Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

The World's first video Ringtones software for iPhone -- VideosTone

• 07-02-2008 | 11:55 AM
  • reznor9 Posts: 91
  • Since a lot of people are complaining that you cant silence the ringtone, I found a little simple workaround that you can do in the meantime(nothing special, but simple)... is while the phone is in sleep mode, double click the home button.. it will bring up the ipod media player buttons(play, pause, last & next track) now slide the volume all the way to the left and now the ringer is silent and the phone will just vibrate... to reverse it do the same thing but of course move the slider all the way to the right.

I found out through a minute of trial and error that it used the volume from the media player and not the ringer, so this is what I feel is the easiest way to put your ringer on silent until they patch it up.
  • 07-02-2008 | 12:12 PM
  • huneebun Posts: 3
  • what folder do i put my custom video in? i cannot find the answer to my ? anywhere.
  • 07-02-2008 | 12:28 PM
  • ericmac017 Posts: 49
  • Quote de huneebun
    what folder do i put my custom video in? i cannot find the answer to my ? anywhere.
    well by reading through this thread, you woulda seen it was posted at least 3+ times..

Videos (.mp4, .m4v):

var/mobile/Media/VideoTone/Video

Ringtones (.aif):

var/mobile/Media/VideoTone/Ring
  • 07-02-2008 | 12:29 PM
  • mwr_allen's Avatar mwr_allen Posts: 54
  • var/mobile/media/videotone/video

hit thanks
  • 07-02-2008 | 12:30 PM
  • reading through 10 pages can be frustrating. but thanks a lot for the help so quickly, i really appreciate it a lot.
  • 07-02-2008 | 12:30 PM
  • fearlessx Posts: 65
  • guys i have a problem, i could download the app but once it starts to install it automatically bring me back to my regular home screen why???
  • 07-02-2008 | 12:37 PM
  • hold the home button for seven second then itll take you to the homescreen, then try it again.

or restart your phone.

that usually solves it for me.
  • 07-02-2008 | 12:40 PM
  • ericmac017 Posts: 49
  • Quote de fearlessx
    guys i have a problem, i could download the app but once it starts to install it automatically bring me back to my regular home screen why???
    plz be more specific.. did u install Dynamic Module Loader from iFonTec source? did u clear your update list? did u try restarting the phone? did you install the VT Update Pack before you tried installing VideoTone?
  • 07-02-2008 | 12:44 PM
  • feiinhawaii Posts: 19
  • Quote de reznor9
    Since a lot of people are complaining that you cant silence the ringtone, I found a little simple workaround that you can do in the meantime(nothing special, but simple)... is while the phone is in sleep mode, double click the home button.. it will bring up the ipod media player buttons(play, pause, last & next track) now slide the volume all the way to the left and now the ringer is silent and the phone will just vibrate... to reverse it do the same thing but of course move the slider all the way to the right.

I found out through a minute of trial and error that it used the volume from the media player and not the ringer, so this is what I feel is the easiest way to put your ringer on silent until they patch it up.
    THANK YOU so much for the tips!!!!!
    Mahalos
  • 07-02-2008 | 01:21 PM
  • laz305 Posts: 410
  • update to 1.1 and the mute problem is fixed
  • 07-02-2008 | 01:32 PM
  • SBik2 Posts: 10
  • Quote de laz305
    update to 1.1 and the mute problem is fixed
    ive updated and still cant get the mute when silent is on
  • 07-02-2008 | 02:06 PM
  • Larizzle Posts: 3
  • Ok, so used the amerisoft (registered) which is what ifonetec reccomends. Edited a full length music video to 30 seconds, cropped and even put in mp4 following instructions to the T. But when i select the video and go back, it unselects and goes back to the default movie?????? Permissions are set, is it the siz (MB) of the file that i have worng...........anyone......please......
  • 07-02-2008 | 03:18 PM
  • mwr_allen's Avatar mwr_allen Posts: 54
  • I found that windows standard movie maker works just fine for editing the movies that you want to use for a video tone.

Just open movie maker,set the bottom drop down menu to timeline mode, drag a movie file into the timeline, move the green line on the left of the timeline to where you want your clip to begin and then set an end to the clip and right click on the parts that are either side of the selection and remove the parts you dont want, on the left of the screen where it says "publish to" click on "my computer" and then select the minimum file size and select a folder to save to and then save the file.

Once that's done open Xilisoft iPhone video converter to convert the file to .m4v format and transfer to your iphone with winscp.

I just put the clip of the drill sergeant from full metal jack on there when he completely loses it at the beginning of the film, great!!.

Hope this helps others and if I missed anything out then feel free to correct.
  • 07-02-2008 | 03:21 PM
  • Alecia Posts: 12
  • from your iphone, go to settings/sounds/ and turn vibrate off

Anyone know how to edit the video for videotone??? I'd like it to start and stop at a certain point...

Last edited by Alecia; 07-02-2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 07-02-2008 | 03:25 PM
  • laz305 Posts: 410
  • yo if you don't mind can you plz ul and share the links with the programs you are using that you mentioned? I would be grateful. And plz post that full metal jacket vtone.

Last edited by laz305; 07-02-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Return to Top