HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > 3rd Party Apps Requests
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

3rd Party Apps Requests Request iPhone apps here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 7/16/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 01:38 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: Pwned 1.1.4 iPhone
Operating System: Leopard
Landscape Texting (Please Read)

Mods please sticky this.......

Ok, everyone wants landscape texting, but as far as I know no one is making one yet, if someone starts developing one im sure mmi will be the first to know, can we please stop having all these new threads about landscape texting? There a bunch of them and then they all conclude the same way and then a week or two later there a few more threads about it. As of now its not being made, if it is mmi will know.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:18 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
can we please stop having all these new threads about landscape texting? There a bunch of them and then they all conclude the same way and then a week or two later there a few more threads about it. As of now its not being made, if it is mmi will know.
kinda like this one
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:27 PM

Device + Firmware: iLiberty 8gig 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista Home Premium 32bit
Send a message via AIM to screamforme02

hahah just like this one. hahaha. iv heard the devlopment for doing that would be way to hard so thats why its not been done and prob wont. But i can still dream
Old 05-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Green Apple

People Google all the time for answers. But once you get to MMI, all searching stops and duplicate threads by different users pop up all over. I could have sworn that there was something about this issue in the 'READ THIS' section.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Green Apple

I dont like the idea of landscape texting(doesnt mean I dont support the idea, cause to each his own so it would be nice none the less if someone would do it, I just would never use it myself) because the keyboard takes up pretty much the whole screen in landscape. So it would be pretty hard to read/follow your SMS conversations unless it was full of simple one liners...unless you could incorporate a hide keyboard function by like shaking the phone a little, I dunno....

But on the other side of the token, I want to ask why it would be hard to do? I mean you have a landscape keyboard in the safari browser... you would think that you could look at the code for that and integrate it into the SMS app... Im sure its much more complicated than that or else someone else would have done it, but it just seems it would be that simple.

Last edited by reznor9 : 05-27-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 AM

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4 / 3.9
Operating System: XP

Stupidest thread in a while..

Mods, please don't sticky this (Like you would have anyway)
Old 05-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista

Maybe in the 2.0 firewire, they will include it.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone - 1.1.4 - Jailbroken
Operating System: Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
I dont like the idea of landscape texting(doesnt mean I dont support the idea, cause to each his own so it would be nice none the less if someone would do it, I just would never use it myself) because the keyboard takes up pretty much the whole screen in landscape. So it would be pretty hard to read/follow your SMS conversations unless it was full of simple one liners...unless you could incorporate a hide keyboard function by like shaking the phone a little, I dunno....

But on the other side of the token, I want to ask why it would be hard to do? I mean you have a landscape keyboard in the safari browser... you would think that you could look at the code for that and integrate it into the SMS app... Im sure its much more complicated than that or else someone else would have done it, but it just seems it would be that simple.
It wouldnt be hard at all. You recieve the text like you do normally, read it, turn the phone sideways and then the keyboard pops up, type what you want, turn the phone back normal and send.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:09 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Send a message via AIM to CoolBito Send a message via Yahoo to CoolBito

I think the landscape IMing that mobilechat has is a great way to have landscape texting while still being able to see the conversation. That is, if you've ever used mobilechat in landscape mode.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:05 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: jailbroken iphone 1.1.3
Operating System: windows linux

i also wish we could use a landscape keyboard in the notes app

Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > 3rd Party Apps Requests