HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General General jailbreaking, downgrading, and upgrading topics belong in here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 07:05 PM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 & 2.0
Operating System: Leopard / XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdosha View Post
all right, I followed everything religiously and it still didn't work. The last step 13, I put the phone into DFU mode and then restored in itunes - got a 1015 error.
When I jailbreak it, still no tmobile availalbe what am I doing wrong?
Step 13 said nothing about DFU mode. Check your baseband. Settings... General.. About... Modem Firmware. If it's still at 4.05.04 then KiPhone didn't work.... Report Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt888 View Post
I follow your steps. Howver, when I get into step 6, at e. you said itunes will recognize iphone in restore mode. But I cannot get the restore mode and even I click the SHIFT on the key board, still no action. When I did wrong? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must follow these steps exactly. this is DFU mode for 2.0 only so confirm that you're on 2.0 I have tried this method many times and it's always worked for me.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.

Firmware 2.0 DFU: 1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.

Last edited by Poseidon79; 07-16-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:06 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

think i'm in the same boat as avdosha. got to the last restore and i get error 1015 again. trying to restore one more time..... please please please...... (i put it into restore mode. not DFU).

Do i just go ahead and jailbreak the phone with i liberty to check the software?

I just checked my firmware. it's the .04.05.04_G firmware.

any ideas? do i keep trying KI phone?

Last edited by cartman13; 07-16-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 2.0
Operating System: mac os and windows

where do i download the 1.1.4 restore file
Old 07-16-2008, 09:25 PM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 & 2.0
Operating System: Leopard / XP

Older version of Kiphone do NOT erase the 4.05.04 baseband. You MUST have this version for it to work. This is the exact link I used. KiPhone

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.

Firmware 2.0 DFU: 1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista Home Premium

trying right now your link... damn... My modem version is 04.05.04G maybe I do have an old kiPhone...

Ok, i downloaded a new kiphone and once it ran, the iphone had a message for me: repair needed. this phone cannot receive/make calls. am I doomed???

10 minutes later - IT WORKS!!! I just needed a new kiPhone installed!!! YES! Thank you Poseidon!
What I did was installed new kiPhone, iErase and downgraded and debuged. Then restored in iTunes, then I got that message about repair needed. Indeed, all the info about the bluetooth/modem etc was erased! Then I restored again in iTUnes, and then jailbroke by ziPhone. That's all folks!

Last edited by avdosha; 07-16-2008 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Says it cannot open zibri.dat for reading. It is the correct version I just cannot get it to go to the older baseband.

Last edited by rx7girltk; 07-16-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Hey Everyone,

I could not get the kiphone to work. Tried about 4 times. Finally tried another method posted by tatoojack using iliberty+ fix no signal.

Somehow it worked. Jailbreak and check and there it is. the older modem firmware. not sure why some methods work for some phones and some for others. If you have tried Posiden's method to the letter try searching for the other method.

Also, I redownloaded the 1.1.4 firmware from this site as well under downloads when trying the new method. Always possible there is a corrupt copy of the firmware out there. The one i downloaded from this site seemed to work. (not sure if it was the method or what). But definitely worth trying a fresh download of the fimrware as well.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:08 AM
What's Jailbreak?

wow this is great i thought i had to throw away my iphone but now its back to normal!! thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to shakil_313 For This Useful Post:
mrblader (08-04-2008)
Old 07-17-2008, 12:26 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Im using Singtel, a company in singapore. Do i have to use the orginal sim card given to me with the iphone to activate it ??
Old 07-17-2008, 02:21 PM
What's Jailbreak?

hey, tanks a bunch for the instructions poseidon i might be the only guy this dumb, but instead of getting error 1015 i get error 16.. (four digits) and i restored it againg after that and i got an error 20. what do i do?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:43 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Poseidon, you are the man, and thanks also avdosha, back from 2.0 to 1.1.4 with t-mobile working
Old 07-17-2008, 05:16 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I just used this metho on THREE (3) different iPhones. Worked like a charm! Thanks !!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:45 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G on Firmware 2.0.2 + Jailbreak
Operating System: Windows Vista, OSX on Dual Boot HDD + Linux

I put iphone into DFU mode and it was plugged in, but my itunes is not detecting the iphone. I tried it on 7.5 and it wont detect, and i tried it on 7.6. It was fresh new copy of itunes cause i reformated my computer first. Any suggestions?
Old 07-17-2008, 07:10 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: Windows XP

Great!!!! worked perfect, after hours of trying other guides!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista Home Premium

it's because you are NOT putting your phone in DFU. Run the iTunes, then POWER OFF your phone, then you press HOme and Power button and count slowly until 10 (i was looking at the watch! ) and then let go of the Power and hold the Home button until the iTunes will make a sound (like it found the iphone) After that you can let go of the home button. The screen on the iPhone will be pitch black and the iTunes will ask you to restore.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General

Tags
1.1.4, 2.0, downgrade, kiphone