Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Problem most bizarre

• Yesterday | 07:15 PM
  • Eurisko's Avatar Eurisko Posts: 2,768
  • Ok, this just started today and I must admit I'm at a loss for the first time. My JB 2.0.2 phone has been working great, this morning I noticed the majority of my Appstore Apps had stopped working. They start and crash back to the springboard. I thought ok, somethings amiss so I'll just listen to some music until I get home to fix. I run iPod and I get "No Content". No music, no videos, no nothing. Yet when I plug the iPhone into iTunes, everything shows as being there (ie: I don't have a whole partition of "other").

So I restored, reloaded everything, 4 hours later, same exact thing. Programs don't run, no content on iPod. Anyone ever come across this?
  • Yesterday | 08:33 PM
  • one1's Avatar one1 Posts: 1,360
  • Apple is apparently testing their 2.0 kill switch and checking the forums to see who makes threads.

(seriously here)
  • Yesterday | 08:47 PM
  • uhuh.

Anyone with something useful to suggest?
  • Yesterday | 09:01 PM
  • one1's Avatar one1 Posts: 1,360
  • Laugh now....... A lot of apps are doing this across the web.
  • Yesterday | 09:17 PM
  • I'm not laughing, I'm simply dismissing a ludicrous statement. Please don't respond in this thread again, I'd like some real assistance.
  • Yesterday | 09:39 PM
  • DoerrFan's Avatar DoerrFan Posts: 1,820
  • Try setting up as new phone instead of restoring from backup if you have not already.
  • Today | 02:58 AM
  • Grassmasta Posts: 37
  • I just got done dealing with this same experience. After searching I found that some people were fixing their crashing apps this way:

1) in iTunes, deauthorize your computer.

2) sync phone (it should delete your apps)

3) reauthorize your computer.

4) sync again.

I have no clue wtf apple did, but I feel violated! At least my music/ apps are working again. Hope I helped.
  • Today | 03:27 AM
  • heath_rox's Avatar heath_rox Posts: 800
  • Quote de DoerrFan
    Try setting up as new phone instead of restoring from backup if you have not already.
    that's what i would have said
  • Today | 03:49 AM
  • luiz's Avatar luiz Posts: 745
  • Quote de Eurisko
    Ok, this just started today and I must admit I'm at a loss for the first time. My JB 2.0.2 phone has been working great, this morning I noticed the majority of my Appstore Apps had stopped working. They start and crash back to the springboard. I thought ok, somethings amiss so I'll just listen to some music until I get home to fix. I run iPod and I get "No Content". No music, no videos, no nothing. Yet when I plug the iPhone into iTunes, everything shows as being there (ie: I don't have a whole partition of "other").

So I restored, reloaded everything, 4 hours later, same exact thing. Programs don't run, no content on iPod. Anyone ever come across this?
    i had that on 2.0.1... same exact thing. so i used that opportunity to upgrade to 2.0.2, and all is good... :/
  • Today | 06:37 AM
  • Quote de heath_rox
    that's what i would have said
    I actually didn't do a restore from backup. But Grassmasta's suggestion did the trick. Thanks to all legit suggestions.
  • Today | 06:57 AM
  • Huy227 Posts: 2
  • Quote de Grassmasta
    I just got done dealing with this same experience. After searching I found that some people were fixing their crashing apps this way:

1) in iTunes, deauthorize your computer.

2) sync phone (it should delete your apps)

3) reauthorize your computer.

4) sync again.

I have no clue wtf apple did, but I feel violated! At least my music/ apps are working again. Hope I helped.
    Didn't work for me. What do you mean with "deauthorize your computer" and "reauthorize"? I can't delete my apps via iTunes ...

Greetz
  • Today | 07:51 AM
  • Goto iTunes and from the menu select Store -> Deauthorize Computer
Return to Top