HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > File Mods
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File Mods Discussion on possible mods to files on the iphone to accomplish different goals.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 7/16/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 06:28 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Need help with WinSCP and fixing my "dead strip" on my iphone

The dock of my iphone is very unresponsive to touch, though will move every once in a while if pressed VERY hard.

I've been reading around that I can alter the touch sensitivity of my phone, by altering a general.plist or touch.plist file, or something like that? I assume this is done over WinSCP, which I downloaded. However, I cant connect to my iphone after entering the ip address/root/alpine. It wont connect.

How else/just how can I fix my phone? I'm fairly confident this general.plist mod will work; I just dont know how to do it. Any help?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:51 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Download iPhoneBrowser. It is like using WinSCP, but you actually connect the iphone to the computer. Google iphone browser and youll easily find it.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP Media Center x86
Send a message via AIM to movalwebmaster Send a message via MSN to movalwebmaster Send a message via Yahoo to movalwebmaster

also you could have a faulty phone, mine gave out on me some time ago, i was using it and then it just became un responsive-took it to apple and they replaced it :P
Old 06-17-2008, 08:01 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

using winscp u have to just type

ip address and hit login
then root for username when it pops up
then alpine

if you enter it all from the login screen it won't work

let me know how that goes cuz my friend has the same touch problem
Old 06-18-2008, 01:46 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Read WinSCP FAQ on iPhone.

Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > File Mods