Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

no carrier message

• 07-25-2008 | 01:13 PM
  • germanxboxfreak Posts: 9
  • Ok, Im in europe right now visiting some friends and i wanted to sell my phone to my friend here in europe. When i came over here i unlocked the sim with ziphone and it worked fine i bought a TIM sim sim card in italy and used it. I was going to sell it so i restored it and being stupid as usual restored and installed 2.0 i was on 1.1.4 before. So when i tried to downgrade i installed itunes 7.5 and it kept giving me an error when the phone was in DFU mode that the software for the phone is not currently available... and i reinstalled it and it didn't give me that message and it restored properly. I didn't activated it but named it a new phone and supposedly activated and unlocked the phone with ziphone... i put my european sim in and i got no service... i got 1 bar but in that same place i had full service before. I was wondering if the issue was that i didn't activated it as my old phone which was on at&t and activated through itunes but used ziphone to activate it and if someone could help me with the itunes issue about it not having the software...

Thanks a bunch

i downgraded the bootloader to 3.9 using ziphone just for the record, is there a way to get it back to 4.6 so i can use another program possibly iliberty+ to unlock it

Last edited by germanxboxfreak; 07-25-2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Return to Top