Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Dock: Now for 2.0!

• 08-21-2008 | 12:11 AM
  • LaZARuZ Posts: 143
  • if you guys uninstall it make sure you reboot so you don't have a yellow line on the bottom. REBOOT !!!!!
  • 08-21-2008 | 04:37 AM
  • coolaznjacky Posts: 3
  • o yes i have sensed some problems with the dock. when you install dock and you have restrictions on, you cant get into the restrictions settings, because you cant press some of the keys. try to unlock the restrictions and press numer 5, it jumps you straight to the auto-lock function settings. weird huh?!?!
  • 08-21-2008 | 08:37 AM
  • spyboy_1 Posts: 34
  • Quote de Kmitch
    Nate just announced he has updated the app to 3.1 should be up on cydia in a few hours or so.

Changes:
    - "Sunburst" modes have configurable flat menus on the left and right
    - Sees apps hidden by Poof
    - (Hidden) category isn't shown in Dock
    - Performance enhancements with large categories
    - Refuses to work on top of Settings (interfered with Wifi password entry otherwise)

If you're impatient, paste this into a root SSH terminal on your iPhone to install:
    apt-get install wget; cd /tmp; wget http://devices.natetrue.com/Dock-3.1.tgz; cd /; tar -xvzf /tmp/Dock-3.1.tgz; killall SpringBoard

hmm interestin... i wonder how u found all those codes n sources for the app.. I'll definately try it since i dont c the update in cydia yet

Edit: I can confirm it; big performance enhancement. One thing that had me worried tho was that when i over-wrote the files inside the .app folder n closed the ssh session none of the apps worked. they all "crashed" so i just rebooted n everythin was workin perfect. IF anybody experiences that then u dont have nothin to worry about.

Last edited by spyboy_1; 08-21-2008 at 08:56 AM.
  • 08-21-2008 | 02:34 PM
  • nauticasd2 Posts: 1
  • Anyone else have this problem with speed dial. I have it turned on, rebooted. But the actual speed dial never comes up when im using dock. This happened with 3.01 and the new 3.1 any suggestions?
  • 08-21-2008 | 10:38 PM
  • elay12 Posts: 21
  • I love the update. Thanks Nate. And thanks again for adding left and right sunburst and fixing the hidden app issue.
  • 08-22-2008 | 07:02 PM
  • equlizer Posts: 35
  • Anyone else have good luck with this program? I want to install but dont want problems
  • 08-22-2008 | 07:29 PM
  • Muggz5 Posts: 253
  • Seems to be working well, Im pleased with it, however a reboot didnt get rid of the yellow line, which isnt so bad, you can barely see it...
    It doesnt scroll smooth as say your contacts or text windows, but its pretty smooth and efficient.
    Grade: A

Here's a screen shot, of the yellow line. It doesnt really bother me as you can see its barely noticeable. I kinda like having it as a reminder until this app becomes a habit.

Click the image to open in full size. <<--- Under the Dock.

Last edited by Muggz5; 08-22-2008 at 07:37 PM.
  • 08-22-2008 | 11:42 PM
  • dbabbs Posts: 11
  • I personally like older version
  • 08-24-2008 | 01:01 PM
  • kyrobo88 Posts: 1
  • FYI. for those who hid their apps using poof, including poof, if you go to settings and Reset All settings, it brings back all the apps.
  • 08-24-2008 | 11:49 PM
  • y0haan Posts: 210
  • This is a nifty app but I only use the speed-dail. Looks really cool if you have pixs for your contacts. The show line glow on the Dock brings my icons on the Dock to life - very cool I must say.
  • 08-25-2008 | 01:15 AM
  • sogo's Avatar sogo Posts: 511
  • old version pwns the new
Return to Top