Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Cydia Refreshes taking forever now

• 08-22-2008 | 10:29 PM
  • x999x's Avatar x999x Posts: 296
  • Starting yesterday several sources began to just time out for me, and even though I've removed as many sources as I could, Cydia is still timing out and just giving me a spinning wheel up in the status bar.

I haveto wait quite some time for the timeout so that it moves on to the next source, so just getting Cycorder has taken me about 30 minutes of watching the refresh D:

Anyone else having problems like this or have any suggestions on what to do?
  • 08-22-2008 | 10:37 PM
  • 808mp5's Avatar 808mp5 Posts: 199
  • yup... im experiencing the same problems here... cydia is even crahsing and causing my phone to lock up... hmmmm.... i wonder whats going on
  • 08-23-2008 | 01:51 AM
  • kcrmson Posts: 121
  • One or more of the sources seems to be down and it keeps trying to refresh it (POSIX timeout error). I noticed if I quit normally then go back in I can see updates then, if any have come up. But the refreshing still won't finish.
  • 08-23-2008 | 06:04 AM
  • francovilar Posts: 8
  • I'm trying to delete sources to see witch one is giving me trouble, but there are two (that I suspect are the faulty ones) that I can't delete. One is WeHo.ru that I installed from a package and I can't find that package to delete and the other one I added manually and in source editor it shows "installed by packages" and I'm sure I did it by hand! How can I delete this two sources?
    I have 3 Multimedia sections, two of them have the exact same packages...

edit:
    I can now confirm that, for me, was WeHo.ru installed as Nik's source. Removed and everything is ok now.

Last edited by francovilar; 08-23-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Return to Top