HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > Accessory Review
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accessory Review Reviews on and questions about iPhone accessories. If you've got an accessory, or have seen one, let us know how it works!

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 12:55 PM
What's Jailbreak?

OtterBox for iPhone Defender Series

OtterBox™ for iPhone Defender Series

OtterBox™ for iPhone Defender Series Reviews

Product Information

The OtterBox for iPhone World Edition Defender Series gives you 3 layers of protection along with a sleek, slim fit to the iPhone device. Product Features include additional bump, scratch & drop protection; light rain protection; belt clip for carrying convenience; and Donaldson Acoustic vents on the top and front speakers. Plus use your device to perform all functions without having to take it out of the case! 3 Layers of protection make this an unbeatable choice for protecting your iPhone: 1) Thermal formed protective clear membrane protects the screen 2) Hi-impact polycarbonate and 3) Silicone skin to absorb bump and shock. Accommodates both 4 GB and 8 GB Apple iPhones. Case includes a swivel belt clip that provides full impact protection for the screen.

Features:
  • A semi-rugged, slim fit case that offers complete user interaction in an attractive look and feel!
  • Shields your iPhone from dust, dirt and drops in a thin yet protective design.
  • It is water-resistant design protects your iPhone from the outdoor elements.
  • Accommodates the 4GB, 8GB and 16GB Apple iPhones.
  • Touch interface is completely protected while still being fully useable through a patented touch-screen membrane.
  • Includes 3 Layers of Protection.
  • The phone in its entirety is protected even during use as all surfaces are covered at all times.
  • Slim Design, that protects from accidental drops and bumps.
  • Case has external silicone jacket that enables excellent grip and drop protection.
  • Sync/charge, Headphone jack, volume controls, sleep/wake, home buttons and proximity sensor all accessible and fully functional through case.
  • Dimensions: 4.81 x 2.675 x .76 (Inch)
  • Weight (case only): 1.9 ounces
  • Color: Black / Yellow

Signature

Fommy.com
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fommymusic For This Useful Post:
laz305 (05-09-2008)
Old 05-07-2008, 08:17 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: iBook running 10.4.11

It may offer lots of protection but it is god awful to look at.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:28 AM
iPhoneaholic

the only thing god awful is the price!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:44 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Ive tried a bunch of cases, 7 to be exact and i always go back to my otterbox defender case.
I love it! Especially with the work i do as a firefighter.
I say if you're prone to dropping stuff or have a rough job this is the best case out there.
And it doesnt look that bad.
Hopefully in the future otterbox will make them a bit thinner and able to access the mute switch.
Im not buying anymore cases this is the one im going to stick with until i get another phone.
And its not that expensive i bought mine for 30 bucks same as other cases and about as bulky as the others like the contour showcase.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:07 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone-1.1.2OTB
Operating System: Leopard OSX
Send a message via AIM to Aiyo Send a message via MSN to Aiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
Hopefully in the future otterbox will make them a bit thinner and able to access the mute switch.
Yeah, that thing is pretty fat, and i honestly i do not like the way it looks. They really need to change it up a bit. But my friend has one and we did a few test, and it proved to be one of the best protectors out there.

If I ever helped you, please press the "thanks" button. Also if I made a cool or true comment, press that button!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:29 PM
iPhoneaholic

dam I hope it's not that bulky I just ordered one and was hoping to use it with my Speck Holster. Does anyone know if it's bulkier than the Speck ToughSkin or ArmorSkin?
Old 05-09-2008, 05:49 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone-1.1.2OTB
Operating System: Leopard OSX
Send a message via AIM to Aiyo Send a message via MSN to Aiyo

all we knoe is that its fat

If I ever helped you, please press the "thanks" button. Also if I made a cool or true comment, press that button!
Old 05-15-2008, 01:29 PM
iPhoneaholic

ok just got mine and wow fat is right, but hell very well protected. And why in the hell did no one ever comment on how this case effects your speaker sound? I mean it practically mutes it, just about the only draw back for me other than that I give this case an 8/10. sux tho cuz my BSE seems to be affecting the performance of the case so I might have to take it off, what a waist
O and the Holster for me sux as well I mean they could of made it snap in there, I know it's unlikely but when you hold it upside down it just slides right out. It has grooves on case and in holster where it secures it in place but just not sturdy enough for me.

Last edited by laz305 : 05-15-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4
Operating System: osx

Hello ugly
Old 05-16-2008, 02:21 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 16gb iphone 1.1.3
Operating System: Macbook OS X 10.5

want to see ugly, check out the otterbox armor series, just picked it up for the upcoming fishing season
Old 05-16-2008, 10:25 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

I Been Using The Defender All Black......Best Case In The World!!!

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > Accessory Review