Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

First Video Jailbroken 3g

• 07-15-2008 | 11:04 AM
  • cash7c3's Avatar cash7c3 Posts: 2,593
  • So for everyone who's doubting the devs autheticity they have released a video of the first jailbroken 3g iPhone.

World's 1st Jailbroken 3G Phone on Vimeo

They have also improved upon device selection in the meantime.

When will it be released? Sometime soon

via iphone-dev

thanks colin, emil, herminio and everyone else who sent this in
Attached Thumbnails

• 07-15-2008 | 11:07 AM
  • robgomz Posts: 21
  • Come on its noon! i want it, but it's good to know that it will be released soon. (Bug free)
  • 07-15-2008 | 11:07 AM
  • ian_frs Posts: 74
  • I can't wait for its release. I hope they don't rush it out because of geohot though. I really don't need another broken iPhone like I got with ziPhone.
  • 07-15-2008 | 11:09 AM
  • blacksti Posts: 43
  • Nice vid liked the old pwnage song lol
  • 07-15-2008 | 11:13 AM
  • Ezekiel- Posts: 4
  • looks good! Can't wait to jailbreak. Looks like apps are going to be free again!
  • 07-15-2008 | 11:14 AM
  • tntmorgan Posts: 68
  • I don't get it. How am I supposed to know that the 3G iPhone has been jailbroken from this?
  • 07-15-2008 | 11:15 AM
  • skatertrash Posts: 6
  • i dont doubt their authenticity. i think we're all just sick of the publicity stunt they are making of this whole thing and their refusal to give us a reasonable release date, or at least a guess at one.
  • 07-15-2008 | 11:16 AM
  • Clem-Clone Posts: 114
  • Quote de cash7c3
    So for everyone who's doubting the devs autheticity they have released a video of the first jailbroken 3g iPhone.

When will it be released? Sometime soon
    just do it then, and stop adding that crappy music to those videos. sheesh.
  • 07-15-2008 | 11:19 AM
  • sweeneytodd's Avatar sweeneytodd Posts: 25
  • After reading the chat on TUAW with pytey from the dev team.. I am almost positive it won't be for a long while
  • 07-15-2008 | 11:23 AM
  • Dave-o Posts: 7
  • You do realize that the apps from Installer v3.1 will not run under the new firmware right? Installer's offerings are going to be rather 'light' for awhile. Though the Jailbreak will give us the control over our iPhones once again.
  • 07-15-2008 | 11:31 AM
  • jutendouji's Avatar jutendouji Posts: 14
  • Am I the only one who doesn't care that much about the Jailbreak part of this? I have a 1st Gen iPhone, and where I live there's no official iPhone carrier (I'm in Argentina, and there'll be 2 carriers, but not anytime soon. Late in the year/early next year), so I do need the UNLOCKING part of this. I'll be perfectly honest, and while I've tried a lot of stuff from the Installer in the past few months, there's nothing that feels like a must have for me. In fact, the few apps that I still have installed are now on the AppStore (Twitterrific, Flickr integration and AIM).

I understand that most people just want the 3G iPhone to be unlocked and jailbroken, but personally I just want the same love, care and attention to be given to the first 6 million iPhone owners who still want 2.0 and Unlock. Jailbreak is nice for sure, but the AppStore covers most of that space even with the free apps.

Just my humble opinion, don't shoot me. Thankye kindly.
  • 07-15-2008 | 11:32 AM
  • jaredb03 Posts: 94
  • Quote de skatertrash
    i dont doubt their authenticity. i think we're all just sick of the publicity stunt they are making of this whole thing and their refusal to give us a reasonable release date, or at least a guess at one.
    I agree. I know that they will get it done, and done right but at least give us a time frame!! I would be happy with them just saying end of the week, end of the month, or in a couple months. I just want a time frame!!!
Return to Top