HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion > Cydia Support
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cydia Support For issues, discussion and support concerning Cydia.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 12:02 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3g + FW 2.0
Operating System: Windows XP
Question with CYDIA WITH 2.0.1 FIRMWARE

Hey I recently had to restore and repwn because i downloaded something that wasnt compatible with the 3g but anyways my phone is now back to normal I still have my cydia and installer 4.0. My phone is a 3g iphone it WAS a 2.0 firmware but now after i repwned it it automatically states that it is a 2.0.1 firmware on my itunes and its asking me if i want to upgrade to 2.0.2. So i went to cydia and i read this the section that says "Upgrading to 2.0.1? Read This" and it basically says if i upgrade to 2.0.1 my device will become unjailbroken which i dont know how that can be if i still have cydia and installer beta 4.0.... I just need to know is it better if i stay at 2.0.1 or upgrade to 2.0.2 or should downgrade to 1.14?

Also it says if i upgrade to 2.0.2 i would have to use pwnage to make a custom firmware but thing is i dont have a mac i have windows xp.

So does any1 have any help/advice? I really dont want to restore and repwn for the 3rd time.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1 winpwned
Operating System: Vista... until i get a MAC.

If you repwned you jailbroke your iphone again using the 2.0.1 firmware. So your device is jailbroken.

Just wait for 2.0.2 to be supported by a new version of Pwn, or WinPwn in your case, before updating again.

cheers
Old 08-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
Send a message via AIM to polishdemon Send a message via Skype? to polishdemon

I heard QuickPwn now supports 2.0.2 so u can always give that a shot...

You, sir, have been PWNED.
Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
Apple Style Logo Battery
Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1 pwned
Operating System: windows xp

quickpwn doesn't neuter the bootloader first tho so it'll get updated at the same time. if ur official at&t and never plan on unlocking then thats fine.

dont ever downgrade to 1.1.4, u have a 3g iphone for heavens sake. nothing will even work lol. it jus sounded retarded.

2.0.1 is fine, 2.0.2 works and is fine. those are headsup infomation, it jus means if u plug it into itunes and let it restore regularly you lose jailbreak. obviously if you use pwnage and a custom firmware it wont unjailbreak you cuz what ur doing is jailbreaking
Old 08-22-2008, 03:11 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Operating System: Windows XP | Mac OSX | Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
dont ever downgrade to 1.1.4, u have a 3g iphone for heavens sake. nothing will even work lol.
It's also impossible.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:22 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3g + FW 2.0
Operating System: Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
quickpwn doesn't neuter the bootloader first tho so it'll get updated at the same time. if ur official at&t and never plan on unlocking then thats fine.

dont ever downgrade to 1.1.4, u have a 3g iphone for heavens sake. nothing will even work lol. it jus sounded retarded.

2.0.1 is fine, 2.0.2 works and is fine. those are headsup infomation, it jus means if u plug it into itunes and let it restore regularly you lose jailbreak. obviously if you use pwnage and a custom firmware it wont unjailbreak you cuz what ur doing is jailbreaking
alright cool thanks alot man, yeah i heard about now ppl can upgrade to 2.0.2 with quickpwn but its still in beta version so its pretty much at your own risk....just hope dey fix that soon. so its fully secured u know.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion > Cydia Support