Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Piece of Crap Winterboard!!

• 08-27-2008 | 08:05 PM
  • GNice Posts: 16
  • I think Winterboard is great...it is far from a piece of crap. After my first jailbreak it worked great. However, after my most recent restore Winterboard "freezes" my phone after install as soon as I click Reload SpringBoard. At that point my phone won't get past the Apple logo and I have to restore again. I've spent many hours over the last two days trying to get it work to no avail. Just hoping an update in the not too distant future fixes it since I'd love to install in again.
  • 08-27-2008 | 08:29 PM
  • Real_Iphonecrazy Posts: 113
  • you need to learn who makes what before you start slaging apps of. Winterboard is made by one of the best Devs if not the best Dev in the moding comunity.

It won't be Winterboard it will be something you are doing that's causing the problem.

Gnice, try droping Jay (Saurik) an email explaining exactly what's hapening. In my experience he's always been very helpfull.

P.S. But don't slag his apps of to him I don't think he'd appreciate it.

Winterboard ain't no temp app, lol and Summerboard will never take it's place. What planet are you from?

Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 08-27-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 08-29-2008 | 08:06 AM
  • marcoiac Posts: 39
  • Quote de Daerid
    It's happened twice now. I figured time 1 was a fluke.

I install, and am told to Respiring. I click on Respring, and the phone locks up after about 30 sec. I wait for a while, then force a reboot because the phone is completely unresponsive, wont even take a call.

It sits at the Apple logo until, prolly would until the battery died... back to DFU mode and restore.

Fun fun fun...
    Something like that happens even to unjailed and locked iPhones when using official AppStore apps. It's not a WinterBoard or a Cydia problem, it seems a FW 2.0 problem that hopefully will be fixed by 2.1

There are articles on this in TUAW and other feeds

It turns out that Installer won't produce this problem because it uses a different way of respringing. So, if you just look at the behavior of your machine you might think it's WinterBoard or Cydia fault, but it isn't.

Things aren't always as they seem to be
  • 08-29-2008 | 09:34 PM
  • Beva922's Avatar Beva922 Posts: 50
  • make sure you update cydia, cuz its working great for me.. and im only semi-tech savy.
  • 09-02-2008 | 09:36 AM
  • santiagodraco Posts: 26
  • Yep, running the updated Cydia from yesterday and have yet to have any problems installing Jailbroken apps...

So... the problem wasn't Cydia huh?
Return to Top