HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > Accessory Review
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accessory Review Reviews on and questions about iPhone accessories. If you've got an accessory, or have seen one, let us know how it works!

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Green Apple

Skull Candy In ear Review please!

Someone who has these can you give me a review or point me the right direction? Thanks.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.1
Operating System: vista

i have them, they come in a neat case well packaged etc.
The sound out of them is excellent and others cant hear the music your listening too unless you have it turned up to the very last.

Now for the bad news, you have to push them right into your ear canal and while the material they are made from is quite soft both my son and i found it extremely uncomfortable to wear them for any longer than a few mins. They dont feel like ear plugs, more like ear wedges and i tried all the interchangable sizes that are included in the pack.

had to trim off 1 mm or so of plastic off them to make the jack fit in the iphone.

all in all i wouldnt recommend them due to the sheer discomfort of wearing them, pity cos i have the skullcandy amped headphones and they are the best headphones ive ever worn

hope this helps
Old 12-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Green Apple

Ohh, yeah that sucks, I like to fall asleep with mine on so I don't think they would work then. I really didn't want to spend $100 on the V-Modas but it looks like thats the only way.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:26 AM
iPhoneaholic

Wow...uh...if you'd bother to search, you'd have seen my review. Click the image to open in full size.

Skullcandy Smokin' Buds + eBay headphone adapter

'Course it'd help if you spelled "Skullcady" correctly - it's ONE word, not two.

No need to trim them; just get the adapter I reviewed, which is a whopping ~$4 or so, and comes in very handy. Or buy the set of 3 for $8 or so, which comes with the adapter, travel charger, and car charger (all in my review.)

As for being uncomfortable? Not at all. I've worn mine for - literally - 5+ hours at a time. So have my kids, who all have Skullcady Smokin' Buds as well. We all agree they're EXTREMELY comfortable to wear and don't hurt at all. Each to his own, though.

No need to get the V-Moda's; IMHO, they feel exactly the same when wearing them, and frankly, don't sound any better than the Skullcandy Smokin' Buds - which cost 80% less. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Green Apple

Gahh, you don't have to be such a jerk!!! Lol, im just playin, I did search but maybe I spelled it wrong cause I didn't see yours. And now I have seen your review on a ton of other pages so oh well. Thanks for the input, i'll probably just get some to try 'em out.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Green Apple

Send a message via AIM to blakehansen24

Haven't heard them cause they didn't fit into the iphone's jack.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:26 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

i love mine... got mine for xmas and did the headphone mod...
Old 12-28-2007, 12:20 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0
Operating System: OS X, Vista, Ubuntu
Send a message via AIM to DoerrFan

Im gonna pick these up, i was gonna get the V-Moda but if its that much less and same quality.....i'll give it a shot.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > Accessory Review