ModMyMotoModMyiModMyGphone

2.2 Unlock | Jailbreak OS X

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPhone > Wiki Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 1G iPhone 8GB, Firmware 2.0
Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.x
Send a message via ICQ to vinko Send a message via MSN to vinko Send a message via Yahoo to vinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
... suggests to restore to 2.0 normally first via iTunes if you are at 1.1.4 or lower. Since many other people are reporting issues, I'm thinking of doing this first, especially since I used Ziphone to unlock my 1.1.4. Any reasons not to do it, if even I'm just doing it for grits and shins?
The only reason why you do not want to restore to 2.0 prior to Pwning your iPhone is because you are using your current iPhone on a carrier that is not officially supporting the iPhone. Therefore you will not have an "activated" iPhone after you restore to 2.0.

Then again, if you are using your iPhone with a carrier that officially supports the iPhone, then you do not really have a need to Pwn your iPhone.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:58 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 16gig 1.1.4 firmware
Operating System: OS: X 10.4.11

Thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! Worked flawless!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

no it will work fine

This works like a charm
follow the guide and you should have no problems

Last edited by mdog02062; 07-22-2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 AM
What's Jailbreak?

no youtube on edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by playngod View Post
Thank you Dev team. Awesome job. I t took some time but I got the 2.0 to work. YEAH : )
Is anyone having issue with YouTube?
Thanks Dev Team!, works great with one exception. I too, am having a problem with youtube.
I have 1st Gen running on T-mobile that I just updated, youtube works fine on wifi but not on edge("Cannot connect to youtube"). Anyone have any suggestions? I have the cheaper Data plan ;-).
Old 07-22-2008, 03:36 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0 (BL4.6) on T-mobile
Operating System: OSX Leopard (10.5.4)

I have an iPhone on 1.1.3 with 4.6BL OOTB that I jailbroke and unlocked with ZiPhone 2.4. Do I need to upgrade to 1.1.4 first? And do I need to re-virginize my iPhone first before doing the 2.0 upgrade? I'm also concerned that the instructions needs the 3.9BL files... which implies that my iPhone's BL will be downgraded from the factory-installed 4.6BL. Isn't that a problem? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Green Apple

Send a message via ICQ to vinko Send a message via MSN to vinko Send a message via Yahoo to vinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJedi View Post
I have an iPhone on 1.1.3 with 4.6BL OOTB that I jailbroke and unlocked with ZiPhone 2.4. Do I need to upgrade to 1.1.4 first? And do I need to re-virginize my iPhone first before doing the 2.0 upgrade? ...
You do not need to upgrade or virginize your iPhone prior to following the instructions to Pwn your iPhone using the Pwnage Tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomain View Post
... I have 1st Gen running on T-mobile that I just updated, youtube works fine on wifi but not on edge("Cannot connect to youtube"). Anyone have any suggestions? I have the cheaper Data plan ;-).
Like with iTunes on the iPhone, I don't believe YouTube suppose to work on EDGE. Even if it does it would been way too slow to be practical.

Last edited by vinko; 07-22-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to vinko For This Useful Post:
MJedi (07-22-2008)
Old 07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Please help.
I am trying to run Pwnage 2.0.1 to unlock my iPhone 1st Gen 1.1.4. I have a new 3G so I'm not worried what happens to the contents of this iPhone. I have not hacked it before.

I go through the Bootneuter/Cydia/Custom Logos steps and at the point where it says BUILD rather than get the Bootloader dialog windows up, it takes me to a dialog window asking me to save the custom .ispw file.

Should I just continue with the ispw save or should I expect to see the Bootloader boxes? If so, where might have I gone wrong along the way?

Printdevil
Old 07-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printdevil View Post
Please help.
I am trying to run Pwnage 2.0.1 to unlock my iPhone 1st Gen 1.1.4. I have a new 3G so I'm not worried what happens to the contents of this iPhone. I have not hacked it before.

I go through the Bootneuter/Cydia/Custom Logos steps and at the point where it says BUILD rather than get the Bootloader dialog windows up, it takes me to a dialog window asking me to save the custom .ispw file.

Should I just continue with the ispw save or should I expect to see the Bootloader boxes? If so, where might have I gone wrong along the way?...
That's okay, go ahead and save the custom ISPW file. The iPhone Dev Team had enhanced the Pwnage Tool with 2.0.1. In these enhancements, one of the things they improved was Pwnage Tool's ability to locate the Bootloader files on your Mac.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:45 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I'm having a real hard time here, hopefully someone can help.

I have a 1st gen 8gb Iphone. Was flashed to 2.0 firmware with no sim no unlock no nothing. Using the pwnage tool on mac, seemed to work well. Got it into DFU no problem and restored it (specifying for it to flash to baseband 4.6)

Whenever I have anything but a stock firmware file in there... it will not boot up. It gets to the apple loading icon and restarts, trys again for a few seconds and restarts. over and over. I have tried simple mode, expert mode. Everything I can think of and it doesn't work.

any advice on what to do. I have followed these instructions to the letter and no luck

Quote:
Follow and check all steps and all will work.

=== Pre-upgrade Checks ===
1. Restore your iPhone with the Original & Official Apple iphone 2.0 software.
2. Phone will be "emergency" only status.

=== Device Support Folder === (2.0.1 should solve this but check it anyway )
1. Open Finder
2. Goto "Mac HD"
3. Goto "Library" and then to "Itunes"
4. If "Device Support" EXISTS - open folder and delete everything in there.
5. If "Device Support" folder doesn't exist - create a new folder called "Device Support"

=== Download Bootloaders ===
1. You need both 3.9 and 4.6 (available via 100s of links on this page - particularly at the top)

=== Upgrade Steps ===
1. Open up the pwned 2.0
2. Goto EXPERT MODE - if you use simple mode you will get errors 6, 20, 1600, 1601 etc and it will NOT work
3. Select the 2.0 firmware and also select relevant *.bins
4. When get to main menu screen, go into Bootnetuer and select "Update Bootloader" and select "4.6"
5. Go back to main menu and enter General Settings --> select Enable Baseband Update
6. Then build the firmware and save it to your desktop
7. Once the firmware is built, pwned will ask you to plug in your iphone via USB.
8. It will then step you through the process of enter DFU mode
9. Once this is complete it will ask you to boot up itunes (when you plugged you phone in it may have already loaded)
10. Hold down ALT (on MAC) and select the firmware on your desktop
11. iPhone will update - LEAVE IT for the entire process.
12. It should install and all will work

=== If DFU Fails ===
1. Plug iPhone into USB & then TURN OFF (connected obviously :P)
2. Hold the power and home buttons at the same time for 10 secs
3. Release power button and continue holding home button
4. iTunes will recognize the phone in "Restore Mode"
5. Hit "Option/ALT" key and click restore.
6. Select the firmware on your desktop
7. Await 2.0 love (feel free to drink a beer at this point)

Getting pretty frustrated, at least I can get it back to stock without too much pain
Old 07-22-2008, 09:19 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Cheers vinko
It worked :-) Thanks again for your advice.

Carried it all out step by step and the O2 sim I had in there from another phone is all up and running. I've not made a call yet but it looks promising.

I've clicked on Cydia and it's asked me to do essential upgrades which I have chosen to do and it's certainly taking a long time. I assume this is normal?

Pd.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Apple symbol only (looping) on start up

Don't bother reading I found the answer above....

hey all,

This question is for anyone that had used ziphone to unlock their 1G iphone, then used the update and pwnage 2.1 to load the 2.0 software.

I do everything that was asked but now, all I get is the phone restarting and then the apple symbol (I unticked the pineapple) then in flashes off then restarts and continues to do this.

I even tried redoing all the steps in Pwnage, but I can no longer point to the bootloaders it just jumps to the step of where do you want the custom file stored. I have downloaded another version of 3.9 and 4.6 and was hoping to try it again. I have tried deleting the program (Pwnage) and re downloading it but to no avail. I just keep getting told where do I want to store the custom Bin's. Does anyone have a clue where pwnage stores the bin files so it does not ask you for them ever again. I have a family of 1G iphones and I need to update the lot...

Help

Last edited by flyingcarlo; 07-22-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Found the answer a few lines above..... sorry guys/gals
Old 07-22-2008, 09:44 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Send a message via AIM to weirdohenrico Send a message via Yahoo to weirdohenrico

i am still on 1.1.1 -- will pwnage still work? im excited please do let me know.