HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose675 View Post
that if you bought your iPhone on may 27, 2008 you will get the free upgrade
for those who bought the iPhone in 2007 you will have to pay 200 more
Pay $200 more as an $199 (8GB) + $200 or just $199 (8GB)???

And what if I just activated if AT&T like a month ago and got my iPhone two months ago??

Last edited by rvashi; 06-11-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:44 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Once again i am wondering why you can't just activate in the store & then terminate service with in your 14, or 30 day service trial period? You wouldn't have to pay an early termination fee & if it doesn't state anywhere in the contract there will be an additonal fee for the phone, what can they do? You hae already technically paid Apple for the phone... I am not an AT&T customer so I was wondering if you an purchase insurance for the iPhone with them? Please let me know. Thanx ahead of time.

Wanderlei Sivla
Old 06-11-2008, 06:32 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.2
Operating System: Windows Vista, XP
Send a message via MSN to bebeboricua

i bought my iPhone on February 2008 but i never activated if i activaded now can el be a candidate for the 3g free....I live in Puerto Rico who is the oficial carrier america movil or AT&T
Old 06-12-2008, 05:53 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
Once again i am wondering why you can't just activate in the store & then terminate service with in your 14, or 30 day service trial period? You wouldn't have to pay an early termination fee & if it doesn't state anywhere in the contract there will be an additonal fee for the phone, what can they do? You hae already technically paid Apple for the phone... I am not an AT&T customer so I was wondering if you an purchase insurance for the iPhone with them? Please let me know. Thanx ahead of time.

Exactly but lets not talk this up too much because I'm sure these forums are monitored. I don't know if anyone has notice the big ATT adds on this site. Also it you were to cancel you contract could you just go in and add the iphone service or would you be stuck with a phone that dosn't work.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pospower View Post
Exactly but lets not talk this up too much because I'm sure these forums are monitored. I don't know if anyone has notice the big ATT adds on this site. Also it you were to cancel you contract could you just go in and add the iphone service or would you be stuck with a phone that dosn't work.
I think most people that want to cancel the AT&T service aren't worried about that beacuse they are hoping on using it unlocked & with another carrier anyway...

Wanderlei Sivla
Old 06-13-2008, 02:19 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I Bought the 1st Gen iPhone in July 07, What I want to know is. if I buy new 3g iphone, will i be agreeing to a additional 2 year contract to be added to the year I have left (3 years locked in is an issue for me, as in 3 years I am sure we will have the gPhone as well as a 4th gen iphone). Like lots of people who post here, I want the best device on the market when it comes out. If I keep signing new 2 year contracts every time a new phone comes out with this arrangement one could end up locked in for 4 years or more. PLEASE NO CONTRACT ROLL OVER, This aspect seems really unclear.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Easy. With the iPhone they extended the trial period to 30 days. If you want to cancel without any fees, you have to return the iPhone when cancelling the contract. If you do not return the iPhone within 30 days, you can not cancel your contract. If you wait 30 days, you can cancel, keep the phone, and pay the normal termination fee.

Here is the memo to AT&T Stores:
iPhone 3G Requires 2 Year Contract, In Store Activation | Apple iPhone School
Old 06-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Green Apple

Apple Adds Spyware to iphone 3g that will brick if Jailbroken

Quote:
I think most people that want to cancel the AT&T service aren't worried about that beacuse they are hoping on using it unlocked & with another carrier anyway...
I know this sound crazy and it just might be but i heard it straight from an ATT rep minutes again. Here is the propoganda. He said that if anyone add's third party apps that are not registrered with apple. The 3g phone will alert ATT and the phone will be deamed usless. Ok now don't flame me Im just passing on the info.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by pospower View Post
I know this sound crazy and it just might be but i heard it straight from an ATT rep minutes again. Here is the propoganda. He said that if anyone add's third party apps that are not registrered with apple. The 3g phone will alert ATT and the phone will be deamed usless. Ok now don't flame me Im just passing on the info.
Not a flame but i call BS on that one.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:42 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
What a thread... never have so many, said so much, for so long, so repetitiously, with so little real information.
And still going strong. Jesus, is this the Iphone forum or the idiot phone forum.

All these people whining about contract, trade in, paying another $200 to get a 3G Iphone?????

It doesn't matter, trade your phone in and get the 3G for free if you qualify or better yet, walk in, extend or sign new contract, and sell your old Iphone. You will definitely get at least $200 for it so your new 3G is free no matter what.

Trust me, there will still be lots of demand for your EDGE Iphone on Ebay. Not everyone wants an AT&T contract. Lots of people just want the phone for an Ipod feature and to use it with their Wi-Fi at home or on the go and pop in their T-mobile sim card to make calls on a much cheaper T-Mobile network.

I for one will gladly pay $200 for an EDGE Iphone to hack and drop my t-mobile card in. I won't even add the data plan since the Iphone is pretty much a laptop once jailbroken and unlock.

The only thing that will happen is the Ipod Touch price sell will plummet. Why not pickup an EDGE Iphone for cheap on EBAY that has more features than the itouch for a cheaper price.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post
And still going strong. Jesus, is this the Iphone forum or the idiot phone forum.

All these people whining about contract, trade in, paying another $200 to get a 3G Iphone?????

It doesn't matter, trade your phone in and get the 3G for free if you qualify or better yet, walk in, extend or sign new contract, and sell your old Iphone. You will definitely get at least $200 for it so your new 3G is free no matter what.

Trust me, there will still be lots of demand for your EDGE Iphone on Ebay. Not everyone wants an AT&T contract. Lots of people just want the phone for an Ipod feature and to use it with their Wi-Fi at home or on the go and pop in their T-mobile sim card to make calls on a much cheaper T-Mobile network.

I for one will gladly pay $200 for an EDGE Iphone to hack and drop my t-mobile card in. I won't even add the data plan since the Iphone is pretty much a laptop once jailbroken and unlock.

The only thing that will happen is the Ipod Touch price sell will plummet. Why not pickup an EDGE Iphone for cheap on EBAY that has more features than the itouch for a cheaper price.

Good luck getting an Iphone 1st gen for $200 they are going for $300 and up here in San Diego so I agree. Stop your whining. Get a 3g and you'll have $100 left over. Don't forget ATT lowers your fee for canceling over time as well. Oh and if they come out with another Iphone in 12 months I'm sure they will extend the same courtesy they did this round to 3g owners to upgrade.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 PM
What's Jailbreak?

If i buy New 2.0 Iphone can I take 2year contract terminate and go over to T-mobile will phone be activated and jail broken and what will be the final cost?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:44 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsi crew View Post
If i buy New 2.0 Iphone can I take 2year contract terminate and go over to T-mobile will phone be activated and jail broken and what will be the final cost?
At this point, no one knows what the cost or even the ability of buying the iPhone3G and then breaking a contract will be. But, I would be pretty confident that whatever you would save by being on TMo, you would lose in trying to do that kind of a deal.

And the iPhone will only be jailbroken if you jailbreak it, and it won't work on TMo until you do that and unlock it as well. That problably won't be difficult to do, based on what can be done now.

The bigger question would be why do that? There is precious little advantage to using the new iPhone on TMo, rather than using the current iPhone. The 3G on the new iPhone will not work on TMo.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:49 AM
What's Jailbreak?

to get a 3g iphone

K everyone is still confused on how its going to go to get a 3g iphone on launch date.

Here is the scoop, anybody that purchased and iphone will be eligible to upgrade to a 3giphone no matter if your only three months into your current contract and yes it will just override your old contract its not an extesion to your old contract. The 14 day return policy will change to a 30 day return policy so that ppl who were thinking of getting it and just cancelling service after the 14 days your out of luck. The reps in the att store will have to do the activation in the store so no more just buying the phone and taking it home, as of right now there is no contract price meaning (non-commitment price, retail price) so ppl who just want to buy an 3iphone out right its not gonna happen.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:31 PM
What's Jailbreak?

WoW

Are you guys actually serious? iPhone 3g is not even worth 200 bucks. Keep your original iPhone that you can do anything with and be satisfied. Maybe if people don't buy them, then ATT will have to do something about it???

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News