HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chit Chat The lounge, if you will. Get to know each other, let your randomness be evident.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 05:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Hi, new here, got a couple of questions.

Hi just want to introduce my self and ask a couple of questions.

well I started a thread because I needed a fast response and pretty much got an unpleasant response.

I just want to know if maybe I was wrong for posting and not searching, or if there are lots of people here who would rather criticize others then help answer questions.

oh and btw, I don't have an iphone yet I'm working on it, kinda trying to wait to see what this new iphone will have

Thanks for your input it is appreciated.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:01 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4, ALMIGHTY TROLL!
Operating System: Vista Ultimate

We always say Search before posting because thats a 98% chance what you are asking has already been posted and answered.

If my post is funny OR rude and made you laugh, Press the thanks button!
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...u/mmi/zeal.png
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeal For This Useful Post:
eclipticrider (06-01-2008)
Old 06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
What's Jailbreak?

yes, I realize that search is the best tool of any forum. I did search and just didn't have the time to wade though the many many replies in the threads that only came up with relevant information.

the question was time sensitive and time is out now.

I've read though lots of posts already and I like the knowledge that the people here have.

I guess I'm just too friendly of a person, if I see a first poster asking for help I would help the same way I would a vet...

I just don't want to label this whole forum over one question I guess.

well thanks, I hope when I get a few more posts in my questions will be a little more accepted.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:43 PM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 8gig 1.1.3
Operating System: Vista Home Premium 32bit
Send a message via AIM to screamforme02

thats becuz no one searches. just look for the threads with the most pages. and all the ppl bitcin about getting crapy mean answers is cuz the person being mean prob answered the question 3 or 4 time the day b4 . just search for you answeres i havnt had to start a new thread for ages all my problems have been solved just like yours. now i just start random threads of kindness trying to help but no one reads them so im gettin kinda sick of it aswell. Good Luck And Welcome To The Party
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:
eclipticrider (06-01-2008), shadowck5000 (06-02-2008)
Old 06-01-2008, 07:03 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I totally understand the search issues people have, been there done that (different boards of course) I've been using forums for about 8 years now and have seen just about everything. I've been searching for 2 hours now and still can't find my answer... maybe I'm just using bad search logic but I normally find what I'm looking for...

well either way thanks for the positive advise, hopefully I don't get a bad rap off of one post, I've seen that before too, it sucks...
Old 06-01-2008, 08:54 PM

its getting harder now adays because ikno my spelling is awful so that prob dosent help anyhting. and the titles of the threads are all sorts of not related to wht they r looking for. like "HELP" hahah thats my favorite
The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:
eclipticrider (06-02-2008)
Old 06-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 16gb iphone 1.1.4 firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipticrider View Post
Hi just want to introduce my self and ask a couple of questions.

well I started a thread because I needed a fast response and pretty much got an unpleasant response.

I just want to know if maybe I was wrong for posting and not searching, or if there are lots of people here who would rather criticize others then help answer questions.

oh and btw, I don't have an iphone yet I'm working on it, kinda trying to wait to see what this new iphone will have

Thanks for your input it is appreciated.
If you are new to any forum, you probably dont know about the search button. People on ALL forums get aggrivated because every answer HAS been asked 100 times or more, and it does get tiring answering it over and over again.
There are always gonna be d**ks on every forum you go to....thats just how it is. But dont let that get you down because forums, especially this one will give you a wealth of info that will take you forever to find on google, etc.
Just hang in there, learn to use search, so some of the babies dont cry about it, and you'll be good to go. I myself am a newbie, well to this forum, but I've been on bike, car audio, and car forums for years, and they are all basically the same. You have certain groups that stick together, and while some help everyone with anything, you'll always have those "E-bullies" who think they are gods behind a keyboard.
Dont sweat it
The Following User Says Thank You to prouddad.215 For This Useful Post:
eclipticrider (06-02-2008)
Old 06-02-2008, 03:43 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prouddad.215 View Post
If you are new to any forum, you probably dont know about the search button. People on ALL forums get aggrivated because every answer HAS been asked 100 times or more, and it does get tiring answering it over and over again.
There are always gonna be d**ks on every forum you go to....thats just how it is. But dont let that get you down because forums, especially this one will give you a wealth of info that will take you forever to find on google, etc.
Just hang in there, learn to use search, so some of the babies dont cry about it, and you'll be good to go. I myself am a newbie, well to this forum, but I've been on bike, car audio, and car forums for years, and they are all basically the same. You have certain groups that stick together, and while some help everyone with anything, you'll always have those "E-bullies" who think they are gods behind a keyboard.
Dont sweat it
Yea, I totally get it, and I'm not new to search trust me I've been around the search block lol. I don't know why it got to me cause it's happened before but never on the first reply to my first post. I've been reading threads and searching the site for about a week before I even decided to join, then a time sensitive situation came up for me and I get blasted... no biggie, I see that most people here are friendly. and I totally see the wealth of iphone knowledge that this site has to offer!

Want to say thanks for all the positive responses that I got, glad to see that no one said shut up and grow up this is an online forum you should expect that... Like I said, I've been around dozens of forums and have encountered tons of situations...

just wanted to let ya'll know that i clicked thanks for all you guys.

Laterz,
cappy

Old 06-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Well just as everyone said of course use the search function first before posting a question. Also I would recommend reading the forum rules and the stickies you can find at the top of each forum. The two main problems with everyone forum not just us is people not using the search feature and posting in the wrong forum.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:21 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 JB
Operating System: Vista
Heres a really noob question.

When i make a theme, and put it on this sight for download, "How do I put an image of it on the page?" So before people download it they can see what it looks like. Sending me a PM would be great
Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowck5000 View Post
When i make a theme, and put it on this sight for download, "How do I put an image of it on the page?" So before people download it they can see what it looks like. Sending me a PM would be great
new question in an un related thread, def a nono. def wot get an answer like that. but i beleive i got a PM from you. hope it helped
Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowck5000 View Post
See eclipticrider this is exactly what we are talking about. ::sigh::
Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4, ALMIGHTY TROLL!
Operating System: Vista Ultimate

Shadow... 1 wrong forum section, 2 Search buttons work like a charm, 3 you honestly couldn't post your question in a better thread... This thread is exaclty about what you just did.. Fail for you.

If my post is funny OR rude and made you laugh, Press the thanks button!
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...u/mmi/zeal.png
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I think he was trying to prove a point by not only hijacking this thread but, wrong area, and no search... to get that reaction out of you all...

I know I said it before been doing lots of searching but still my question's answer eludes me. Maybe there isn't an answer for it here or on google... I don't know I just remember reading something in my travels across the nets...

was going to edit another comment here but naw never mind it's not worth it.

Last edited by eclipticrider : Yesterday at 07:21 PM.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > Chit Chat