View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 01:42 PM
I Own This Place

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.4 | Unlocked
Operating System: OS X Leopard 10.5.2
Thanked 1,078 Times in 593 Posts
3G iPhone - June 9th

We've had rumors, rumors, and more rumors, but now "someone very, very close to the 3G iPhone launch" has confirmed the 3G iPhone will be released June 9th at the WWDC Keynote.

International users will have the phone within a few weeks of the US launch - not the previously rumored end of '08. Also notable, the iPhone will (at least in some countries) NOT be selling at a fixed price anymore, which means end users can get discounts based on signing contracts, adding data plans, etc. This is a good thing for those of you signing up with the Apple-sponsored carrier, but not so good news for us rebels (gotta have my T-Mo ). No word on how the Apple stores will be handling the fixed price vs subsidization pricing, but perhaps they'll have a set price, and AT&T will offer some sort of rebate with proof of activation. That is IF Apple carries the non-standard pricing to the States.

Those of wanting to jailbreak/unlock the 3G iPhone need not worry - it looks like the launch of it will coincide with the 2.0 firmware, which hints it will be running said firmware. And 2.0 is already jailbroken/unlocked. A 3G modem may necessitate a fix on the unlock to work, but shouldn't be a major hurdle. Mod on, good people.

via Gizmodo

sorry about previous thread deletion... pressed the wrong button. mirrormind KINDA beat me to it

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A B A [select] [start]
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to poetic_folly For This Useful Post:
bongo (05-21-2008), falconeyez (05-20-2008), javilo (05-23-2008), jingbronw (05-22-2008), kadinh (05-20-2008), kainisable (05-20-2008), Waturus (05-20-2008)