Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Fried Ipod in the sun, works after sticking in the freezer

• Today | 01:46 AM
  • IronRangeRaver Posts: 7
  • I was talking to a friend who ran this by me and after laughing for a while then scratching my head I had no reply for. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this. He left his ipod sitting on the dash of his car in the sun. When he grabbed it, it was so hot it burned his hand. He couldn't get it to work so when he got home he threw it in the freezer to cool it off. For some dumb reason when he pulled it out after bout 45mins it started to work. He can only get it to run for 2 hours and it shows the albums and as playing but he gets no sound. He talked to someone at an apple store and they told him that it's the headphone jack. He got a new jack and that did not make a difference. The only way he can get it to work now is to stick it in the freezer and then when he takes it out he gets a max of 2 hours, but most of the time less for it to be powered on. I told him to throw it out and buy a new one. I was just wondering if I could get peoples opinions on it or ideas to maybe fix it. Clearly something got fried somewhere but why would sticking it in a freezer make a difference? This is not a joke. Ive seen how it only works after sticking it in the freezer.
  • Today | 02:43 AM
  • heath_rox's Avatar heath_rox Posts: 800
  • you stuffed up the battery
    by freezing it
  • Today | 08:21 AM
  • wearmaize's Avatar wearmaize Posts: 284
  • Freezing it was not a good idea. He should have let it cool down by itself.
  • Today | 12:49 PM
  • bteamer's Avatar bteamer Posts: 64
  • I agree with heath. Try to get a new battery. Try a restore, then once its back to normal (or however normal it gets) then take it to the apple store and use your warranty if you got it recently. lol pretty hilarious though.
  • Today | 02:12 PM
  • cpjr's Avatar cpjr Posts: 1,119
  • ^^warranty
  • Today | 03:09 PM
  • DoerrFan's Avatar DoerrFan Posts: 1,820
  • Warranty.
    Freezing after it being very hot can damage it. To quick a change in temp in to little time.
Return to Top