Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

bit of a problem

• Today | 12:51 PM
  • llammalrds Posts: 4
  • hi im very VERY new to this iphone thing

i recently got one from my friend, 1st gen, and i needed to unlock it so i can use my att card without having to sign up for that apple contract thing

i used winpwn2.5 with quickpwn and jailbroke it

im not certain if its unlocked or what the problem could be

it used to be at the "emergency calls only" screen before or ran winpwn but now i can access it all

it's basically running like an ipod touch right now

the problem is that i put my sim card in and i cant acces the contacts and i cant get service from it

did i miss something? activation, unlock, jailbreak?

it's on 2.0.2 1stgen btw

thanks
  • Today | 01:10 PM
  • santafexcrunner@yahoo.com's Avatar santafexcrunner@yahoo.com Posts: 28
  • Your an AT@T user? This is really werid becuase my friend put his AT@T sim card in my iphone and it worked great. ..... To access the contacts you have to go to contacts and hit import contacts from sim....
  • Today | 01:15 PM
  • well, i tried the contacts thing, and it popped up for like a quick second then went away

is there suppoed to be a "at&t" up in the corner? cause it's not
  • Today | 01:33 PM
  • Yeah there should be. You should not of had to winpwn your phone to make it work on an At&t sim card. Not sure what is going on. Might want to restore your phone totally then try again.

let me know if it works

Last edited by santafexcrunner@yahoo.com; Today at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • Today | 01:35 PM
  • i just restored it and its at the "emergency calls" thing

on itunes its telling me i have to activate it through apple, and sign up for the apple contract thing, and thats what i dont wanna do

i just need to activate and unlock the phone

winpwn was the only thing i could get to work, im so confused
  • Today | 01:47 PM
  • This is very weird because I used the pwnage tool and it should just activate the phone for you already so no set up with Itunes needed
  • Today | 03:41 PM
  • DoerrFan's Avatar DoerrFan Posts: 1,820
  • Wait you use two jailbreak utilities on the same phone after it was already jailbroken/unlocked? That could be a problem.
    What i would do is restore and use only WinPwn then try.
  • Today | 04:57 PM
  • Quote de DoerrFan
    Wait you use two jailbreak utilities on the same phone after it was already jailbroken/unlocked? That could be a problem.
    What i would do is restore and use only WinPwn then try.
    no, it wasnt jailbroken to start with

i used winpwn 2.5 beta, and used the option of quickpwn with it

i've restored it fully then used winpwn again same as before and now it's saying "no service" in the corner, it used to have 1 bar but not say att

does that mean i am just out of service range but that my sim is working or what?
Return to Top