Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

1.0.2 in endless reboot after using ibrickr to jailbreak!

• 05-09-2008 | 02:29 PM
  • Lemeshianos Posts: 8
  • I have a 1.0.2 iphone that was jailbroken but had a crashing sms application and a crashing installer because of the 3.1 update.

The iphone didn't have openssh so I tried apptapp installer to see if it could reinstall the older version of installer.
    No luck!

Anyway I restored back to 1.0.2 and used ibrickr to jailbreak it.
    Now the phone is in an endless reboot.
    First is the grey apple symbol,
    Then the back goes blue(probably has something to do with ibrickr, you know the red, green screen when you try to get out of recovery...)
    Then its the kernel scrolling text for a while until it shuts and reboots and does this all over again.

Apptall can't get it out of recovery and neither does ibrickr.
    Itunes doesn't recognize it.
    I'm kind of in a tight spot now, since it was a friends phone and i wanted to fix it as a thank you for some favor he did for me.
    I would really appreciate your help!

I manage to get it out of the reboot loop, by following the close itunes, unplug usb, start itunes, press home&power button, plug usb method for about 30 times.

Now I m restoring to 1.0.2 again.

What is the suggested method to jailbreak a 1.0.2?
    I want to virginize it and then go to 1.1.4.

Last edited by Lemeshianos; 05-09-2008 at 03:14 PM.
  • 05-09-2008 | 03:37 PM
  • smirkis Posts: 497
  • what did you use to unlock it in the first place? have you tried updating it to the newest firmware to see what happens? most of the currently activations and unlocks fix any older problems. even updating to 1.1.4 fixed a lot of broken iphones.

what method did you use to jailbreak it the first time around?
  • 05-10-2008 | 11:41 AM
  • Lemeshianos Posts: 8
  • i didn't do the jailbreak/unlock and don't know how it was done.

But i believe the unlock is one of the methods that required virginazation before going to 1.1.1
  • 07-09-2008 | 06:44 AM
  • clifdog Posts: 10
  • I have the same problem restored jailbroke 102 itunes says restore is good but phone just keeps rebooting jailbroke phone using first method its a 4g
  • 07-09-2008 | 05:14 PM
  • bliljerk101 Posts: 3
  • I had the same problem. I just fixed my phone. You have to hold the power and home button down until it shuts off. Then hold the home button for about 3 secs and then connect it to your computer. It should then ask to connect to itunes, or it will automatically connect. from there, you can restore your software.

if you have mac osx, there are other methods of restoring it, but i have windows and had no other choice but to do this.

i hope this helps you as it did me.
  • 07-16-2008 | 03:33 PM
  • Girrelephant Master Posts: 22
  • Wooo, you need to upgread to 1.1.4 and try ziphone.
  • 07-23-2008 | 01:27 PM
  • twinkdogg Posts: 5
  • why the hell are u still on that old *** firmware. either ur not reading the firmware properly or ur just a clown for not upgrading the firmware. have u ever pluged it into itunes before now!.. haha upgrade the firmware buddy to 1.1.4. if its possible, u might be forced to get 2.0 because u waited to late.
Return to Top