HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08 | Discuss AppStore Apps!

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I Own This Place

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.4 | Unlocked
Operating System: OS X Leopard 10.5.2
Thanked 1,224 Times in 632 Posts
ATT giving out free 3G iPhones

AT&T has stated if you bought your iPhone after May 27th, you can swap out your iPhone for a free 3G iPhone upgrade - no cost, no contract extension.

Of course, if you bought it before that, you get to sign a whole new 2 year contract, extended from where yours ends now to grab a 3G iPhone. Unless you want to pay full price, of course, like us T-Mobile folks are going to have to do.

Gizmodo

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A B A [select] [start]
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Green Apple

full price? the full price is 199 and 299. so us on other carriers are screwed honestly!
Old 06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Owner / Founder - ModMyiFone

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.2 | 1.1.3
Operating System: OS X | XP | Sabayon
Thanked 10,582 Times in 272 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cash7c3 Send a message via MSN to cash7c3 Send a message via Yahoo to cash7c3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick94hb View Post
full price? the full price is 199 and 299. so us on other carriers are screwed honestly!
that's subsidized price
Old 06-09-2008, 05:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: IPHONE 1.1.4 Ultimate IPHONE Kit
Operating System: WinXP Pro
Send a message via MSN to serge619 Send a message via Yahoo to serge619

no problem for me signing a new contract. as long as i get the new iPhone.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:55 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Now will the plan extend so that I will be on contract for 3.75 years? Or do you mean that my plan will over-write so that the old 2 years i have will void and sign a new 2 year contract ?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:59 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Why would a TMo user even want the new iPhone? I thought that their 3G network is totally different than ATT's. Why not just upgrade your existing iPhone to 2.0?
Old 06-09-2008, 06:02 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone (1st Gen) 2.0
Operating System: Vista Ultimate+Leopard
Send a message via AIM to mfleigle

Where could you buy them? The apple store, and AT&T have been sold out since the beginning of may. (atleast when I checked)
Old 06-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Green Apple

guys there is no subsidized price. you dont understand
You must sign a 2 yr agreement and activate the iphone at the time or purchase at the store!!!!!!!! If you dont have att then you will have to pay a deposit depending on your credit. The price is 199 and 299 there is no other price for the phone. If you dont go through att or any of apples providers then you dont get the iphone, simple as that. 199 and 299 bottom line no more no less unless its a 3rd party seller which good luck finding one now!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick94hb View Post
guys there is no subsidized price. you dont understand
You must sign a 2 yr agreement and activate the iphone at the time or purchase at the store!!!!!!!! If you dont have att then you will have to pay a deposit depending on your credit. The price is 199 and 299 there is no other price for the phone. If you dont go through att or any of apples providers then you dont get the iphone, simple as that. 199 and 299 bottom line no more no less unless its a 3rd party seller which good luck finding one now!

Ok you are half right here. Yes the price is $199 or $299 but you can buy the phone from the Apple store and NOT activate it. Wait a week for someone to jailbreak it and put in a Tmobile chip. Now you will have a 3g phone with no 3g but you will have the new phone and GPS and for only $199. Oh theres more you won't have to pay the extra $10 a month for the up'd data price.

Lastly I bought an Iphone last June and signed the 2 year contract through ATT and Itunes and it says now that I am eligable for a free upgrade. So I might just get me a curve for $49 from fry's and sign a new contract for 2 years then by a new phone for $199 and sell my curve in a month for let's say blow out price of $150. or even $200. Now that's capitalizm. Oh not to mention I sold my Iphone last week for $375 so I"m pretty stoked about the new price cut.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Green Apple

So if we bought the last iphone at the launch date... if we want to upgrade to the new iphone, users can't trade in their phone, correct?

...sounds dumb if not, considering I paid about 600 for it, even with the 100 rebate check, and the new phones are $199 for the phone I paid for.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Green Apple

did you guys happen to read this thread here No More Online iPhone Sales | 3g Data Prices

YOU MUST BUY THE IPHONE IN PERSON AND ACTIVATE IT IN THE STORE NO MORE ONLINE SALES ALSO!
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by pospower View Post
Ok you are half right here. Yes the price is $199 or $299 but you can buy the phone from the Apple store and NOT activate it. Wait a week for someone to jailbreak it and put in a Tmobile chip. Now you will have a 3g phone with no 3g but you will have the new phone and GPS and for only $199. Oh theres more you won't have to pay the extra $10 a month for the up'd data price.
No, he's all right and you're all wrong. Apple Stores will have AT&T kiosk for activating. You will not be able to buy the iPhone without a contract.
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Jailbroken iphone-1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista

i got mine in november...so do i just have to get 2 more years or is it 2 more years and the price? (please be just two years no price)
Old 06-09-2008, 06:21 PM

Okay so someone set me straight here...

What would the price be for someone buying the new iPhone but using it with T-Mobile? I know 3G wont work but I just want the new one, and the 2.0 firmware is already unlocked as I have been told..

So would you still get the 199/299 pricing for 8/16 gig models, and just not activate it at the store and jailbreak/unlock later?

or is the only possible way to get one is pay the 199/299 and start a 2 year contract..
Old 06-09-2008, 06:23 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

The ONLY way to get a 2nd-gen is with a 2-year contract through an AT&T or Apple Store.

You can't just buy the phone and "activate" in your home.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News