HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > Accessory Review
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accessory Review Reviews on and questions about iPhone accessories. If you've got an accessory, or have seen one, let us know how it works!

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Green Apple

iHome compatible with iPhone??

Hi,
I bought iHome: http://www.ihomeaudio.com/products.a...0&dept_id=1006 2 months ago and I was wondering if my iphone is compatible with it. When I pluged it, my iPhone said that isnt compatible but it works so I was like whatever. But I heard that a lot of people have had some really bad experiences with speaker docks and causing the logic board on their iPhone to burn out. Result -> DEAD/FRIED iPhone. Is it true?
Thank you
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:36 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

I wouldn't suggest using iHome with your iPhone..I plugged mine into one at my sister's house to show her some music, and after about 3 minutes I noticed it was really warm, almost hot! It totally drained my battery and ever since my battery life seems to deplete alot quicker then before the incident..but, that's just my experience..not sure how common it is..cheers!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Green Apple

it fried mine and i had to send it back to get a new one...but a buddy of mine put his on there without any problems
Old 01-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Green Apple

What should I do? Use it with my iPhone or not?
TY
Old 01-18-2008, 09:56 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0.2
Operating System: Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Well, I have read that the ipods take more voltage than the iphhone does, so chances of frying the phone are high. WTF apple? Why not change the damn connector for it to only be iphone compatible? That way we won;t make the assumption that the rest of your cable that you have been producing for 6 million years are safe to plug into our phones!

1) Your computer is a POS running old hardware. It is NOT more expensive to buy a computer that runs Vista well than it is to buy even one of the least expensive Macs.

2) You don't know what you are doing with a pc and you are unwilling to learn. There is no more secret to learning Vista than there is to learning OSX.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Green Apple

Is there any clock radio compatible with the iPhone? Let me know
Thank you
Old 01-19-2008, 10:41 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

I plugged my iPhone into that exact same unit - I have it near my bed - thinking it would be a good way to charge the phone overnight, as well as have it near incase of an emergency call. I had no ill effects on the phone that I can see, but I don't use it that way, because with the proximity of the phone to the radio speakers, it REALLY squawks loudly with that GSM noise. Couln't exactly either sleep or listen to the music that way. You could turn the phone part off and use it as only an iPod, but I don't want to do that.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > Accessory Review