Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Cycorder application cant be renamed?

• Today | 12:28 AM
  • klepp1214 Posts: 16
  • So im a self confessed OCD - Anal freak about being neat, tidy, etc. This carries from my work life, home, and over onto my iPhone. I have renamed apps with silly names such as gpsphone and temper4iphone to things like GameboyAdvance and TurboGrafx16, I recently scooped up cycorder which rocks and is beyond useful especially in my line of work...
    however I cannot seem to rename it via the same method i have used for every other app I ahve ever renamed.

Is this a bug, or something intentional? perhaps something ive overlooked?

I have simply been using winSCP to navigate to the applications folder and rightclick-renaming it to whateveriwant.app the reloading springboard. However after doing so it still says cycorder so im unsure of what I'm doing wrong.

I did have it work for me at one point, I renamed it to video, and ended up changing my theme as well, which coincidentally changed the icon, and renamed it to what I had it named (video). However upon updating it in cydia to the newest version, it reverted itself and now I cant get it to change no matter what I do. (uninstall,reinstall,rename,etc)

any help? <3
  • Today | 06:53 AM
  • falcon212 Posts: 41
  • use the apps from Cydia called "Rename" and i'm able to rename Cycoder to "Video Rec."

case solved
  • Today | 04:41 PM
  • yea I realized that as an option, however being as I'm an OCD bastard... adding another app just to rename 1 app, when the rest are renamable in winscp seems un appealing.

any other options or is that it? its somehow hardcoded to not be changeable for some unknown reason?
  • Today | 04:46 PM
  • M4tt Dam0n Posts: 18
  • Quote de klepp1214
    yea I realized that as an option, however being as I'm an OCD bastard... adding another app just to rename 1 app, when the rest are renamable in winscp seems un appealing.

any other options or is that it? its somehow hardcoded to not be changeable for some unknown reason?
    Use Poof to hide the extra application and poof aswell :P
  • Today | 05:04 PM
  • lol touche!
Return to Top