HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > Accessory Review
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accessory Review Reviews on and questions about iPhone accessories. If you've got an accessory, or have seen one, let us know how it works!

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 13"MacBook || 8GB iPhone
Operating System: OS X
Send a message via AIM to cjvdh
just installed my invisable shield [pics]

Yeah so I was really patient with the whole process and what not. I really really like the whole thing except the front piece because for some reason i have like these black smudges on the front like small little bubbles and i couldnt get them out. But all else came out really good except the main screen.

http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0043cs6.jpg

http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0044te8.jpg

http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0047br0.jpg

You can really see the smudges in this one look right below the earpiece and some in the bottom left part of the screen. Will these go away in time ? Or should I see if I can get a replacement with the lifetime gaurantee ?

Lemme know if someone can tell me something I already registered for my lifetime guarantee threw zagg.com and Ive sent them an email already and told them my situation and what happen do you think they will send me another one ?

+Thanks is always nice.

Last edited by cjvdh : 05-22-2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I suggest putting a power support crystal film set or anti glare screen protector on the screen instead of the invisible shield one they feel alot better and are easier to install they are stuck on by static. Heres the link:
POWER SUPPORT | Products | iPhone | Crystal Film Set
Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: Iphone 8gig 1.1.3
Operating System: Vista Home Premium 32bit
Send a message via AIM to screamforme02

iheard if u do it in a steamy bathroom(note not to steamy dont want moister mark to turn pink) it draws the dust off screen and makes for easier install. just what i heard while browsing MMI. Lookin pretty good
Old 05-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 Jailbroken
Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate
Send a message via AIM to CobraSVT Send a message via MSN to CobraSVT Send a message via Yahoo to CobraSVT

I put a bodyguardz on mine and had the same problem...the screen looked like there was little air bubbles...it looked oily almost. Im going to go out and pick up a crystal film...it felt a ton better when i had it on the first time but i had my soldering iron hit it(dont ask) so it melted it a little.

The cheap clear film i bought off ebay was the best screen protector...when i had it on you could not tell it was there what so ever. I like the body design of these covers but the screen is just crappy.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Green Apple

I mean I like the way it protects the back of the iphone and around the corners. But I cant deal with the front of my screen all smudged up and I dont really feel like buying anything else for the phone so im just going to try and suck another one out of zagg.com so I can redo the front hopefully.

+Thanks is always nice.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista

I have an Invisible Shield on my screen also. It was really easy to put on. You will have some smudges for the first day or two then it should go away...depends on how well you put it on, but if you followed direction and used a lot of that spray they provided then you shouldn't have any programs.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4(4A102)
Operating System: MacBook

I really like this product. The only thing I wish i could have done differently was have a rubber case handy(like an Incase Proctive Cover). It really sets the corners and edges. Other than that, I have not had a problem with it.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:50 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
Send a message via AIM to GregTheWang Send a message via MSN to GregTheWang Send a message via Yahoo to GregTheWang

Try using a credit card and attacking non stop at it.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: eye fone

it took me 10mins to install mine and it sits on there 99% perfect... no complaints. (unlike my canon 400d which was far too big)

it uses the same principals as tinting car windows. bubbles and water will work their way out within a day or 2

as for smudges, no idea how you managed that!

Last edited by GR81 : 05-23-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Green Apple

Yeah I havent got a response back from the customer service.

+Thanks is always nice.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:24 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.2 Jailbroken
Operating System: windows xp

ur supposed to use moisture and a tad of water on the sticky side before u install it. prevents smudges and air pockets. and u gotta be super patient with a credit card swiping over n over n over again. took me over 10 minutes in the bathroom to install the front and back piece, and even longer for it all to dry. then a few days for the smudges to go away on the front. should sit almost perfectly CLEAR and invisible after a few days
Old 05-24-2008, 02:11 AM
Green Apple

looks like crap, sorry.. you have a nikon d50 learn how to use it too
Old 05-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneiderman View Post
looks like crap, sorry.. you have a nikon d50 learn how to use it too
wow kid stfu.

+Thanks is always nice.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.0.2
Operating System: osx

if you really look at it ,it's tiny air lumps trapped against the adhesive of the film .i had the same problem ,it will not go away even if you try to smooth it out with a credit card .
i had to remove the film and rub the lumps with soap and water ,reapply it and smooth it out with a card to remove the access water ,i had to do it a few more times to perfect it .hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 16GB 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP Home

I recently received and installed a IS for my iPod Touch and one for my wifes iPod Nano 2nd Gen.

The biggest complaint I have is the Nano IS was attached to paper that had Invisible Shield printed all over it in Red and Black. The ink linked through to the Shield so you could actually read part of it in the protector.

My IS for the Touch was installed perfectly but when I was done I turned it on fearing that there would be dust trapped between the screen and IS but there wasn't. What I didn't notice though was a blackish dot which wasn't too big but it was annoying. I took it off rinsed it with warm water and applied it again. Same thing in the exact same spot. This time when I was running it under water I examined it and it turned out it was actually a defect in the IS.

Yippie, two IS both defective. Wife doesn't care though since you can't really notice it and it isn't in the area of the screen. Actually it is on the side so not really noticable.

I contacted them but due to the US holiday I'm guessing they were busy. They took a bit of extra time getting back to me but expressed empathy and did create a reship order for me. The catch is I had to return my defective one to retain my lifetime warranty. I responded to ask if this would be at my expense or if they would provide a pre paid mailer but am waiting for the response.

Overall. Their service so far seems good. The product certainly does the job it says it does as I tested it with some keys. :P My only complaint is that I received two defective items on an order for 2 IS. Either I have terrible luck or there are lots of customers who just don't care.

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > Accessory Review