ModMyMotoModMyiModMyGphone

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPhone Modding > General iPhone Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 05:32 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G
Operating System: MacOSX/Vista
Send a message via AIM to Braymond141 Send a message via Yahoo to Braymond141
Has a car audio integration speaker phone hack been released yet?

There's a lot of BMW guys (myself included) who have some sort of iPhone integration in our cars. The setup is through the dock connector... NOT the damn headphone jack like some think is ok to do.

We can hear music, system sounds, charge, hear the call ringtone, everything except take a call on speaker phone and have it go through the car audio system.

Yes, I know you headphone jack users can do it, I don't care (sorry). I like my dock connector setup and I refuse to have any added wires, as one is already too much.

Has anyone released a hack to enable this? There are many of us who are extremely interested in this. I know there are many other integration methods for all cars too, not just BMW.

Thanks,
Brett
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks
Old 09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: QuickPwn 3g 2.1
Operating System: Vista Home Premium 32bit

um have you tried the bluetooth intergration in the car
Old 09-15-2008, 02:15 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
um have you tried the bluetooth intergration in the car
I think it would be pretty obvious that if I had bluetooth, in my 1996 M3, then I would be using that and not posting this question. Plus, you really didn't answer my question either, and there's a whole community of people (beyond BMW's) that are requesting the same thing over and over.

Thanks for your insight though.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:41 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
I think it would be pretty obvious that if I had bluetooth, in my 1996 M3, then I would be using that and not posting this question. Plus, you really didn't answer my question either, and there's a whole community of people (beyond BMW's) that are requesting the same thing over and over.

Thanks for your insight though.
EDIT**Useless post**

Last edited by cpjr; 09-22-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeFFb68CAM View Post
It's no wonder nobody has any interest in answering your post.. you're an ******* with probably a lot of real-life incompetencies to make up for on the internet by being an egotistical badass who thinks driving a 96 BMW makes him somehow better than those that drive I dunno - modern, reliable cars.

At which point did I say anything about my car being better than anyone else? I simply asked a question about a whole range of BMW's that are in need of this one tweak so integrated audio solutions work fully. This also applies to other automakers that have similar integrations available... which, I do not know entirely, I only own one car.

I went over the first post so in depth as to weed out all the previous issues with threads on this topic before. I'm looking for a specific solution, not someone else solution. I don't have bluetooth, if I had, I wouldn't of posted this issue. If there was a bluetooth solution for my old, unreliable car (as you put it), I wouldn't of posted the thread...

I'm hugely into gadgets, I know ALL the solutions out there for the iPhone. I want a specific answer (if someone has it) for THIS issue only. Myself and many many many other people are waiting on this fix.

Jeff, what kind of car do you own? Track it? 1/4mi it?

Last edited by Braymond141; 09-22-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:15 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2.0.2 (5C1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post

At which point did I say anything about my car being better than anyone else? I simply asked a question about a whole range of BMW's that are in need of this one tweak so integrated audio solutions work fully. This also applies to other automakers that have similar integrations available... which, I do not know entirely, I only own one car.

I went over the first post so in depth as to weed out all the previous issues with threads on this topic before. I'm looking for a specific solution, not someone else solution. I don't have bluetooth, if I had, I wouldn't of posted this issue. If there was a bluetooth solution for my old, unreliable car (as you put it), I wouldn't of posted the thread...

I'm hugely into gadgets, I know ALL the solutions out there for the iPhone. I want a specific answer (if someone has it) for THIS issue only. Myself and many many many other people are waiting on this fix.

Jeff, what kind of car do you own? Track it? 1/4mi it?

My V8 E150 eats BMW's for breakfast, Is this a specific enough answer for you "NO"

Why not put in a request someone might take up the challenge.

Last edited by mickish1953; 09-22-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:47 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickish1953 View Post
My V8 E150 eats BMW's for breakfast, Is this a specific enough answer for you "NO"

Why not put in a request someone might take up the challenge.
Your cargo van huh?

I hadn't made a request because so many people have already expressed interest in such a solution I figured someone had something in the works.

As far as you know it's no, but maybe someone IS working on it and that's what this thread is about.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: QuickPwn 3g 2.1
Operating System: Vista Home Premium 32bit

um go buy a bluetooth intergration kit, got one for our volvo for a like 100-200 bucks installed works wonderfully
Old 09-22-2008, 10:47 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
um go buy a bluetooth intergration kit, got one for our volvo for a like 100-200 bucks installed works wonderfully
I would, but they dont make one with the correct integration on my year of car. 2000+ have OEM solutions, and it's already bad enough I have the iPod kit non-oem in my car as it is.

I know, i'm an OEM whore. I like my stuff neat and simple. It's just a small little hack that everyone is asking for... that's all it would take.

I'll post this in the request forum and see what happens. Someone will undoubtedly say repost though :shifty:
Old 09-22-2008, 11:18 PM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G (White 16GB), Iphone 2G 2.1 JB/Unlocked

Please repost. Im closing this thread and certain people will be getting an infraction. Sorry, this is not a forum where we encourage insulting remarks.

Thread closed.

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPhone Modding > General iPhone Chat