Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

quick questions about cydia

• 08-26-2008 | 02:11 PM
  • droop4 Posts: 13
  • how do you install it on 2.x?

i have an ipod on 1.1.4 and according to the Mod Posidon its definetely worth upgrading to 2.x so i can have both cydia and the appstore. I was on itunes yesterday and there is a new version 2.0.2 i think so if i upgrade it would upgrade to that? there's no way i cant upgrade to 2.0 or 2.0.1?
    Well i guess the point of all that jumbling is to ask: will cydia work on 2.0.2 and can i upgrade to 2.0 or 2.0.1 if it doesnt?
  • 08-26-2008 | 02:13 PM
  • Eurisko's Avatar Eurisko Posts: 2,729
  • Yes, Cydia works on 2.02. You need to use Pwnage to create a custom firmware which will include Cydia (and Installer if you want). Once you restore through iTunes to 2.02, Cydia will be placed on your phone automatically.
  • 08-26-2008 | 02:17 PM
  • Quote de Eurisko
    Yes, Cydia works on 2.02. You need to use Pwnage to create a custom firmware which will include Cydia (and Installer if you want). Once you restore through iTunes to 2.02, Cydia will be placed on your phone automatically.
    Sweet, thanks! I have to download pwnage to my comp right? Where can i get it?

is there new stuff in the new cydia? like updated versions of old apps and new apps

I already have cydia but i put it through Ziphone will it still upgrade automatically (you meant upgrade, not restore in the last sentece, right?)?
  • 08-26-2008 | 02:26 PM
  • Eurisko's Avatar Eurisko Posts: 2,729
  • Nope, I meant restore. You can download Pwnage from this site. Just click on the Home button to see the news. What Pwnage does is takes the regular firmware file and makes a new one out if it, jailbreaking/activating/unlocking (depending on phone) and placing Cydia as a default program. You then take that custom firmware file and use to it restore your phone via iTunes.

Place the phone in restore mode, and when iTunes says its found an iPhone that needs restoring, you Shift-click (PC) or Option-click (Mac) on the Restore button. Then browse to the custom firmware Pwnage just created and let iTunes do the rest.
  • 08-26-2008 | 02:35 PM
  • satch2501 Posts: 135
  • When upgrading from 1.1.4, you will need to put your phone in DFU mode first. Go to blog.iphone-dev.org and download the pwnage tool (mac) or the winpwn (pc) and follow the steps. You will need a valid 2.0 or 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 ipsw file, the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files (for bootneuter) and you will be able to upgrade. Once again, look on the website provided above to get all of your files. It would be good when you are posting to let us know if you are using a pc or mac, your baseband, and your objective.
  • 08-26-2008 | 04:03 PM
  • Quote de Eurisko
    Nope, I meant restore. You can download Pwnage from this site. Just click on the Home button to see the news. What Pwnage does is takes the regular firmware file and makes a new one out if it, jailbreaking/activating/unlocking (depending on phone) and placing Cydia as a default program. You then take that custom firmware file and use to it restore your phone via iTunes.

Place the phone in restore mode, and when iTunes says its found an iPhone that needs restoring, you Shift-click (PC) or Option-click (Mac) on the Restore button. Then browse to the custom firmware Pwnage just created and let iTunes do the rest.
    all the pwnage instructions apply to itouches too, right? the 1st gen iphone to install pwnage right? oh and im using the pwnage 2.0 guide is there a 2.0.2 guide? or anything i need to do differently?

sorry about all those questions but thanks so much for your help!

Quote de satch2501
    When upgrading from 1.1.4, you will need to put your phone in DFU mode first. Go to blog.iphone-dev.org and download the pwnage tool (mac) or the winpwn (pc) and follow the steps. You will need a valid 2.0 or 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 ipsw file, the 3.9 and 4.6 bin files (for bootneuter) and you will be able to upgrade. Once again, look on the website provided above to get all of your files. It would be good when you are posting to let us know if you are using a pc or mac, your baseband, and your objective.
    Ok sorry about that I am using a PC with an itouch ver 1.1.4. baseband? objective: well i just want to have the appstore AND cyida/installer to download apps

Last edited by droop4; 08-26-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Return to Top