HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > Accessory Review
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accessory Review Reviews on and questions about iPhone accessories. If you've got an accessory, or have seen one, let us know how it works!

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 10:30 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I needa Case that protect the Glass!

i just broke my phone at walmart. i had it sitting on the counter and dropped it and the screen cracked. im sending it to a 3rd party company to get fixed. i sed to use the leather vertical pouch which i love but i really dont want to break my phones screen again so i needa case that will protect the screen. i dont mind about tossing it in my pocket as long as its not too bulky. ive been looking at these

contourcase.com | showcase for iPhone

iPhone Defender Case // OtterBox.com

please help me figure this out thank!

or should i go with this?

Slider Case For iPhone : Incase Products
+ a sheild zone screen protector?

Last edited by bigalpimp : 05-28-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:41 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 16GB 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP Home

I use the InCase Slider and Invisible Shield. The InCase protects from drops and the IS protects the screen from keys and other things in my pocket from damaging the screen.

My friend has the following case which he seems to really like. He said the bottom cuts of a small amount of the font for the dock icons but not much and it isn't enough to bother him.

Custom iPod Cases, Skins, iPhone cases and macbook keyboard covers | ivyskin
The Following User Says Thank You to Drucifer For This Useful Post:
bigalpimp (05-29-2008)
Old 05-29-2008, 03:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
I use the InCase Slider and Invisible Shield. The InCase protects from drops and the IS protects the screen from keys and other things in my pocket from damaging the screen.

My friend has the following case which he seems to really like. He said the bottom cuts of a small amount of the font for the dock icons but not much and it isn't enough to bother him.

Custom iPod Cases, Skins, iPhone cases and macbook keyboard covers | ivyskin
thanks i think im going to do that also the incase slider looks awesome. should i get the cheap invisble sheild from mod my phone store?
Old 05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 16GB 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP Home

The InCase Slider is a really good case but it doesn't protect the screen at all since it doesn't even cover any of the glass. This is why I decided to get the Invisible Shield screen protector to cover the touch screen.

If you order the Invisible Shield directly from the official site you will automatically get your lifetime warranty however, if you purchase it elsewhere then you need to mail in the form that is included to be eligible for the lifetime warranty.

I wouldn't really recommend any no name cheapo brand screen protectors. Pay the extra to get the best screen protector possible along with the warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drucifer For This Useful Post:
bigalpimp (05-29-2008)
Old 05-29-2008, 03:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
The InCase Slider is a really good case but it doesn't protect the screen at all since it doesn't even cover any of the glass. This is why I decided to get the Invisible Shield screen protector to cover the touch screen.

If you order the Invisible Shield directly from the official site you will automatically get your lifetime warranty however, if you purchase it elsewhere then you need to mail in the form that is included to be eligible for the lifetime warranty.

I wouldn't really recommend any no name cheapo brand screen protectors. Pay the extra to get the best screen protector possible along with the warranty.
ok thanks alot ill be ordering the incase and shield now!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:54 AM
What's Jailbreak?

neither... CoreCase's are a 1000 times better and not as expensive. Both Switcheasy and InCase cases are plastic they look great for about 1 week and then they get scratched and banged up. I've had 5 different CoreCase cases over the last 3 years including the iPhone iPod nano x2 video and classic and every one of the cases and the iPods/iphones still look brand new.
I've bought a iPhone case from Corecases and a Invisible Shield (front only)... If I had to choose again, I'd buy the same again and again. its a match made in heaven !!!
Old 06-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Green Apple

I know you may have already pulled the trigger on the Incase Slider but my vote would have gone to the Ivyskin Xylo T2. Your last screen broke and now you want protection for it but, as already mentioned, it doesn't protect the screen. Sure, an invisible shield would protect it from scratches but it won't do a thing to prevent the screen from cracking if dropped again.

The Ivyskin Xylo T2 has a hard plastic cover which is touch-through which would protect your iPhone better. It isn't bulky and looks great IMHO. I don't have one but it would be my choice if I were in the market for a new case.
The Following User Says Thank You to CD65 For This Useful Post:
bigalpimp (06-04-2008)
Old 06-04-2008, 08:35 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD65 View Post
I know you may have already pulled the trigger on the Incase Slider but my vote would have gone to the Ivyskin Xylo T2. Your last screen broke and now you want protection for it but, as already mentioned, it doesn't protect the screen. Sure, an invisible shield would protect it from scratches but it won't do a thing to prevent the screen from cracking if dropped again.

The Ivyskin Xylo T2 has a hard plastic cover which is touch-through which would protect your iPhone better. It isn't bulky and looks great IMHO. I don't have one but it would be my choice if I were in the market for a new case.
damnit....i have pulled the trigger and i regret it. i like that case you have above.....grrrr. i havent gotten my incase yet...idk what to do i might just sell the incase...or maybe not considering i broke the iphone screen by stupidlly putting it on top of the counter at walmart...
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: A Vista, dual Booting OS X with an Apple sticker on it :D

Apple Store (U.S.) - iSkin revo for iPhone - Black

Thats what I use. Wouldn't trust Anything Else. It protects the speakers, it has a little thing to put into the USB connector thing, lol. Comes with a screen film, two small protectors thats snap into the inside of the case itself that make the Camera Untouchable, a Silicone case, which I wouldn't doubt would protect it If I dropped it from 6 ft, and a visor, that snaps into the front of the case when your not using it, protecting it from your other "cargo" in your pockets, and protects the screen x2 if you drop it, and when you DO use your iphone, it snaps into the back the same way it does the front to not add any bulkiness, so you dont loose it, and so its easily accessible.

I wouldnt trust ANY other case, well worth the money.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > Accessory Review