HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches Post new native iPhone and iPod Touch apps in this forum. Also post updates to apps in this thread. Grab Our Native Apps Launches RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPod 8G 1.1.3
Operating System: MacOS Leo
Thank you for your problem report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenning View Post
@Sangwook Han

Ok, first off, I have 1.1.1.
I love this app, it was def in my top 3 wishlist before I even had an iPhone.

I want to help so here are my findings:

I have a US Holiday calendar that is public and most of the dates on that show up a day late on the iPhone calendar. They time zone on the calendar is Pacific and I am Eastern, so I am thinking that might have something to do with it. (Calendar ID is: usa@holiday.calendar.google.com)

I also have a bills calendar that is my own, and it only has about 6-8 events that all repeat. The events in that calendar would usually show up at odd times. For instance, my paycheck (which is bi-weekly) would show up every Thursday. I believe this might have something to do with the fact that when (in Google Calendar) you set up a bi-weekly event, you have to choose: Repeats Weekly, then change it to: Repeat every 2 weeks. Just an idea... Sometimes, events that repeated monthly would show up on the day they were due, and then the day after as well.

Another problem I was running into was that the Holiday calendar was not showing up in List view at all.

I have since only added my main calendar, and my band's calendar (that is mine) through NemusSync, and everything is working perfectly.

It's just the public Holidays calendar, and the Bills calendar with all repeating events that are causing problems. As a side note, all the events in both calendars are full day events.

Thank you for this and I hope this helps.
Let me know if you need any more information.

Dave
For now, they are mostly because recurring event.
Google's recurring event is very powerful and complex. but iPhone's are not. DB in iPhone is so simple and can handle only simplest recurring event.

As a solution, I'm thinking about read-only(download only) calendar option.
If a calendar is checked or detected as read-only, there are no need to save event as recurring one. It can be considered every occurrence of recuring event as a single event.

I think it could be implemented in this weekend unless something happened.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:58 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I just updated to the latest version and it seems that full day events created in google calendar sync to the phone just fine...but full day events created on the iphone sync 1 day back on google calendar.

as soon as this bug can get fixed this app will be the best app created for the iphone EVER.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP

Sangwook:

I just installed and synced my 6 GCals, then I created a bunch of events on my iPhone and synced those. It worked almost perfectly!... I had the same problem as feerlessleadr. Full day events showed up in GCal a day behind, however when deleting the events the sync worked great.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
This is my #1 app after only 1/2 hour of playing around
Old 05-22-2008, 04:03 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Great App & Some Thoughs on Backgrounding

Hi,

This is for sure the No 1 app for iPhone. Congradulations to the developer and thanks to him for sharing this great app with us fellow users.

Coming to the background scheduled sync, I checked google a bit for finding if it's possible on iPhone. It seems possible, although though not very easy.

In this forum, a developer has made an application called "schedule", which makes iPhone OS level to trigger it at a given time. However, it didn't have any "recurring" schedule function, such as "every half an hour". When that can be done and integrated with NemusSync, that would be perfect!

Thanks again,

Fast
Old 05-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPod 8G 1.1.3
Operating System: MacOS Leo

Please let me know your timezones. both iphone and google.
In my iPod, TZ name is "Asia/Seoul" and same as all of google calendar.
It is GMT+9 and I have no such problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfy50 View Post
I just installed and synced my 6 GCals, then I created a bunch of events on my iPhone and synced those. It worked almost perfectly!... I had the same problem as feerlessleadr. Full day events showed up in GCal a day behind, however when deleting the events the sync worked great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feerlessleadr View Post
I just updated to the latest version and it seems that full day events created in google calendar sync to the phone just fine...but full day events created on the iphone sync 1 day back on google calendar.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:43 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangwook Han View Post
On my iPhone my time zone name is New York, and my google calendar time zone is Eastern GMT -5. Both the same.

thanks for looking into this bug for us.

Quote:
On my iPhone my time zone name is New York, and my google calendar time zone is Eastern GMT -5. Both the same.

thanks for looking into this bug for us.
i just noticed that under download and upload events the date and time are right but the time zone (at least im assuming it is the time zone) is wrong. the time zone part says -0400

Last edited by feerlessleadr : 05-23-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-23-2008, 11:15 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: windows xp

Quote:
i just noticed that under download and upload events the date and time are right but the time zone (at least im assuming it is the time zone) is wrong. the time zone part says -0400
I also love this app and have noticed the same bugs as others with recurring all day events. Looking at my iPhone the time zone under Download Events is -0500 (which is right for me) and the Upload Events time zone says -0600 which is not right. Not sure if this would be affecting uploading events or not. Seems like it might be. I haven't been uploading events just because I've read about the issues and I've not had any need to do so.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:10 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4

Quote:
For now, they are mostly because recurring event.
Google's recurring event is very powerful and complex. but iPhone's are not. DB in iPhone is so simple and can handle only simplest recurring event.

As a solution, I'm thinking about read-only(download only) calendar option.
If a calendar is checked or detected as read-only, there are no need to save event as recurring one. It can be considered every occurrence of recuring event as a single event.

I think it could be implemented in this weekend unless something happened.
Oh, OK, That's why my recurring events which are on Monday, Friday weekly for example are only showing up Monday. That explains it. Thanks. I'll wait for the workaround. BTW, my whole day events are showing up fine. It might be that the timezone on their phone & gcal dont match.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:13 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
My Google calendar TZ was GMT-5 and that's correct for my country (Canada), but my iPhone was GMT-4. I had never bothered to look at that setting before. I changed it to my country TZ, deleted all my calendar entries from iPhone and re-synched everything from Google.

Now everything is showing-up perfectly.. no problems at all!

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:40 PM
What's Jailbreak?

to change your time zone on the phone did you just go into settings-general-date&time?

I put the city as New York which is in my time zone. I guess I will just have to clear my iPhone calendar and try again.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
to change your time zone on the phone did you just go into settings-general-date&time?

I put the city as New York which is in my time zone. I guess I will just have to clear my iPhone calendar and try again.
yes, i went to settings-general-date&time-time zone and typed in my city (Toronto). I cleared my calendars because the full day events are all recurring and setup for the year... so I had to re-sync them.

Try it, it worked fine for me.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Ok, now my favourite iPhone application works perfectly. Thank you Sangwook Han, you rock

PS Now I wish the iPhone's Calendar would be a bit more advanced...
Old 05-24-2008, 01:27 PM
What's Jailbreak?

ok having a little problem did not want to upgrade 1.1.1 so I found another phone cheap traded an old laptop I was not using.

Jailbroke, unlocked, have installer put in the repo but I cant get the program or Gdata to show up is the source still active?

1.1.4 8GB upgraded, JBed, Unlocked with iLiberty.

Doesn't everyone have a backup phone?
Old 05-24-2008, 04:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Seems the source is no longer responding
Old 05-24-2008, 07:30 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Man I hope it is just a glich and not for good this was one of the best programs out there and it was just beta

1.1.4 8GB upgraded, JBed, Unlocked with iLiberty.

Doesn't everyone have a backup phone?

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches