Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

[RELEASE] WbApp v0.63 w/WbWeatherWidget

• Yesterday | 09:38 PM
  • CyberGreg Posts: 1,036
  • [RELEASE] WbApp v0.63, now with WbWeatherWidget (and Themesets).

First, sorry about the other so called "releases", MMi was ready it was on my end. Hopefully this release will make up for it.

WbWeatherWidget allows you to configure that cool new Weather Widget without getting your fingertips all "ucky" with SSH, html and javascript code...

I take NO CREDIT for the Weather app, just that it is now hopefully usable by us mere mortals... I'll link to the thread in a sec but suffice it to say the weather widget uses WinterBoard's html wallpaper functionality and will display the weather info you configure. There are a ton of options and manually configuring some text is only fun for so long... You can't load any other html wallpaper when using WbWeatherWidget theme however as shown in the other thread it's fairly easy to combine two into one. In fact WbWeatherWidget goes one better and provides the necessary templates (see the "Files 4 HTML Themes" folder inside the theme folder). Suffice it to say you can link your other html wallpapers to all use the same (WbWeatherWidget) code so when you update your weather settings they will take effect in all your themes, if you so choose. You'll have to do the setup yourself but once configured it works great!

Themesets allow you to save your active WinterBoard configuration as a "set". This set can then be loaded at the touch of a button anytime you want. Themesets can even be created by using the WinterBoard app to bypass the limitation of nine active theme settings currently in WbApp. The themeset will save all "active" settings displayed in WbApp. You can also delete a themeset. This DOES NOT delete ANY themes, merely the listing in the themeset file.

Oh yeah added a "Prefs II" panel for those that want or need more that 9 themes, this adds 8 more for a total of 17.

Note: If your active themes list two of the same theme as I have shown in the screenshots it means you have a duplicate theme name, most likely in the SummerBoard themes location. This theme WILL NEVER load and you might as well remove it.

Note 2: Themesets WILL NOT save you WbWeather settings, only the name of the theme you load.

Screenshots:

WbApp:

Info panel:

Patch Panel:

Prefs panel:

Prefs II panel:

Preview panel:

Themeset panel:

WbWeatherWidget panel:

Released soon on Cydia

Change log:
    Note: if the version is not listed it was not released.

v0.63
    Revised code to auto-update if using any older version of the prefs file. Tweaked and added several more style sheets to the WbWeatherWidget theme (24 total). Added a Transparent StatusBar theme to use along with the weather widget.

v0.61
    Added WbWeatherWidget theme and configuration panel. This allows complete configuration of the html weather widget that can be used with WinterBoard. I noticed there was much frustration on the MMi forum and thought that WbApp was the perfect vehicle to provide an end-user tool to properly code the text files. I take NO CREDIT for this cool weather widget, just in providing hopefully an easy to use way for anyone to utilize this functionality.

v0.59
    Code clean-up and grammatical corrections. Built and tested for release. Revised defaults; replaced Saurik with Transparent Dock which is in WinterBoard. revised the "+Patch" info panel to reduce confusion on this feature. Revised and updated WbApp info panels.
    Please note: If you see TWO themes of the same name listed under the "Active" type, this is an indication that you have duplicate themes, most likely one is a WinterBoard theme and one is a SummerBoard theme. The duplicate (SummerBoard) theme will never load and you should remove it as it's just taking up space :-)

v0.57
    Added ThemeSets; themesets allow you to save your active WinterBoard configuration as a "set". This set can then be loaded at the touch of a button anytime you want. Themesets can even be created by using the WinterBoard app to bypass the limitation of nine active theme settings currently in WbApp. The themeset will save all "active" settings displayed in WbApp. I have also added the ability to delete a themeset. This DOES NOT delete ANY themes, merely the listing in the themeset file. This required a revision of the "Info: Prefs" panel, the prefs file and functionality to allow the user to turn off this new feature.

Last edited by CyberGreg; Yesterday at 09:41 PM.
  • Yesterday | 09:47 PM
  • tommy0486 Posts: 47
  • Looks awesome, nice work.
  • Yesterday | 11:14 PM
  • mikeagby Posts: 15
  • is there a way to add 2 weather widgets with different cities? cuz i tried and it only shows one of them. depending which one is higher on the Winterboard list will show up.
  • Today | 06:14 AM
  • Quote de mikeagby
    is there a way to add 2 weather widgets with different cities? cuz i tried and it only shows one of them. depending which one is higher on the Winterboard list will show up.
    NO, not in its current form. Could someone re-write all the javascript to allow two cities? Perhaps but not me.
  • Today | 06:30 AM
  • netuser's Avatar netuser Posts: 214
  • Thanks so much CyberGreg your app is becoming awesome

Thanksssssssssssssssssss

For multilpe city it is only posible if you do manually, you have to create one theme with several subtheme. Then duplicate the weather theme (ut only one should be named wallpaper.html) other should be name differently. But that part is for manual so nothing to do with WbApp topic :P

CyberGreg will you add in next version Analog Clock please ? And weather on Top bar ? Also will be nice if you can add an option to let us choose where to place widget, hide show description, etc...
  • Today | 08:42 AM
  • prince-omar Posts: 3
  • so is it out on cydia yet?
  • Today | 09:14 AM
  • netuser's Avatar netuser Posts: 214
  • i dont see it yet refreshing like mad since this morning lolzzzz
  • Today | 09:18 AM
  • Quote de netuser
    Thanks so much CyberGreg your app is becoming awesome

Thanksssssssssssssssssss

For multilpe city it is only posible if you do manually, you have to create one theme with several subtheme. Then duplicate the weather theme (ut only one should be named wallpaper.html) other should be name differently. But that part is for manual so nothing to do with WbApp topic :P

CyberGreg will you add in next version Analog Clock please ? And weather on Top bar ? Also will be nice if you can add an option to let us choose where to place widget, hide show description, etc...
    Once you see the app you'll see that the location and type of display is all determined by the css stylesheets, for both the LOCK screen and the Wallpaper (HOME screen). These are both selectable (really crappy form layout I know but I wanted it all on one panel, sorry) and you can add your own css stylesheets to the themes Stylesheets (/Library/Themes/WbWeatherWidget.theme/Private/Stylesheets) folder and they will show up in the selector (3rd image in the WbWeather set). There are several Statusbar type css stylesheets already included in the app.

Regarding the clock, if that is accomplished by a css stylesheet, see above If you have to update the javascript files then I'm not sure we'll be messing with them with WbApp. Let me know "how" to add the clock. I've noticed on a few occaisions that html wallpapers can really slow down your device so I think less is more...

Edit: I was actually thinking about two cities and the easiest way is to make two different configureMe.js files and set the Lockbackground.html file to use the second one (like configureMe2.js). Obviously they would not be displayed together but when you go to unlock it "should" list the one from configureMe2.js and then once on the homescreen it "should" display the one from configureMe.js.

Of course this is from an html/js moron that can't even get the weather to work (edit: work correctly that is, I can get the weather to be displayed but as with Time of Day, it doesn't update the wallpaper) with ANY of the other html WinterBoard wallpapers.
    Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by CyberGreg; Today at 10:13 AM. Reason: added image
  • Today | 09:35 AM
  • Gom33 Posts: 132
  • how do we download and install this? lol... i have been looking throughout this thread and do not see a download, hehe...

thanks in advance.
  • Today | 10:12 AM
  • Quote de Gom33
    how do we download and install this? lol... i have been looking throughout this thread and do not see a download, hehe...

thanks in advance.
    Will be available on Cydia soon...
  • Today | 10:26 AM
  • Gom33 Posts: 132
  • man I CAN'T WAIT! lol...
  • Today | 01:07 PM
  • mikeymcco Posts: 8
  • Up Now!!!!
Return to Top