Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

2.0 firware restore problem

• 08-21-2008 | 08:53 AM
  • Pseudo-Ops Posts: 5
  • Here's my situation.

I had upgraded my phone by using the first winpwn that could upgrade my 1st gen iphone to 2.0 and had been using it for some time quite well until there were a few glitches and I thought I just needed to reset the content via General - Settings - Reset - Content Remove.

The silver apple logo came up and took quite a while with the bar at the bottom to complete. After restarting the boot logo comes up and the busy logo comes up and then after a few minuets the whole thing freezes.

When I connect my I-Phone to my PC I-tunes recognizes it's an I-phone but no serial no. or firmware info available. Like it doesn’t know what firmware is on the phone. I-Tunes also offers a Restore but it’s a restore and upgrade function which will be the official apple firmware which will be no good to me.

I have created a new custom ipsw via winpwn again still using 2.0 and pwnd itunes. I put the phone in DFU mode (yes its definitely in DFU Mode) and all goes fine until it's "preparing the iphone software" And usually comes back with an error 6.

I have also tried the guide to go from 2.0 to 1.4 downgrade and this didn’t work either. Now it seems that the phone is always in a restore mode.

I have also tried changing the partition size and this doesn’t change anything either.

Is there anyway around this ?
    Do I have to upgrade using a 2.1 firmware.

Any advice appreciated.

How about this for a solution ?

Connect Iphone to Itunes
    Restore - Update to 2.0.1
    Take the Ipsw from itunes directory and use with Winpwn
    Create custom firmware
    Ipwn Itunes
    Iphone in DFU Mode
    Shift+Restore in itunes using the new custom Firmware .

Last edited by Pseudo-Ops; 08-21-2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Return to Top