Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

A picture is worth a thousand words..some amazing pics[56k warning]

• 08-21-2008 | 01:05 PM
  • zainrizvi Posts: 9
    A collection of fascinating pictures that I have found on the internet, these pictures are the copyright of their respective owners. I didn't want to add any captions to these pictures to preserve the effect; these pictures speak for themselves.

12)
    Click the image to open in full size.
    11)
    10)
    9)
    8)
    7)
    6)
    5)
    4)
    3)
    2)
    1)
    What do you guys think? Feel free to ask if you don't understand the significance of any of these pictures. I'll create another compilation soon, so make sure you subscribe to the RSS feed. Please Digg if you like!
    Source: Insert Generic Name: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
    Some amazing pictures(hopefully this isnt considered spam since I posted the content)...BEFORE anyone asks, 3) is lightning+volcano . Honestly the first time I saw these pics, i was like daaaamn. I just wanted some of your intial reactions after looking at these pictures. It's funny though we look at some of these pics and are like "whooaa thats terrible" but 10 years people will look at us through events like Abu Gharaib and think the same thing..

Last edited by zainrizvi; 08-21-2008 at 03:13 PM.
  • 08-21-2008 | 01:16 PM
  • Zeal's Avatar Zeal Posts: 1,307
  • Theses pics are degrading and racist...

Why would you post them?..

Altho the Lighting and Volcano is cool
  • 08-21-2008 | 01:36 PM
  • ellicit Posts: 40
  • great pix
  • 08-21-2008 | 03:09 PM
  • nickmc01's Avatar nickmc01 Posts: 336
  • Nice pics
  • 08-22-2008 | 12:26 PM
  • emmtee Posts: 8
  • great pics!
  • 08-22-2008 | 12:50 PM
  • tyfly867 Posts: 254
  • when and where was #5 taken?
  • 08-24-2008 | 07:59 PM
  • zainrizvi Posts: 9
  • Quote de tyfly867
    when and where was #5 taken?
    during the Vietnam war
  • 08-24-2008 | 08:27 PM
  • Sullivan0930 Posts: 140
  • i like the change one. not a fan of the starving black kid ones.
  • 08-24-2008 | 08:52 PM
  • phoenix.stu Posts: 34
  • Quote de compton,Tx
    @ Zeal, We all know you are a forum idiot, who likes to have fun and be stupid. But seriously, after reading your reply. You are a ******* moron, and I really wish there where no asterisk in the eff word so you could get the full effect of where I am coming from. The pictures are history, they tell a story of something you probably will never understand. Take them for what they are, if they upset you, Yell. If they make you tear up, then cry. If they make you laugh, then do so. If they offend you, then don't look. They are out there to make you think and get some emotion, to understand what the whole world is going through. Not just some kid in Harlem. STOP PULLING THE RACIST CARD! That **** is played out.
    I was just coming down to comment on Zeal when I saw your comment.. You, compton,Tx, my friend could not of said it any better!! I applaud you.
  • 08-24-2008 | 09:10 PM
  • Real_Iphonecrazy Posts: 109
  • Nice post, good pics, they certainly do make you think just how lucky most of us are now a days!

And what a great place the Internet is.

The freedom that most of are so use to!

Nice post, good pics, they certainly do make you think just how lucky most of us are now a days!

And what a great place the Internet is.

The freedom that most of us are so use to!

Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 08-24-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 08-26-2008 | 02:58 AM
  • saifeeab's Avatar saifeeab Posts: 103
  • very nice pics. some were brutal and emotional. especially #9. but i didn't get #2???

i think zeal needs to understand that there is a big world outside the four walls of his home. a world that is still living in turmoil and uncertainty and where poverty defines their basic needs.
  • 08-26-2008 | 02:13 PM
  • one1's Avatar one1 Posts: 1,209
  • If picture is worth 1000 words can we turn in two pics for a final term paper in literature?
  • 08-26-2008 | 03:00 PM
  • Teh H4RrY's Avatar Teh H4RrY Posts: 112
  • Quote de compton,Tx
    @ Zeal, We all know you are a forum idiot, who likes to have fun and be stupid. But seriously, after reading your reply. You are a ******* moron, and I really wish there where no asterisk in the eff word so you could get the full effect of where I am coming from. The pictures are history, they tell a story of something you probably will never understand. Take them for what they are, if they upset you, Yell. If they make you tear up, then cry. If they make you laugh, then do so. If they offend you, then don't look. They are out there to make you think and get some emotion, to understand what the whole world is going through. Not just some kid in Harlem. STOP PULLING THE RACIST CARD! That **** is played out.
    I actually thanked you for that post. Seconded, Its not racism. In fact it is going against it
  • 08-26-2008 | 03:25 PM
  • 461am's Avatar 461am Posts: 251
  • Click the image to open in full size.
    My favorite, hands down.
  • 08-26-2008 | 03:35 PM
  • Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar Napoleon_PhoneApart Posts: 842
  • Quote de saifeeab
    very nice pics. some were brutal and emotional. especially #9. but i didn't get #2???

i think zeal needs to understand that there is a big world outside the four walls of his home. a world that is still living in turmoil and uncertainty and where poverty defines their basic needs.
    #2 might be a couple in an embrace during the eruption of Mount Vesuvius that destroyed Pompeii. I'm probably wrong, but that's what it reminds me of.

Quote de zainrizvi
    during the Vietnam war
    I believe that was a Buddhist monk that committed self-immolation in protest of the war...

I remember seeing it on the news soon after it happened.

Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 08-26-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Return to Top