Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Pwnage Tool 2.0.3 Released Firmware 2.0.2 Functionality Added

• 08-28-2008 | 11:05 AM
  • bigalpimp Posts: 29
  • Quote de bust freeze
    Ok so I pwned my week old 16gig iphone twice(1nce to 2.0.1+ 1nce to 2.0.2). First time everything went smoothly no buggs whatsoever except for installer beta which as reported was quite unfonctional. After using pwnage 2.0.3. two weird things happened to my phone.

First strange thing was once pwned the screen went completely blank(or black) with only the carrier name,reception bars, time and battery icon showing on top. The strange thing was that some icons on the 2nd and 3rd "page" where visible after sliding. I turned off the phone and when i turned it back on everything was back to normal? I should mention it happened again once after i loaded just under 2gigs of music back onto the phone? Again switched it off and everything came back to normal.

2nd problem was i lost access to my gmail accounts. I went into BossPrefs and selected fix User Dir Permissions and it solved the problem.

I'm mostly worried bout the first bug? This is a bran new 16 gig Iphone. Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen? is it normal? is it common? after pwning with 2.0.3
    i jsut tried to reset the setting in boss prefs but it didnt do anything i rebooted and everything

it says cannot get mail

user name or password for imap.apple.mail.tahoo.com is incorrect.
  • 08-28-2008 | 11:52 AM
  • axlf97 Posts: 8
  • Boss pref will not fix the problem.... You need the 2.0.3 pwnage tool it fixes the mail amd wifi problems i have done 12 3G iphones already and none of them has had a problem what so ever......
  • 08-28-2008 | 03:00 PM
  • Rsxluva23 Posts: 4
  • Quote de axlf97
    Boss pref will not fix the problem.... You need the 2.0.3 pwnage tool it fixes the mail amd wifi problems i have done 12 3G iphones already and none of them has had a problem what so ever......
    i used the 2.0.3 pwnage tool and everything works fine except that i cant SEND mail.. i can receive and everything else.
  • 08-28-2008 | 06:26 PM
  • bigalpimp Posts: 29
  • will pwnage tool erase everything though? Or can I just fix it?
  • 08-28-2008 | 06:49 PM
  • nashlib Posts: 4
  • these guys r gods really.now 3g unlock and we can call them god of gods (odinz - I think)
  • 08-28-2008 | 07:06 PM
  • nickswagger Posts: 69
  • Quote de nickswagger
    can anyone help me out.....i got an original iphone on at&t, i tried making a custom firmware with the new pwnage tool many times with various setting and no matter what i do, when i restore with that custome firmware, it just keeps rebooting, never actualling loading up all the way
    Quote de Poseidon79
    Make sure you are in DFU mode before you restore. Your other option would be to restore to the stock apple firmware first, then restore to the custom firmware (in DFU).

Im still having this problem, and if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Havent been able to upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 using the newest pwnage. Original iPhone, with AT&T. If not, can someone post a custom firmware

thanks in advance
  • 08-28-2008 | 09:51 PM
  • RelleR Posts: 26
  • Hey my Google Maps wasn't working for 2.0.3 Pwnage so I updated using 2.0.3.1 and now my wifi won't connect. It says it's connected but it chooses to go with either Edge or 3G before it shows wifi signals at the top of the iphone!?

Can anyone please help? Should I restore regularly with iTunes then Pwnage, do I need a new 2.0.2 firmware?

8GB iPhone 3G 2.0.2 / 2.0.3.1 pwnage with Rogers

Julie, where you at?!?!?!?!?

- Why is my wifi not showing up!? just the 3G/EDGE!

Last edited by RelleR; 08-28-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 08-28-2008 | 09:52 PM
  • Simer03 Posts: 5
  • Quote de supershick
    i just finished restoring my phone with the new Pwnage and after iTunes says, "your phone is ready to be rebooted" all the phone does is flash on and off the friggin pineapple logo.

Is something wrong? It's like it won't boot up or something.....wth?

this happened to me the first time i pwned my iphone........what i realized i did wrong was, u know the IPSW u make with pwnage? make sure u name something after the original file.....i just got confused with what i just typed, u know when it makes the IPSW, and it says to give it a name and then u hit "save", make sure u add "new restore" or something at the end of it, and then when u go into DFU mode, alt option on itunes restore, and make sure u choose that ipsw file with "new restore" in the name.....i hope u understand what im saying cuz im havin quite a hard time trying to word it, lol!! and it should boot up the bootneuter thing after the restore is done, so, idk why its not.....
  • 08-29-2008 | 05:00 PM
  • ToasterBoyOhFour Posts: 51
  • where do i place the chmod 777? do i open a new directory once in the keychains folder? im new and confused and regretting this upgrade. everything was fine in 2.0.1 please be a little more descriptive
  • 08-29-2008 | 07:31 PM
  • djanark2000 Posts: 13
  • hey i keep getting error in itunes 1600 or 1601 cannot restore on my 8gb 3g already pwned on 2.0...whats wrong???
Return to Top