HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > Pwnage
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pwnage PwnageTool is a brilliant application which allows you to "pwn" your iPhone and allow it to accept custom firwares, which can be jailbroken/unlocked/etc. By the Dev Team.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 04:47 AM
MMi Writer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0
Operating System: Windows XP
Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows

This tutorial won't unlock your iPhone 3G!

To follow these tutorials, you must have the following:
Here are all the steps you need to follow:

1.Download all the files mentioned above.

2. Install Winpwn 2.5

3. Create a new folder named WinPwn (or whatever you like) and place the winpwn shortcut, firmware file and BL files in the folder.

4. Open Winpwn and select the first picture representing iPhone 2G.

5. In next step, select 2.0.2 and click next.

6. Then, it will ask if you want to use the official carrier. Click thumbs up for yes and thumbs down for no. Skip the next step if you click
thumbs up in this step.

7. Now, it will ask if you want to unlock. Just click thumbs down if you only want to activate and click thumbs up if you want to unlock.

8. Then, it will ask if you want to use custom boot logos. Click thumbs up if you want custom boot and recovery screen logos but if you choose thumbs down, skip the next step.

9. Now, click on the two iPhone pictures to select the different boot and recovery logos. If you want to search online gallery, first click on browse so it changes to online and then click on the two iPhone pictures.

10. When you click next, it will start building the custom firmware.

11. After custom firmware is built (will be saved in My Documents), you will be asked if you want to start the DFU wizard. Click thumbs up.

12. Then, it will ask if your phone is turned of and connected via USB. If not, then do it and click thumbs up.

13. After that, it will give a ready to pwn message. Click OK.

14. First of all, press and hold power button till countdown ends.

15. Then, hold both power and home button till countdown ends.

16. Then, release power button and keep holding home button till countdown ends.

17. After you get the success message, release home button and quit pwnage.

18. Then, open iTunes to restore to the custom iPhone Firmware in iTunes. To do this, while holding shift, click restore and select the custom firmware.

19. After the phone reboots, it has been pwned successfully with Cydia and Installer on home screen

Notice: If you face crash while building firmware, use the expert mode and set partition size between 700 MB to 900 MB

All credits go to CMW and DevTeam for this software.

Last edited by sayam; 08-30-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:
equus (08-30-2008), PhxBlue (08-30-2008), realmx (09-01-2008), TT KH (09-02-2008)
Old 08-30-2008, 10:35 PM
What's Jailbreak?

after im done with everything? to unlock, do i go to clydia and install the bootneuter to unlock my iphone to work with a tmobile sim card?

as i was using the bootneuter, the auto-lock was on for 1 minute. the message on the screen as the bootneuter was running said "DO NOT INTERRUPT". i had to restart my iphone since it started to act up. now im trying to restore it back to factory settings to redo the whole process again. should i back up with the one that reads "unknown" or the very first backup it as since ive tried one and it failed to back up.

by the way, before doing the backup, my iphone screen reads "cannot make calls, contact apple support"
Old 09-01-2008, 02:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone + 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows Vista SP1

What I do If I get this error

The Iphone could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred (1601)

When doing the restore of the firmware with my Iphone in DFU mode and using Itunes 7.7

I'm doing this restorewith the custom firmware using Winpwn2.5.02 from a 1.1.4 unlocked Iphone 2G
Old 09-01-2008, 03:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

i have 3g i phone. i created custom frimware.i did all the steps.putting phone in dfu mode but when i try to Restore custom frimware in itunes it give me error wat i am doing wrong or missing ? any idea ?
Old 09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
MMi Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa_mostwanted007 View Post
i have 3g i phone. i created custom frimware.i did all the steps.putting phone in dfu mode but when i try to Restore custom frimware in itunes it give me error wat i am doing wrong or missing ? any idea ?
@soleaddict23, it seems to me that interrupting bootneuter has lead to some serious problem with the bl or bb.

@vchavez, search the forum about this error and you will get a lot of information!

@usa_mostwanted007, did you choose the iPhone 3G image in Winpwn home screen?
Old 09-01-2008, 04:17 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Hello,
i followed Sayam's instructions and everything seems to be working just fine. my question is to get my t zone to work do i still need to download t zone hack from installer or cydia? also do i need to type in wap.voicestream.com on the APN section or not. thank you in advance.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

does this skip activation because im thinking of upgrading to 3g but im not trying to start ANOTHER 2 yr plan.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:50 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone + 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows Vista SP1

Sayam thanks I'm looking for the answer using the search option in the forum but I'm still stuck because there are many ways of getting this error.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:15 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.1
Operating System: Window XP

I have the same problem like The Iphone could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred (6)
Old 09-02-2008, 07:10 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 2.2
Operating System: Xp
Send a message via AIM to misskalunji Send a message via MSN to misskalunji

this seemed to have worked perfectly so far
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

i cant seem to get past step 12, i turn the phone off and hit the thumbs up and seconds later it says "Failed to Pwn your device do you want to retry?" btw its 1st gen 16gb iphone
Old 09-03-2008, 12:12 AM
What's Jailbreak?

yh i did choose the 3g option i just cannot restore my iphone with custom frimware. i dont know wat i am doing wrong.

i made it.. i downloaded all needed files again and tried it again. it works i am restoring my backed up stuff. i will update my reply later ..

Last edited by usa_mostwanted007; 09-03-2008 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-03-2008, 03:38 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Hash Check failed?

Hi , I cannot get the .ipsw file to work on the iPhone 3g. I downloaded the speified restore file and clicke iPhone 3g, it then tells me the hash check is failed/invalid hash. It works if i select iPhone, only fails with iPhone 3g selection. Please can I have any ideas for what i can do, Thanks in advance

Last edited by barenson; 09-03-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 AM
MMi Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barenson View Post
Hi , I cannot get the .ipsw file to work on the iPhone 3g. I downloaded the speified restore file and clicke iPhone 3g, it then tells me the hash check is failed/invalid hash. It works if i select iPhone, only fails with iPhone 3g selection. Please can I have any ideas for what i can do, Thanks in advance
This tutorial is for 2G iPhone as the file specified and steps are not for 3G. But you can download the 3G firmware file here and select 3G iPhone in Winpwn and do the rest of things except unlocking...
Old 09-03-2008, 09:09 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.1
Operating System: Window XP

Sayam could you kindly help me on this I have spent 3 days on this but still a no go I got to the very end but no cigar. All I could see is that rainbow apple logo at the end, and other times are code 6 code 1064. Any suggestion all this after using a desktop at home and another desktopat work and a laptop and 14 different usb port. What's there to do.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > Pwnage