Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Cannot downgrade to 1.1.4

• 08-21-2008 | 10:44 PM
  • ArkAngel06 Posts: 2
  • I have been stuck for about 4 hours now....I was originally on a jailbroke/unlocked 1g iPhone with firmware 1.1.3...I upgraded to 2.0.1 with winpwn just to try it out and decided since pretty much all of my favorite programs don't work on it, I would go ahead and go to 1.1.4, which is what I wanted anyways.

Somehow I got stuck in Recovery Mode. I tried iBrickr, and Ziphone to kick it out of recovery mode, and neither of those apps could find the iPhone, even tho iTunes has NO problem seeing it.

So I decided I would start from scratch and just do an official install of the 2.0.1 firmware so that I could atleast boot it up and get it into DTU mode...But thats not working either, because it wont boot as it has an invalid sim card.

So basically my problem is getting it into DTU mode...I dont see anyway to possibly to do it. I really have no idea what to do, does anyone know how to fix this?

Im using windows.
  • 08-21-2008 | 11:16 PM
  • Safari Posts: 263
  • DFU, not DTU

But first off, you needed to have iTunes 7.7 for an official upgrade to 2.0. And after if you still wanted to go back to 1.1.x, ya needed to downgrade iTunes back to 7.6.x, manually put it in DFU, and then iTunes should recognize it.
  • 08-21-2008 | 11:23 PM
  • billj63 Posts: 20
  • Quote de Safari
    DFU, not DTU

But first off, you needed to have iTunes 7.7 for an official upgrade to 2.0. And after if you still wanted to go back to 1.1.x, ya needed to downgrade iTunes back to 7.6.x, manually put it in DFU, and then iTunes should recognize it.
    Hey,

Just wanted to add this...

You can manually enter using the 10 second rule (Hold the power & home buttons down for 10 seconds, then let go of the power button and wait for itunes to detect the iphone) or unplug the iphone, turn it off, then while off, hold then home button while plugging it into the computer again. keep the home button held till itunes recognizes it.

.... yeah... just wanted to add that
  • 08-22-2008 | 12:08 AM
  • ArkAngel06 Posts: 2
  • Got it, thanks.
Return to Top