HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Apple AppStore App Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Apple AppStore App Discussion For all discussion pertaining to Apps available on the AppStore including launches, reviews, and questions. --this forum was created via iPhone --

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 04:17 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0 J.B.
Operating System: Windows Vista
Read this If your App WON'T RUN ANYMORE

READ THIS IF your iPhone Bought/Free Apps no longer updates or won't even run.

I have read numerous threads regarding this problem and have came up with some observations. I tried to put them together so the problems might get heard sooner.

Apple Inc. This is a very serious and very frustrating problem that is totally intolerable in any sense of business forms.

The Steps I took in attempt to fix the problem
================================================== =======================
1. iPHONE'S APPSTORE UPDATE ERROR
Problem first started when I tried to get updates from iPhone's Appstore. It says that I am not eligible for the update and would need to buy it at full price (Free and Paid Apps have same results). I even tried buying it but the a messages says the item is being modified and is not available.

2. iTUNES'S APPSTORE UPDATE ERROR
So I tried to update it through iTunes, it says I am not eligible again and need to buy it. It also won't let me buy the app. (Free and Paid Apps the same results)

3. iPHONE'S FREE/PAID APPS WOULD NOT RUN ANYMORE
I tried running some apps I've bought or free from the appstore. They worked before but now after launching the apps, they would close after about 3 seconds and does not work at all. Ugly enough.

4. DELETE APP ON iPHONE, TRY RE-SYNCING FROM iTUNES
After deleting a app on the iPhone, I tried to sync with iTunes to get it reinstalled on the iPhone. The apps still does not run on the iPhone after reinstallation.

5. DELETE APP ON iPHONE, DELETE APP ON iTUNES (COMPUTER), REDOWNLOAD/REBUY, RESYNC TO iPHONE
After deleting the apps on iTunes, I am now allowed to buy/free the apps from the Appstore. After syncing to iPhone. Free apps would now work again! Pay apps work as well BUT YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY AGAIN SINCE YOU REDOWNLOADED THE APP!!! Also, the app settings are LOST.

================================================== =

CONCLUSIONS
So I do not consider the above to be an actual fix.

I have made some observations, it appears that the apps on the iPhone and iTunes are NOT PROPERLY AUTHORIZED. I did not make any abnormal changes to my computer or accounts. Even that the apps I've bought or downloaded free exists on iTunes, they are not really authorized and it sends a signal to my iPhone that I am not allowed to run the apps. Resulting in the serious problems. This is explained by why the apps work after you DELETE THEM FROM YOUR COMPUTER, REBUY/FREEDOWNLOAD AGAIN and transferring to the iPhone.

APPLE, DO YOU REALLY WANT US TO BUY THE APPS AGAIN WHILE RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE? DO YOU WANT US TO LOSE ALL THE APP DATA (Like wine pad, Todo etc.) DO YOU EXPECT US NOT TO GET THE PAID APPS COS WE GET CHARGED AGAIN? (I have verified double charging took place in purchase history)

Please feel free to discuss on this and correct me if you have a solution.

Migrated from Windows Mobile to iPhone 3G.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iAddict For This Useful Post:
Rivest (08-13-2008), tahazahoor@hotmail.com (08-06-2008)
Old 08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

uhhh...you shouldn't have to re buy the app. I deleted a app and when i clicked buy it it prompted me saying i already purchased that app click ok to download again.

for me only 1 app is not working. Wow Characters. It was working just fine and it will still load up but when i refresh the character it crashes to home.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0 J.B.
Operating System: Windows Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travace View Post
uhhh...you shouldn't have to re buy the app. I deleted a app and when i clicked buy it it prompted me saying i already purchased that app click ok to download again.

for me only 1 app is not working. Wow Characters. It was working just fine and it will still load up but when i refresh the character it crashes to home.
You are lucky, just one app not working. 95% of my apps are not working cept for monkeyball and bomberman (at least they are my most expensive ones)

I know what you mean when it says you have already purchased it. My point is, i tried deleting the non working app from my phone and then resyncing it to iPhone from iTunes, but it still wont run. I got it to run by deleting the app from BOTH iPhone and iTunes, rebuying it from iTunes and syncing it to iPhone then it worked. For one day, now it doesnt run again!

I am really going crazy now...

Migrated from Windows Mobile to iPhone 3G.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:56 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Went through the same problem and routine. The only difference is that after deleting all my apps from both iTunes and iPhone, I re-downloaded one by one on the iPhone and made sure to have "Sync Applications" set to OFF (unchecked) in iTunes before reconnecting the iPhone for my next sync. Everything still works fine.

Note that even with Sync Applications turned off you can still backup and transfer purchases from your iPhone to iTunes - it just avoids iTunes screwing with your iPhone's DRM permissions and nuking all your apps, as far as I can tell.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3g 2.0
Operating System: XP

one app i can think of that crashes as soon as it starts : columbs by saga

how do i fix this? Its not even listed on my computer after a backup but yet its on my iphone.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:05 AM
What's Jailbreak?

A backup wont necessarily copy apps you downloaded on your iPhone over to your desktop. You need to have "Transfer Purchases" turned on in the iTunes settings, or right click the iPhone under iTunes and choose that option manually.

As far as the crash goes, you may get lucky with a restart (as it's only one app crashing) or you may have to bite the bullet and re-download it.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

300bowl won't work on my phone for some reason which sucks because I liked it. It's the only one that won't run out of all the apps strangely enough. It's just froze on the menu screen when I turn it on.

Ringtones in 60 seconds CLICK HERE!

Looking for some docks? One's Custom Docks Click Here!
- - - - PART 2 Click Here!

Customize for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 Click HERE.

Swaptunes for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 Click HERE.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:22 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8gig 1.2.0 (pwn'd)
Operating System: OSX 10.5.4

possible solution:

i had this problem as well. it became apperent when i tunes wanted to update a couple of my apps, but then wouldn't resync them!

i deleted the offenders from my phone and then trashed (but kept a backup on computer) the following plist files from the phone:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.composite_trust.plis t

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

immediately after trashing those, i tried syncing again and the apps went back in without a hitch...
Old 08-16-2008, 08:58 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAARRRRRRGGGGG View Post
possible solution:

i had this problem as well. it became apperent when i tunes wanted to update a couple of my apps, but then wouldn't resync them!

i deleted the offenders from my phone and then trashed (but kept a backup on computer) the following plist files from the phone:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.composite_trust.plis t

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

immediately after trashing those, i tried syncing again and the apps went back in without a hitch...
Many of my appstore apps stopped working, so I tried this. A very laborious process. After reconnecting to iTunes, the deleted apps all reinstalled, but the same problem exists. I open an app, it starts to open, but after just about 30 seconds, crashes back to the home screen.

Is there any fix for this? I did a total restore, and then things worked. But, a day later, and they are broken again. You surely can't be doing a daily restore!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:44 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8gig 1.2.0 (pwn'd)
Operating System: OSX 10.5.4

Sonofa.....

you're right. see for me, it's inconsistent, i'll play majong for 20 minutes one time then the next time it'll crash out before i can even start playing... so it's hard to diagnose...

in any event, though, i did get the updates without having to pay out to apple unnecessarily.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:07 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone | 2.0.2 | Pwned!
Operating System: OS X 10.5.2 Leopard

has anyone updated to the new firmware (2.0.2)?
I am having the same problem and I suspect that it is because I am still on 2.0.1
I will pwn 2.0.2 later today and let you guys know...

Note: this is only a problem with my updated apps.

Also, I did not have to pay for my apps again.
They all updated without a problem, and i was not charged double... tho most are free anyway.

Last edited by drosera; 08-27-2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-28-2008, 08:06 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Already discussed and solved. It has nothing to do with any updates, it's a recurring account problem.

Apple fixed my app crashing/no media issue
Old 08-29-2008, 12:37 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphones(both) 1.14&2.0
Operating System: Vista 32x

downgrade iTunes to 7.7 I haven't lost my music and all apps still work been a week so far. Had lots of trouble found this solution from the apple boards. This is the only permanent solution.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Apple AppStore App Discussion