Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Agile Mobile launches All in One Messenger Client, MultiPlayer War Game

• 07-01-2008 | 10:12 AM
  • poetic_folly's Avatar poetic_folly Posts: 7,424

• Agilemobile.com Ltd., a software development company with its primary focus on development of software for mobile phones and handheld computers, today announced the release of Agile Messenger and Agile Forces for the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and the new iPhone 3G.

Agile Messenger is a multi-protocol instant messaging client for mobile phones and provides a seamless connection to the public instant messaging networks of ICQ, AOL, Yahoo!, MSN, Google Talk and XMPP. Features include Agilemobile.com's multi-media messaging technology which enables users to send instant image, video, and voice messages from mobile to mobile and mobile to PC. In addition to the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch platform, Agile Messenger is already available for Windows Mobile, Symbian Series 60, 80, 90 and Symbian UIQ.

Agile Forces is truly a next generation mobile game and a great example of what the future of mobile multi player gaming is going to look like. Agile Forces is an online multi-player war strategy game. Players are able to challenge other players from all over the world through Agilemobile.com's matchmaking server or play in single player mode. This game features complex war strategy scenarios in both single player and multi-player mode, stunning graphics and over 100 challenging levels to keep the player occupied for months.

Free beta versions of Agile Messenger and Agile Forces for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch can both be found on the ModMyiFone.com Installer and Cydia Community Sources.

"We are extremely excited about Apple's new iPhone and iPod Touch devices, and are fully committed to developing new software products for this platform," said Timon Haringa, co-founder and Technical Director of Agilemobile.com Ltd. "Agile Messenger enables people on the go to stay in contact with co-workers, family and friends, anywhere, anytime and any place. Thanks to Apple's advanced new devices our customer's user experience is becoming more intuitive and rewarding than ever."

Other Agilemobile.com instant messaging products include AgileLCS, a mobile enterprise instant messaging client for MS Office Communication Server and AgileIMPS, a Wireless Village client supporting the OMA IMPS standard.

Agile Mobile - MSN, ICQ, AOL, AIM, XMPP, IMPS, Google Talk & Yahoo! Messenger for your mobile phone
  • 07-01-2008 | 10:23 AM
  • smokin Posts: 36
  • tht's awesome but sad i don't hav iphone to play on !!! waiting fr 3g release !!

me first one superbbb
  • 07-01-2008 | 10:25 AM
  • smackjack Posts: 214
  • looks nice! downloading it now.
  • 07-01-2008 | 10:36 AM
  • tc91 Posts: 19
  • maybe the messenger will actually work!!

downloading... (seems to be taking forever..)

EDIT: Okay, so I logged onto AIM. Buddy list loaded pretty fast, but when I click on a name to IM them, it crashes to home screen.

Of course it doesnt work.. lol

Last edited by tc91; 07-01-2008 at 10:46 AM.
  • 07-01-2008 | 10:49 AM
  • micromarty Posts: 20
  • It is by far the best IM client for the iPhone yet...it actually stays signed on and connected when you lock your phone...at least in my experience so far.
  • 07-01-2008 | 10:59 AM
  • toyvan's Avatar toyvan Posts: 153
  • When will the 'video' and 'voice' options be added to iPhone? Great app!!!
  • 07-01-2008 | 11:09 AM
  • Tomer Posts: 538
  • it crashes as soon as i try to put login id (when the keyboard comes up)
    and its weird cuz it also crashes as soon as i open mobilechat even though it worked before
  • 07-01-2008 | 11:32 AM
  • drhundley Posts: 28
  • works great for me. used it when I had my PPC.. and it works even better on the iphone. havent had any crashes. if you havent make sure you reboot after installing. hold both the top and the home key until it comes back to the apple log. unplugged of course
  • 07-01-2008 | 11:52 AM
  • nodrog321 Posts: 6
  • works great for me too! no disconnects. even when locked.
    but no landscape keyboard??

well the no disconnect thing killed my battery in one night lol. from 12am to 9am. my iphone turned off.
  • 07-01-2008 | 12:14 PM
  • reallynotnick Posts: 21
  • Forces is pretty sweet, but definitely is a work in progress/limited demo. Would love to see some LAN play on this game and a map editor. Heck I just want advanced wars on my iPhone, but if they keep up the quality I saw in the demo this will be amazing.
  • 07-01-2008 | 12:41 PM
  • dcbriggs Posts: 6
  • anyone else getting some pretty rediculous download times? 10min and still not done.... on wifi too

edit: After about 20 min of my phone sitting on my desk at work and agile not finishing i interupted the download and used cydia instead. finished within 15 seconds. recomending downloading with cydia instead... just trying to help!

Last edited by dcbriggs; 07-01-2008 at 01:06 PM.
  • 07-01-2008 | 12:59 PM
  • sarunas4 Posts: 48
  • works nice but only on wifi... on egde it wont connect.... maybe it has something to do with me using T-Zones?
  • 07-01-2008 | 02:07 PM
  • TriniBoi Posts: 6
  • awesome app. i have been waiting for something like this....fyi no crashes on my end
  • 07-01-2008 | 02:23 PM
  • Brownie2k Posts: 69
  • Works Great! Nice to actually have a working IM on 1.1.4! The others wouldnt work!
  • 07-01-2008 | 02:32 PM
  • Dash-2's Avatar Dash-2 Posts: 1,976
  • AM works amazingly.
    I am utterly impressed with how professional this is!
Return to Top