HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion > Cydia Support
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cydia Support For issues, discussion and support concerning Cydia.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 12:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Cydia apps not showing up...

I have an iPhone 3G with jailbroken 2.0.1 firmware.

The issue I am running into is whenever I install an app with Cydia, it doesn't show up on the springboard.

What can I do to make these apps show up?

Thanks in advance...

Alright, well after uninstalling one app the other apps I installed showed up...

So I'm not sure what is going on...

Last edited by ahfunaki; 08-10-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:49 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone v2.0.1 (Cydia)
Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahfunaki View Post
I have an iPhone 3G with jailbroken 2.0.1 firmware.

The issue I am running into is whenever I install an app with Cydia, it doesn't show up on the springboard.

What can I do to make these apps show up?

Thanks in advance...

Alright, well after uninstalling one app the other apps I installed showed up...

So I'm not sure what is going on...

Try respringing your springboard..i had the same issue..(i went to poof in bossprefs and hid some icons n reenabled dem..this cause the springboard to respring and walla..!! )
Old 08-11-2008, 11:53 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 3g 2.0
Operating System: winXP

I had this problem, too, and simply updated cydia's essential upgrades BEFORE syncing with my itunes. And then it seemed to work (I got BossPrefs to show up).

But it's still not working. fooooook. Gonna keep digging. Anyone have a better solution for this?

Edit:

I recompiled a new ipsw file with only cydia checked off. No installer, no youtube fix (didn't have that checked originally, either) and did a restore with that file. Then I updated cydia's essentials before syncing with itunes, and then installed BossPrefs, openSSH, and WinterBoard.

Good news! The icons showed up on the ol' springboard!

Then I installed Macman (my wife is addicted to this and I'd be dead meat if it weren't on there) and it wasn't there originally but showed up after I synced with itunes and rebooted. Weird sheet going on here, but hey... it's all working now.

Sorry for those of you who have this problem and are dying for installer. I never knew it, so I don't miss it.

hope this helps...

20 and counting...

Last edited by fiugzel; 08-12-2008 at 01:35 AM. Reason: latest developments...
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:46 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone v2.0.1 (Cydia)
Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP3

Either the custom ipsw isnot correct or just u have to respring..

After restoring please do an upgrade of cydia n it will be working fine..

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion > Cydia Support