Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Hello, Firmware 2.0. Nice to JAILBREAK YA.

• 03-12-2008 | 06:17 PM
  • ma5t3rw1tt Posts: 162
  • I don't think there isn't anything that the Dev Team can't do. Every single firmware thats came out so far has been jailbroken, thats somewhat telling you something about their skills. I don't think Jailbreaking is going to fail, this shows it right here. I think Apple by now would have patched the stuff, but apparently not if the Dev Team keeps jailbreaking. Either way, We will have the best of both worlds.
  • 03-12-2008 | 08:00 PM
  • tattoojack's Avatar tattoojack Posts: 201
  • Quote de Dan0609
    Out of curiosity who handed you 2.0?... apple is gonna be so upset with you, your gonna get grounded and sent to your rooms... (oh wait you spend all your time in there hacking anyways) lol

thnx guys!
    ummmmmm, apple gave it to him.

i even downloaded a copy just in case they take it down and some one needs it. even tho i have a pc and it is only for macs.

hmmm check the home page of this site man!
  • 03-12-2008 | 08:17 PM
  • Dan0609's Avatar Dan0609 Posts: 136
  • lol thnx tattoojack, I figured so after reading all the posts
  • 03-12-2008 | 08:51 PM
  • fate1226 Posts: 6
  • i just saw that they announced the jailbreak on Attack of the Show including a clip from the unrelated video that was previously posted. They quoted apple as saying "there is nothing we can do about it at this time" Made me laugh good job devs
  • 03-12-2008 | 09:13 PM
  • noapologies001 Posts: 1
  • Quote de poetic_folly

The iPhone Dev Team, who rumor has it just last night got ahold of the new firmware that ships with the SDK (1.2, which will be released to public as 2.0), has already decrypted the disk image and jailbroken the firmware.

This image shows screenshots of apps running on the 1.2 firmware, which requires a dev certificate to do normally, although none have yet been issued. The jailbreak currently only works with hacked activation, meaning it won't work with AT&T iPhone's yet. However, come on, this is like 2 hours ago it happened, you AT&T folk won't be left in the cold.

Props to the iPhone Dev Team on this one, and thanks to King Chronic for the heads up

UPDATED: Here's the video.

Cash UPDATE: removed irrelevant video.
    thaks

Quote de poetic_folly

The iPhone Dev Team, who rumor has it just last night got ahold of the new firmware that ships with the SDK (1.2, which will be released to public as 2.0), has already decrypted the disk image and jailbroken the firmware.

This image shows screenshots of apps running on the 1.2 firmware, which requires a dev certificate to do normally, although none have yet been issued. The jailbreak currently only works with hacked activation, meaning it won't work with AT&T iPhone's yet. However, come on, this is like 2 hours ago it happened, you AT&T folk won't be left in the cold.

Props to the iPhone Dev Team on this one, and thanks to King Chronic for the heads up

UPDATED: Here's the video.

Cash UPDATE: removed irrelevant video.
    k thanks so much

thanks

thanks

Last edited by noapologies001; 03-12-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 03-12-2008 | 09:57 PM
  • ryan christopher's Avatar ryan christopher Posts: 125
  • Quote de tattoojack

i even downloaded a copy just in case they take it down and some one needs it. even tho i have a pc and it is only for macs.

you have the firmware?
  • 03-12-2008 | 11:18 PM
  • silent revolt Posts: 19
  • when the android system comes out it will be totaly open and none of this BS will have to be dealt with...personaly i think Steve jobs would be fine with an open iphone but who ever is in charge of the profits thing wont have it so fcuk the iphone as much as i love mine its just not cool anymore, i used to think it was great fun hacking it and being part of the "hackers" kinda LOL but its a pain in the *** having to back it up and rejailbreak when things dont work right and android will be comming out on some pretty sweet phones some of wich are probably going to be running on 3.5-5g so they will blow the iphone COMPLETELY off this solar system and thats just out of the box...all the applications for the thing will be easy to put on it aswell some you have to pay for but others like the stuff we have will be free..but anyways dev team good job and i hope you guys make apps for the android as the jailbreak part wont be needed
  • 03-12-2008 | 11:25 PM
  • rjohnstone Posts: 9
  • Quote de tattoojack

You're referring to the SDK.
    That is available to anyone that signs up with Apple.

The beta 2.0 firmware is available by application only and you had to be a corporate entity to apply.
  • 03-13-2008 | 12:20 AM
  • imode69 Posts: 178
  • Quote de ryan christopher
    you have the firmware?
    Can't possibly be the firmware. Obviously referring to the SDK.
  • 03-13-2008 | 12:27 AM
  • javiert30's Avatar javiert30 Posts: 128
  • Hey my friend thanks to our jailboken iPhones Apple is makeing money, you think they gonna do that? Indirectly they want us to still hackeing our iPhones so they can sell more of them...They are releasing more firmwares and they gonna still doing it, but not impossible to jailbreak

Last edited by javiert30; 03-13-2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: add comment
  • 03-13-2008 | 01:02 AM
  • ryan christopher's Avatar ryan christopher Posts: 125
  • wonder if there is gonna be any other firmware updates previous to this one
  • 03-13-2008 | 02:54 AM
  • yowiphone's Avatar yowiphone Posts: 1,405
  • you guys are amazing!!
  • 03-13-2008 | 06:51 AM
  • King Chronic Posts: 188
  • Quote de Happy Noodle Boy
    Did Zibri ran over your dog or something? You've done nothing but bash him in this and other threads. He went his own way, the dev team is doing their own thing. Both are tackling on the upcoming firmware through different means and from the looks of it both have gotten past the lock. Bashing someone and just outright trying to dirty their name just makes you look like a jealous 12 year old. If you have something against it, that's your opinion but don't try to belittle someone's achievements because they ran over your dog.

And I'm honestly surprised at the amount of interest people have for a beta firmware. Beta's are hardly known for being stable and they exist only to find, sort, and fix bugs. Let the developers and apple play with their firmware for a bit, and get it to a working stable state which we can then enjoy. We already know the DEV team not only has access to the firmware, but has broken it already.

And last but not least, the dev team has not been secretive of their methods and are sure Apple can't do about anything about it just as Apple isn't intentionally going out of their way to lock the phone over and over again. The fact that a jailbreak breaks when there's an upgrade is not because Apple is out there to get you, it's because they made changes and improvement to how the phone itself work. Please take off your tinfoil hats and chill guys, June will be here soon enough.
    I don't feel like arguing about this nor would it be wise.

No problem P_F, it's not as much Zibri, it's just the people thanking him for this after watching the dev team work so hard on this. If it's ok with you P_F, I'll post a video showing that the ramdisk exploit was patched and will require a restore, and it can not be fixed to work either.

Video is uploading as we speak! Will post a link when it's finished.

Last edited by King Chronic; 03-13-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 03-13-2008 | 07:32 AM
  • pingwhen Posts: 607
  • video yay
  • 03-13-2008 | 07:43 AM
  • betty02 Posts: 12
  • Theres nothing wrong with Zibri, and nothing wrong with what the dev team do, so quit it there.

Your both trying to do the same thing so far enough going to be some comptition but theres laods people out there trying to do it doesn't mean anything until someone is 100% successfull, and still then its persoanly choice as to what program people use to jailbreak and unlock there phones then.

Think thye have both done a great job, but like mentioned this is just a beta, not apples finle thing! but im sure it will be along the same lines!
Return to Top