HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Apple AppStore App Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Apple AppStore App Discussion For all discussion pertaining to Apps available on the AppStore including launches, reviews, and questions. --this forum was created via iPhone --

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 01:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Lexitron in Appstore!

Lexitron is now available in the Appstore for $1.99.

One of my wife's favorite games on 1.1.4. Haven't tried the new version just yet but I'm sure I'll be buying it soon.

digicide.com
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wildcat#1 For This Useful Post:
iphoneguy2007 (08-19-2008)
Old 08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Green Apple

Great heads up. Have been waiting for this game! Loved it on my j/b phone and will gladly pay $2 for this game.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:57 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 1.1.4
Operating System: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoneguy2007 View Post
Great heads up. Have been waiting for this game! Loved it on my j/b phone and will gladly pay $2 for this game.
Yes, I liked it but it did tend to freeze quite a bit...
Old 08-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Green Apple

i personally still dont like the fact that you only can qualify if you get the top word. It should be point based, or amount of words. sometimes i get every word except for the big word....and then i still dont qualify...kind of moot.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by benderbends View Post
i personally still dont like the fact that you only can qualify if you get the top word. It should be point based, or amount of words. sometimes i get every word except for the big word....and then i still dont qualify...kind of moot.
agreed
Old 08-21-2008, 06:14 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 1.1.4
Operating System: Various

Quote:
To me, it's more of a challenge with the pressure to come up with the qualifier.
How would you end a game otherwise? It would be easy to use an anagram solver too..

Anyway, that's down to personal opinion. The big news is.......

It's stopped freezing intermittently!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I bought it and am glad it doesn't freeze as much but I liked the old layout better... this is a bit distracting with all the gimmicks and colors.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Green Apple

agreed color scheme is abit off...old one was more classy

Also, if the only goal each round is to get the top word...then why bother putting all the 3 letter words?? maybe we need an option to win based on points each round, or top word each round.

take WordSpell for instance...its the best version of text twist...and its based on home many points you get. If you get a top word...you get the most points...you get a 3 letter word...you get small amount of points. each round you need to reach a certain limit to qualify for next round.

just my 2 cents
Old 08-26-2008, 09:04 PM
iPhoneaholic

Quote:
take WordSpell for instance...its the best version of text twist...
Can't find WordSpell. Is it not offered anymore?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Green Apple

wordspell is not for iphone...its an online game i used to play. but its really well done with scoring, and gameplay. i love lexitron....but i just REALLY hate the gamelpay rules
Old 08-28-2008, 12:53 AM
iPhoneaholic

I see. Back to Lex...I just purchased it. My first impression:

[1] it has more words than the free version available thru Installer. These words are harder and more obscure.

[2] The interface is very different, as has been pointed out here. To the developer: the UI needs tweaking. When played in a bright environment, the grey color of the words already answered is hard to read. I suggest using white. Also, even more annoying, is when you enter a word correctly, the program "explodes" the score and the letters return to the bottom but blurred for about a second. You have to wait during that second before you can figure out which button is which. When playing in timed mode, this will eat up precious time.

[3] You cannot listen to iPod while playing Lexitron. I've tried several times playing music but as soon as I run Lexitron, the music automatically fades out. I hope this is fixed soon.

Old Today, 08:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 16GB

Is there any way to use the old version in firmware 2?
The old layout is SO MUCH BETTER!!!

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Apple AppStore App Discussion