HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > File Mods
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File Mods Discussion on possible mods to files on the iphone to accomplish different goals.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 11:59 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Call Forwarding Advanced Options?

With other phones, I was able to set an option of forwarding a call to another number after seeing who it was caling me via caller ID. The iPhone only allows you to set a fixed forwarding number so tbhe call goes straight to that number. No difference to having your iphone turned off.

In other words, there was a difference to setting the forwarding on "Busy" and on "Unanswered."

Before I was able to leave my mobile phone on, when a call came in I could then see who was calling me via caller ID, and decide if I wanted to forward that call to the other number or leave it to go to voicemail when unanswered.

Does anybody understand what I mean? Does anybody know how to do this?

I can asnwer this myself as I realized shortly after I posted this that my problem is specific to the service provider. They have numbers to dial for each specific type of forwarding. I am in HK and with Smartone and the "forward if busy" function is **67*[Tel No.]SEND.

Then for anyone is may be remotely interested, I added this number as a contact and used SpringDial to add the icon to my springboard. Then if anyone is still remotely interested, I modified the icon using Photoshop so I have tailored icons for each number that I frequently "Busy forward" to and also added a red Phone icon representing "cancel busy forward." I think it's cool anyway...

Last edited by Davidwu : 05-11-2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:00 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone
Operating System: Windows Vista

I know what you mean.. My BlackBerry has multiple call forwarding options...

1.) Forward All Calls
2.) Forward if Unreachable
3.) Forward if Busy
4.) Forward if No Answer

This was great because i could have my phone forward over to my home phone if i had my phone shut off or something or if i was out of service... Also if I got a call from Blocked ID I would hit decline and that would forward it over to my grandcentral line to filter the call.

I would love this option back! I know there is a way to just punch it in manually with service codes for AT&T (not that i really know what those service codes are)... but it would be great if this option had a nice GUI to go along with it =)
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > File Mods