Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

used ziphone can I add installer or cydia with iliberty

• 07-22-2008 | 12:50 PM
  • Ferrarimanic360 Posts: 1
  • I recently unlocked my phone with ziphone 3.0 but it didnt install installer for some reason, after doing some research I saw you can add installer or cydia through Iliberty by just having the jailbreak option selected, so my question is that can i just use iliberty to add installer since my phone has already been jailbroken so in essence jailbreaking twice, I apologize if this question has been asked before I tried my best searching but nothing came up
  • 07-26-2008 | 10:20 PM
  • nicphone Posts: 12
  • i'd need this to know if this will work also. i dont have installer, but the phone makes calls etc.

also, no you tube, but i found that online. guess what?. can't fix the you tube without the installer.

help?!

edit:
    i'm on 1.1.4 8 gig 1st gen.
    unlock/jail/act with ziphone 3.0
    t mobil sim makes calls fine.
    EDGE network accessible.
    no you tube.
    all else seems well.
    oh yeah, no installer!

-i heard to put in DFU and run ziphone, but not sure if it has to be in DFU at time of running ziphone or what.

Last edited by nicphone; 07-26-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: more detail.
  • 07-31-2008 | 10:45 AM
  • bretthartt's Avatar bretthartt Posts: 38
  • Quote de Ferrarimanic360
    I recently unlocked my phone with ziphone 3.0 but it didnt install installer for some reason, after doing some research I saw you can add installer or cydia through Iliberty by just having the jailbreak option selected, so my question is that can i just use iliberty to add installer since my phone has already been jailbroken so in essence jailbreaking twice, I apologize if this question has been asked before I tried my best searching but nothing came up
    I used the Ziphone 3.0 originally as well, And although you may not want to hear this...the best bet would be to go on ahead and update using the pawnage. The new features of the 2.0 are cool and being that the pawnage tool is the only jailbreaking software for the 2.0 firmware (right now) they've cornered the market. As of right now all of the sources from the older installer app version or updating their stuff to 2.0 and the installer 4. Which I'm quite sure wont be availible unless you upgrade to the 2.0 Firmware. Bite the bullet..... the new jailbreak will include Cydia and I'm sure Installer.app's new version will be availible soon as well.
Return to Top