HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion > Installer Support
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Installer Support For issues, discussion and support concerning Installer.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 02:12 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Help: Cydia bzip2 error code (2)

I've got an iPod Touch, bought 2.0 firmware upgrade via iTunes. Jailbreaked with these instructions (had to find the 2.0 iPod Touch firmwire via torrent since I couldn't find the ipsw on my machine).

After the jailbreak, my Touch rebooted and I had Cydia (yay!), installed NES (yay again!). Wanted to add NES rom source repos. Tried adding http://iromrepo.com/repo as per this page (see comment further down, this is the new repo URL) and s.apfeIphone.net from this page. "Updating Sources...downloading...." and I get this error:

Source Error
Sub-process bzip2 returned an error code (2)

I found this thread. Tried to add apptapp.saurik.com, same error.

I found this cryptic (to a newbie) ticket. Except I have no idea what is meant by "Cydia Source Set".

And there's talk about an "Installer.app" that seems to refer to something other than Cydia. But it's not clear to me what. All I know is, I did the jailbreak, Cydia icon appeared. No Installer icon.

If anyone has any advice or (even better) a fix, please let me know!

Thanks,

starscapes
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:52 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm getting the same error.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G, FW-2

same problem, installed NES no problem, but unable to find the right source to download via Cydia
Old 08-19-2008, 11:02 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I never resolved this issue - I think the issue is the 2.0 fireware. It just doesn't work with 2.0. I went with the manual install method, install openSSH, scp the ROM files into the device (you can Google for the instructions).

I also just found this: Installer.app - iPhone Apps, iPhone 3G apps and iPod touch Applications Gallery appSafari.com
Dunno if it works though.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:53 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G 2.0.1
Operating System: windows XP

try this as a source in cydia... repo. iphoneroms. com

Last edited by kurufen; 08-31-2008 at 05:55 AM. Reason: link didn't was showing as *******

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion > Installer Support