
Nah, I hate bluetooth. Couldn't care less what you think! 4 0.76%
This is a good theory, I'm willing to try and make it happen. =] 37 7.06%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 08:57 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: 16GB 3G iPhone - 2.0.2
Operating System: OS X 10.5.4 | Win XP
Send a message via MSN to MattMac
BLUETOOTH: I think it's time for action...

Hey,
Im not so sure if this has been covered before... but I can't find any major topics on this issue in my skimming of the forum... But I have come across this thread and it has sparked my once interest in the topic of BLUETOOTH...

And going by what the has been posted and discussed, there is no reason that this isn't impossible...

It is noted in the MMI Wiki, here, that the iphone only has 2 out of the 25 possible bluetooth profiles... Meaning that the bluetooth feature is fully functional, it just needs the profiles to run it...

My theory is, couldn't you basically port the needed profiles to the iPhone and make an application to manage them allowing us to send files to other phone, use the iphone as a dial-up device, and the many more features bluetooth had once blessed us with... My questions are "is this, at all possible?" and "has anyone actually tried it?"

Please developers, here my call, and hopefully others, and try and develop a way for us to used the full capabilities of bluetooth like would with our Nokia's...

I will be willing to donate to anyone who will develop a way to use the full functionality of bluetooth on our iPhones, I urge others to do so too...

Matt.

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.4
Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:
deandaman (09-15-2008), hoya89 (08-03-2008)
Old 04-01-2008, 09:14 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1st gen 2.0.2 (1.0.2 starter)
Operating System: Mac OS X & Linux Open Suse
Send a message via AIM to Uko Send a message via MSN to Uko

What can I tell. Bluetooth file transfer is cool, but actually I can live without it. But there is such thing as A2DP & it will be really cool to have wireless headphones working on the iPhone without $75 adapter.

As for theory... well I hope it will work, but there are tons of developers in the world & it's strange that no one have figured this thing before.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uko View Post
What can I tell. Bluetooth file transfer is cool, but actually I can live without it. But there is such thing as A2DP & it will be really cool to have wireless headphones working on the iPhone without $75 adapter.

As for theory... well I hope it will work, but there are tons of developers in the world & it's strange that no one have figured this thing before.
I know what you mean..
It seems almost like none of them have been giving it any thought at all..
Well, maybe they have, but bluetooth gives many advantages.
Having the full features opens up a world of possibilities.

Make sure you vote man. =]

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.4
Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
Old 04-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Developer

Device + Firmware: See Signature
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.4

matt,
i as well as you MISS BLUETOOTH SO MUCH! lol
but really, my bro is like "yo send me that song" im like... "cant"...

lol but really... im sure devs have tried but maybe failed, maybe someon has got it but its a big project and hell release it soon complete (as a surprise so to say)....

RIP iPhone
1st October 2007 - 1st October 2008
SOLD IT!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:47 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3 jailbroken(braken)
Operating System: VISTA!?!?!!!?
Send a message via AIM to seann33uk Send a message via MSN to seann33uk

hopeing this will work but i doubt it.
if you look at the files on your iphone you will notice music is oddly categorised and kind of imposssible to tell which song is which; this means any recieved songs are going to be difficult to impliment unless you have the app change received data the same way itunes does. But also sent songs are going to be oddly named and possibly even iphone only encrypted so the app might even have to do major decoding before send the song.

The iphone isn't like any other phone or mp3 player with simple folders for music and video with basic compatability. But may be just maybe its possible.
You should beable to send pictures quite easily I know that much.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWant 1.1.1 View Post
matt,
i as well as you MISS BLUETOOTH SO MUCH! lol
but really, my bro is like "yo send me that song" im like... "cant"...

lol but really... im sure devs have tried but maybe failed, maybe someon has got it but its a big project and hell release it soon complete (as a surprise so to say)....
Lol, thanks for cracking a joke dude.

But no one has documented that they have failed... And I know that it would be a long and difficult task... But like SwirlyMMS they could make it bit by bit.

Just to port one of the profiles and maybe even be able to use it would be a huge advancement...

Could you pull a profile off another phone or off a computer and put it into the phone or would there be compatibility issues?

If we can produce tools such as ZiPhone to downgrade the bootloader and pnwed to override the iPhone checking for signed code than I'm sure this can be done to since it isn't a hardware issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
hopeing this will work but i doubt it.
if you look at the files on your iphone you will notice music is oddly categorised and kind of imposssible to tell which song is which; this means any recieved songs are going to be difficult to impliment unless you have the app change received data the same way itunes does. But also sent songs are going to be oddly named and possibly even iphone only encrypted so the app might even have to do major decoding before send the song.

The iphone isn't like any other phone or mp3 player with simple folders for music and video with basic compatability. But may be just maybe its possible.
You should beable to send pictures quite easily I know that much.

The songs aren't encryped. The only thing changed on the music file is the name. The song information (Song name, artist, album, etc.) remain imbedded. You can take the song off the phone and play it on any Windows computer that has never even had iTunes installed for example. The app I stated could read the tags on the music for use in finding the right song to send and rename it for sending to another phone so the recipient would know the name.

LOL. But that's getting more technical... Starting off sending a picture would be the best start. As you said, that would be the easiest.

Matt

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.4
Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Last edited by MattMac; 04-01-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Errm
Old 04-01-2008, 11:45 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 16gig 3G iPhone 2.1 quickpwned
Operating System: Windows(XP) FTL

the idea is defiantly cool. I'd love to have the added feature's of other bluetooth services.