ModMyMotoModMyiModMyGphone

Unlocked iPhones

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPhone > iPhone News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 01:13 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_hawk View Post
just finished upgrading/jailbreaking my previously jailbroken 1.1.3 (not unlocked) 1st gen iphone to FW 2.0 using Pwnage Tool, then restored previous data via itunes.

everything is as it should be (pineapple logo, cydia, wifi, etc.) EXCEPT that the phone doesn't seem to be connected to my cellular network or EDGE.

-it says "No Service" where the signal bars and AT&T logo should be.
-in Settings/General/About/Network, it says "Not Available"
-any attempt to make a phone call results in a "Call Failed" screen.
-incoming calls go directly to voice mail.
-the iphone SIM card works fine in my Sony-Ericsson phone.
-restarting the iphone didn't work.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated... thanks in advance.

UPDATE: i tried running Pwnage Tool 2.01 again, but in SIMPLE mode this time - my ATT network signal is back - it worked like a charm!
ATT users: In pwnage tool Expert Mode, under the "General" tab you have to uncheck "activate." Your iphone will be activated by iTunes during the restore process.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:56 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 1.1.4 :(
Operating System: Leopard 10.5.4
Send a message via AIM to timbo

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed when use Pwnage 2.0 in expert mode and change the partition size, none of my prepwn backups work. I have tried to set up my .ipsw file to have a 1028 partition. I wonder if I do have, then set my iPhone up as new, when my backups have the 1024 partition?

Timbo

If you find my post helpfull, be sure to click the button.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:28 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone
Operating System: max os

I did my previous pwnaned phone last night. I am a newbie. I printed the guide had it with me and followed the steps. The only problem I had a the start was that I did not have it set to expert so I got lost. Once I selected expert is work just like the guide. I followed the steps and everything is working on my phone. Thands dev team!!! Great job! Does any one have a link or can tell me how to make a donation?
Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.2
Success Upgrade to V2.0

Thanks to Dev Teams, Tried, Install in the 1st Generation and the iphone is up and running in v2.0 now. Many thanks Guys.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:55 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quick and maybe silly question, but what speaks for upgrading to 2.0?
Are there any advantages, that I might "need"? (Running 1.1.4 right now)

Thanks and sorry for this little OT, but I thought here's a good spot to ask!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Cannot Upgrade to 10.5.4

Is it possible to do run the pwnage tool on the 10.5.2 OSX software? I have not been able to upgrade to either 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 since theyve come out, every time i try to open the .dmg file, it fails during the verification, giving me either a "codec overrun" error or an "invalid checksum" error. i've done a bit of research on this problem, and it seems that it comes from a firewall on certain routers. I am using an AirportExpress, though, and usually the routers with this problem have been Netgear, sometimes Linksys. I've also tried downloading the file in other locations, but i think the problem comes from the fact that i live in beijing and the internet has all sorts of errors here.

Basically my questions are 1)Is it possible to use pwnage from 10.5.2, but since i think the answer to that is "no," 2) is there any way for me to work around this upgrade problem? They just opened the first apple store here last week, maybe i can get an upgrade CD from them? If Pwnage didnt make you enter a user password, i just just pwn my phone on their computers, i'll bet they have 10.5.4.

Sorry about the long post, i just can't figure out what to do. and sorry for my bad English, i hope you could make some sense out of that. thanks for any help.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:28 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: ***

anyone here know for sure if the pwn tool works for 3G iPhones that have been activated in-store?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:41 PM
What's Jailbreak?

can you use the app store as well if you jailbreak 2.0? so we inturn have double the apps?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:09 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: ***

yes you can. but why use appstore when you have installer and get all the apps 100% free?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:12 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0(pwned!!)
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista

so can i do this on my aunts mac? even tho my iphone is not synced w/ her itunes? also can i bring the custom f/w back to my pc and proceed to custom restore there?

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
What's Jailbreak?

No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Is it possible to do run the pwnage tool on the 10.5.2 OSX software? I have not been able to upgrade to either 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 since theyve come out, every time i try to open the .dmg file, it fails during the verification, giving me either a "codec overrun" error or an "invalid checksum" error. i've done a bit of research on this problem, and it seems that it comes from a firewall on certain routers. I am using an AirportExpress, though, and usually the routers with this problem have been Netgear, sometimes Linksys. I've also tried downloading the file in other locations, but i think the problem comes from the fact that i live in beijing and the internet has all sorts of errors here.

Basically my questions are 1)Is it possible to use pwnage from 10.5.2, but since i think the answer to that is "no," 2) is there any way for me to work around this upgrade problem? They just opened the first apple store here last week, maybe i can get an upgrade CD from them? If Pwnage didnt make you enter a user password, i just just pwn my phone on their computers, i'll bet they have 10.5.4.

Sorry about the long post, i just can't figure out what to do. and sorry for my bad English, i hope you could make some sense out of that. thanks for any help.
I ran this whole process on a Hackintosh running 10.5.2. I would think a legit version will work too.

Hope this helps.
Wudstock
Old 07-23-2008, 12:30 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2 Jailbroken, Pwned and Unlocked
Operating System: Mac 10.5

Works great for us... thanks as always! We did have the initial problem with the pwnage tool bouncing on the dock - but going to activity monitor, clicking all processes and ending the PS process fixed it...

Thanks!
FriendSite.com
Old 07-23-2008, 06:56 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows Xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun11 View Post
yes you can. but why use appstore when you have installer and get all the apps 100% free?
That's wrong, the apps from appstore are not the same apps as installer. ALSO, there are many free apps from the appstore.

I unlocked my 1g iphone to 2.0 on windows xp and loving it.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious <a href="http://reddit.com/submit?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.modmyi.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php&t=244601