Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

The XiPhone Project [Windows]

• 08-25-2008 | 07:22 AM
  • alirz Posts: 25
  • i dont why people keep bashing Zibri. I think the guy is genius and very smart.
    I'm no noob at this iphone/ipod touch Jn and unlock stuff.
    I think ziphone was an excellent piece of software. i still have a 2g iphone on 1.1.4 and i always use ziphone on it. NEVER EVER had a sing problem with ziphone.
    I think he did a good job at that,even if people say he stole the code.
    Dev Team is very awesome also. There advancement is greatly appreciated i this field.
    I think anyone who helps us out in this area of Jail breaking/ unlocking should not be bashed upon.
  • 08-25-2008 | 07:26 AM
  • jmcallister Posts: 19
  • Once again this is not ZiPhone nor is it related by any means. This is an alternate to Winpwn and QuickPwn. The main goal is to have it be a community driven piece of software.
  • 08-25-2008 | 07:35 AM
  • jikoo Posts: 19
  • Quote de cash7c3
    Remember when things on windows used to be difficult and ages behind OS X releases? Soon to enter the fray currently occupied by WinPwn and
    QuickPwn will be XiPhone.

Why another one? The developers of XiPhone would like to address the primary flaws that exist in both QuickPwn and WinPwn. Both curret programs lack lack the backing of the Windows API as well as the backing of a real development environment. XiPhone is based on XPWN and looks like it will become a nice alternative assisting Windows users in freeing the iPhone / iPod Touch.

Features:
    • Auto downloading of stock firmware files from apple’s site (no need to hunt for it then select it)
    • Wizard based modern GUI (created with .net 2.0), and Vista Style UI.
    • Export of firmware settings so users can pass around an XML file which contains a configuration that works for them.
    • Auto updates to the XiPhone software.
    • Automatic conversion of images to PNG format
    • Saving of configurations to XML format for fast loading.
    • Community based wallpapers used for bootscreen, Restore screen and others
    • Enabling / Disabling of options available based on the device you select.

Now XiPhone would like you're help with some friendly feedback and suggestions for their project. Post 'em up folks!

You might want to consider the name, search XiPhone on iPodTouchFans and you'll see there is already an app in the same name, I'd call this AiPhone or something
  • 08-25-2008 | 08:23 AM
  • burtthaman Posts: 71
  • Quote de alirz
    i dont why people keep bashing Zibri. I think the guy is genius and very smart.
    I'm no noob at this iphone/ipod touch Jn and unlock stuff.
    I think ziphone was an excellent piece of software. i still have a 2g iphone on 1.1.4 and i always use ziphone on it. NEVER EVER had a sing problem with ziphone.
    I think he did a good job at that,even if people say he stole the code.
    Dev Team is very awesome also. There advancement is greatly appreciated i this field.
    I think anyone who helps us out in this area of Jail breaking/ unlocking should not be bashed upon.
    Young padawan you have so much to learn...

Stealing other people's ideas and code and saying that you are the one "working hard" on it and that it takes up all your time and you need donations and ads on your site to pay for the time you are spending but really you are just making money off of people by scamming them is usually considered "shady". If you think Zibri is "great" for the community and that "ziphone never gave you a problem" then you are a "noob at this iphone/ipod touch Jn and unlock stuff" I'm sure since you aren't a noob as you say you meant JB... as in jailbreak.

To me, people who are influential in the community but aren't necessarily involved with the "dev team" are people like geohotz. He was the absolute first person to jailbreak an iphone and he is a genious. Even he pokes fun at zibri because zibri is a total douche bag. Another very influential person that I rely upon to give me my JB app fix is BigBoss. I was going to write out all the reasons why ZiPhone sucks but looks like he already did. Check out his blog:

» Why Avoid Ziphone? - iPhone News & Review

Excerpt:
    "But Ziphone works fine for me? Why should I avoid it?"

I hear this all the time. It’s simple. Ziphone does permanent changes to your phone. Zibri is a terrible coder that stole most the exploits for ZiPhone and did not create them. Zibri admits that he cannot code. Ziphone does work most of the time. But when it does not work, you are most likely left with an unfixable brick. Other jailbreak software such as iLiberty+, Pwnage, will not leave you with a brick. Everything they do can be reverted safely. This means if they fail on you, you just restore and try again. No harm done.

With ziphone, your damage is permanent. It’s a crap shoot. It may work 9 times out of 10, but on that 10th time that it fails out, you can expect to be purchasing a new iPhone. Sounds great right? Indeed, this is so common that the term “ziphoned” actually has meaning (a bricked phone caused by ZiPhone). Check out the google search on the term and see the problems for yourself."
    And if you think this is all "made up" and just some crazy elaborate scheme to give Zibri a bad name then you have your head so far up his *** there is no help for you. I have a close friend who actually had this problem and could not fix it no matter how many restores he tried. He had to return his phone because of ZiPhone. Don't give your opinion on something you know nothing about.

The moment I saw that this was named XiPhone I wanted to laugh/cry. Very poor choice of a name. I don't care how you are supposed to pronounce it. BUT, awesome job on the actual program and I'm glad Zibri has NOTHING to do with it.

Last edited by burtthaman; 08-25-2008 at 08:27 AM.
  • 08-25-2008 | 09:08 AM
  • Dizz Posts: 6
  • Quote de burtthaman
    Excerpt:
    "But Ziphone works fine for me? Why should I avoid it?"

I hear this all the time. It’s simple. Ziphone does permanent changes to your phone. Zibri is a terrible coder that stole most the exploits for ZiPhone and did not create them. Zibri admits that he cannot code. Ziphone does work most of the time. But when it does not work, you are most likely left with an unfixable brick. Other jailbreak software such as iLiberty+, Pwnage, will not leave you with a brick. Everything they do can be reverted safely. This means if they fail on you, you just restore and try again. No harm done.

With ziphone, your damage is permanent. It’s a crap shoot. It may work 9 times out of 10, but on that 10th time that it fails out, you can expect to be purchasing a new iPhone. Sounds great right? Indeed, this is so common that the term “ziphoned” actually has meaning (a bricked phone caused by ZiPhone). Check out the google search on the term and see the problems for yourself."
    And if you think this is all "made up" and just some crazy elaborate scheme to give Zibri a bad name then you have your head so far up his *** there is no help for you. I have a close friend who actually had this problem and could not fix it no matter how many restores he tried. He had to return his phone because of ZiPhone. Don't give your opinion on something you know nothing about.

The moment I saw that this was named XiPhone I wanted to laugh/cry. Very poor choice of a name. I don't care how you are supposed to pronounce it. BUT, awesome job on the actual program and I'm glad Zibri has NOTHING to do with it.
    I had to learn this the hard way, back when I first got my 2G iphone I used ziphone to JB my phone and what I got was a expensive paperweight. Lucky for me I managed to completely mess up the phone and have it stuck in dfu then bring it to the apple store and have them replace it for me. Since then I decided to to research zibri and his ziphone software to see if I had made any fatal mistakes and what I found was truly enlightening. Since I'm not a noob when it comes to modding phones and am patient enough to read all directions before trying anything it was a relief to find out how bad a coder zibri was and how many other people had the same problem using this P.O.S. ziphone software. Once I found out that Zibri stole all of his information and codes and is a shady person with little or no experience in coding who basically through together a software that's either hit or miss (hit being JB and unlock work, miss being iphone is permanently bricked) I have never once again used or suggested his software to anyone. ZiPhone blows, so does Zibri.

As for this XiPhone software I am looking forward to seeing it released. It's nice that us windows users are starting to have more options for JB, and hopefully an Unlocking solution is soon to follow.
  • 08-25-2008 | 09:16 AM
  • jmcallister Posts: 19
  • What is really so important in a name? The name i develop under is Kinetic-X hence the 'XiPhone' Name. Honestly i dont really care if people like or hate the name the name dosent determine if software is of quality.
  • 08-25-2008 | 10:10 AM
  • ebl4287 Posts: 218
  • whats the point? Dev Team has the hacking community on lock right now (Pwnage Toool,QuickPwn,WinPwn). Why would we need this one?. Its like having a chocolate ice cream with 2 cones.
  • 08-25-2008 | 10:23 AM
  • kuhndsn's Avatar kuhndsn Posts: 31
  • ALL POSTING...

This thread is not for bashing! Why everyone wants to be hating on new or additional software is beyond me aside from wanting an excuse to complain about something... Hope you are all not the same whiners that were begging for a GUI or update to the soft to JB your phone because you couldnt wait or you updated and locked your phone... Some of these posts are down right rude! Look when you go to a supermarket ist it nice to have options? Thank you...

So I say bring on the new! In fact I would love to help beta test.
    Now for what was asked;

- the name is fine by me as long as there is not another with the same spelling... EX-iPhone is catchie.

- I would like to see a embeded help file with instructions and or possible work arounds to error codes.

- As an added bonus perhaps make the steps fool proof with what each does and why.. I know this is very elementry but!!! Have you read some of the posts for help on this site... exmple I give you the DFU errors people were having. Also people dont know what and why's on the bootloader versions...

- I like the auto update and the fact that its inline with Vista. I do think the auto update should be user interfaced with the option to check. For thoes of us that may want to stay with a particular version...

- One last request that would be NICE... An option to completely back-up the iPhone... added programs and all... Kinda like clone or an image. that would be a nice option...

Again thanks for the effort in giving us yet another product to choose from for our JB/Unlocking needs. Much appreciated!!!

DK

2G 16gig -- 2.0.2 unlocked / JB
    3G -- 2.0.02 unlocked (sim prgrm) / JB
  • 08-25-2008 | 11:27 AM
  • VABrainiac Posts: 1
  • Quote de ebl4287
    whats the point? Dev Team has the hacking community on lock right now (Pwnage Toool,QuickPwn,WinPwn). Why would we need this one?. Its like having a chocolate ice cream with 2 cones.
    I don't know about you guys but I like having options even if I may not use them. I think a little competition between programmers is a good thing. It makes you think of how to be better than the other guys. I personally like WinPwn it does what I need it to do. You all have your favorites, but at least give it a once over. There may be one little detail that you just like better than the others. Or there may not be, but at least you have other options to use.
  • 08-25-2008 | 11:55 AM
  • dale1v's Avatar dale1v Posts: 1,426
  • Let's keep it on topic folks, thanks.
  • 08-25-2008 | 12:09 PM
  • cash7c3's Avatar cash7c3 Posts: 2,684
  • Quote de jikoo
    You might want to consider the name, search XiPhone on iPodTouchFans and you'll see there is already an app in the same name, I'd call this AiPhone or something
    Is it the same app by the same ppl? NO WAY?!?!?!??!?!?!!

I don't usually point out so much fail as I tend to keep my composure and patience in the light of stupidity but seriously folks, out of the 40 or so posts i have read in the last 5 mins around 18 have been just pathetic.
  • 08-25-2008 | 12:18 PM
  • redcard's Avatar redcard Posts: 1,402
  • Just 18? I'd say that marks this thread out as a success!
  • 08-25-2008 | 12:37 PM
  • z3r01 Posts: 59
  • well, i downloaded this new "alt" to winpwn jus to see the app open (my iphone is already owned to the dev team) but it didnt open, gave me an error...dont want to mess with it as the quickpwn was faster and open on the first go...
  • 08-25-2008 | 12:45 PM
  • pechon Posts: 16
  • i rather stick to dev team's work, thx though
Return to Top