HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 03:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone, 2.0.1
Operating System: windows xp
my 2.0 iphone locked when i put my simcard in

I downgraded my iphone today from a 2.0.1 to a 2.0. When I take out the original sim card out of the iphone, and put my cingular sim card from my samsung phone, it tells me to activate it. What should I do to make my iphone work with my cingular sim card from my samsung phone? I have at&t.

the steps that I used to downgrade my 2.0.1 to a 2.0 was from this website:

Downgrade iPhone Firmware 2.0.1 to 2.0.0 « iPhone Tutorials - IPHONETUTS

do you think the reason why my iphone doesn't work with my cingular sim card is because when I was downgrading it, the original simcard was in it, and not mine? was I suppose to downgrade the iphone while my cingular simcard from my samsung was in the iphone? please help me. oh yeah, i have a 2nd generation iphone and it's 8GB

basically, all i am asking is what should i do to make my iphone work so when i put my cingular simcard in from my samsung, it will be unlocked and not locked? my iphone is only unlocked only when the original simcard is in it, and not mine. with my sim card inserted, it tells me to activate it.

Last edited by gummychoco; 08-14-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:31 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.3

Do you have a jailbroken phone? Did you use winpwn or pwnage tool? With these two tools, the activation and unlocking(inside the custom firmware) should be made for any carrier. In the worst case, restore your phone using your custom firmware with your samsung sim card.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone, 2.0.1
Operating System: windows xp

what do you mean by, "do you have a jailbroken phone" ? sorry, i am new at this. well, my dad gave me this 2nd generation iphone (8GB) because he got a 3g iphone. He cancelled the phone plan contract thing on my iphone, and now has the phone contract thing on his. everthing on the iphone works except for the phone of course because he canceled it. When i put my cingular simcard in from my samsung, the phone actually worked because it was a 1.0.2, and so did everything else, but not anymore because i accidently upgraded it to a 2.0.1 on itunes.

so, i thought i could make calls again if i put my cingular simcard from my samsung in it by downgrading 2.0.1 to 2.0, but it did not work. it is locked and tells me to activate it when i insert my cingular sim card in from my samsung cellphone, but is unlocked still with the original simcard.

also , when i downgraded it from 2.0.1 to 2.0, i used the latest winpwn tool, and these :

-iTunes to latest version 7.7.1(only the latest iTunes version can restore firmware image from 2.0.1 and 2.0.0)

-iPhone first generation restore firmware image version 2.0.0

-both 3.9 and 4.6 bootloaders

Last edited by gummychoco; 08-14-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Legally Unlocked 16gb 3G IPHONE
Operating System: Windows 98SE

just put the original simcard back into the phone
the simcard account has to be active
then connect the phone to itunes and allow it to activate it

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation