Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

3G iPhone Review - Full and Detailed

• 07-14-2008 | 06:02 AM
  • macky801 Posts: 176
  • PF - that really was the best review i have read or watched yet.

however, did you mean to say "Save Image or Open Link" instead of "Save Image of Open Link" ?
  • 07-14-2008 | 06:17 AM
  • Je5 Posts: 10
  • He most likely meant save image or open link
  • 07-14-2008 | 06:24 AM
  • InspectorGadget171175 Posts: 31
  • Nice review, but what's with AppStore? Why are the applications/games different depending on location?

In the UK, there is no "eBay" application, ok if it doesn't work in another country, then we can hope for a UK version, but "scrabble"??? I just thought I'd check for Scrabble being as I saw in in your screenshot PF, was that from AppStore, and WTF is it not available in the UK?? It's not as if the word dictionary is in a different language?

YellowPages is available in the UK, but it only contains U.S data. What's the point of that??

The Irish AppStore has f*** all games and applications.

Jobs advertises these Apps then they're only available in certain countries.
    Ok, apple.com shows the following clause:

"Some applications are not available in all areas. Application availability and pricing are subject to change."
    but the UK version of the Apple Web Site is advertising "Ebay" as a Top App in iTunes: http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/

You have to admit, the AppStore is definitely biassed toward the U.S, even though the launch of the 3G iphone was to 22 countries.

Last edited by InspectorGadget171175; 07-14-2008 at 06:53 AM.
  • 07-14-2008 | 06:35 AM
  • coreym@cfl.rr.com Posts: 530
  • Great review, THank you. Oh OK I guess I will go get one now!
  • 07-14-2008 | 06:54 AM
  • pingwhen Posts: 714
  • wooooot i got a white one 2!!!!! whites the way to go. i love my phone so far even without a jailbreak. hopefully the jailbreak will come out, before the new wears off. but anyways. the new phone is amazing in your hand it feels better both vertically and horizontally. its the same iphone as before, but a little newier and much improved. love this phone. but the battery to me is HORRIBLE i cant get it to last all day like the iphone classic (ha). im lucky to not be past half way by 2 oclock
  • 07-14-2008 | 07:02 AM
  • man2rhyme Posts: 7
  • wow..thats a terrific introduction to the 3G iPhone...
  • 07-14-2008 | 07:22 AM
  • tyfly867 Posts: 257
  • I love the idea of built screen shot! i was wondering how you got those crystal clear screenshots without a 3rd party app.
  • 07-14-2008 | 07:38 AM
  • Dman51 Posts: 22
  • Hey how did u do the screen shot? and thanks btw for the safari tip!!

Hey man im 15 also and I only pay 30 bucks a month since my family has att. If u got a steady job thats all I pay a month which isnt terrible for unlimited data.

Last edited by Dman51; 07-14-2008 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 07-14-2008 | 07:41 AM
  • Colorado Steve's Avatar Colorado Steve Posts: 98
  • @ PF

White-on (like right on)

I choose the white model too.

Makes me feel like Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti.
    Click the image to open in full size.

Is that a 3G next to your grenades???
  • 07-14-2008 | 07:44 AM
  • reeko's Avatar reeko Posts: 526
  • i've got a 16GB black 3G.

this is the best review on the net to date.

everything a real iphone owner needs to know, laid out clear and simple.

congrats PF.

Last edited by reeko; 07-14-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: i spell like a knob
  • 07-14-2008 | 08:00 AM
  • tanjasiri Posts: 6
  • Thanks PF for your review. I am personally waiting for the 3G to get unlocked and don't know how much I will have to pay for the phone but maybe worth not having to sign up with AT&T. Hate the handcuffs. For now, just waiting to get the 2.0 unlocked and use the functionality if the software. If I don't see the 3g speed maybe I won't notice that mine is so slow.
    MMI great site & service for our community.
  • 07-14-2008 | 08:00 AM
  • Rosbaughcr Posts: 175
  • Quote de zkyevolved
    So! Poetic, honestly, is it worth it to sell off the original iphone and buy a new one (when it gets unlocked) just because of the quality of the hardware? (I'm not big on 3g browsing). But audio quality for me sometimes is really noticeable if the other person doesn't have a good quality phone.I find myself asking them to repeat like 3 times what they had previously said. Other times I can hear perfectly. Is the new iphone 3g worth the upgrade for phone quality? Thanks

My 8gb gen1 iPhone sold on ebay for $314 on July 10th... the new 16gb only costs $300 with a new or extended contract.
  • 07-14-2008 | 08:08 AM
  • CademiaX Posts: 59
  • Oh yay! yet another review telling us all the details we have known since, well, like over a month ago... go you!
  • 07-14-2008 | 08:20 AM
  • tntmorgan Posts: 68
  • nice job. good feedback.

is the gps accuracy quantified? I was kind of interested in using the iPhone as a way to geocaching, but that definitely requires the well established 3m (~10 ft) accuracy of most standard GPS units. If it's not apparent in the maps program, what about the possibility of software utilizing it?
  • 07-14-2008 | 08:39 AM
  • xj.archaeologist Posts: 27
  • Oh how I would buy it if I hadn't got my first iPhone 2 weeks ago...I'd love the GPS. 3G isn't a biggie since I put it on T-Mobile anyways...Any changes in Bluetooth functionality? Anymore profiles?
Return to Top