HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General General jailbreaking, downgrading, and upgrading topics belong in here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 10:19 AM
iPhoneaholic

Stuck in DFU-- Error (1601) in iTunes

Okay so continuing from where I was at in my previous thread I went further.

Finally, I successfully put the phone in DFU mode and restored the FW2.0.1. I then tried to shift-restore the pwned version, but it gave me a 1602 error. I re-installed iTunes, and tried again, it gave me a 1601 error. I tried installing iTunes 7.5, but it gave me a music library error. I found a workaround but it wouldn't work, so I installed back iTunes 7.7 and repwned an .ipsw file to make sure that wasn't the problem, but I still get error(1601).

So basically I'm in DFU mode and I get the 1601 error in iTunes when I try to restore my custom firmware.

Help?

Putting it back into recovery. Then into DFU mode and then using iPwner fixed everything.

Last edited by IvanB; 08-10-2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:22 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: IPHONE 2.0 FIRMWARE
Operating System: WINDOWS XP

i swear i have the problem!!! i am soooo frustrated right now. i dont consider myself a newb, but i swear i am reconsidering!!!! can someone please help!!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:44 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: windows

OK I have been struggling looking for an answer for 3 days now > & haven't found one so i will finally post.

I restored my phone thru Itunes I am on 1.1.4. I haven't been able to get the update because I have t-mobile and must jailbreak before I can update to I think its 2.0.1. (says I need a valid SIM)

I followed the winpwn noob step by step, including the DFU. I created the file winpwn /ipsw for 2G & no luck. It just keeps giving me error message:
"the iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1)"

My phone has the 4.6 bootloader, so I checked:

enable baseband update/
neuter bootloader 3.9-4.6
update bootloader/
upgrade to 4.6/
unlock baseband/
autodelete bootneuter app/
and both 3.9 & 4.6 files were uploaded.

I partitioned to 999mb,
no cydia I just want installer & utube fix .

Still no luck my phone isnt working at all right now.

PLEASE HELP IM PHONELESS
Old 08-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Green Apple

I had this problem and solved it this way... I'm on a Mac, so I begin by referencing a Mac directory. If you are a Windows user, I include an alternate "Step 1" below as well.

Step 1 for Mac users) Navigate to the folder ~Library/iTunes/Device Support ... For the new Mac users among us, remember that the "~" designates that you start in your home (i.e., yourname) folder on your Mac rather than the several other places where a "Library" folder exists.

Alternate Step 1 for Windows users) Navigate to this subdirectory:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\

Step 2) Delete this file: x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw

Step 3) Run the PwnageTool application. (I used PwnageTool 2.0.2 on the Mac.) Yes, I already had a usable custom firmware file I had made before, but I was doing it again because the process also dutifully recreates the file I deleted in Step 2 when it can't find it there.

Step 4) This is important: In my case, when Pwnage asked me at the end whether I had ever pwn'd my iPhone before (whether I'd seen the pineapple, etc.), rather than click "YES," I clicked "NO." In other words, click "NO" as if this was the first time you've pwn'd your phone.

Step 5) Finish out the pwn'ing by following the prompts in PwnageTool to put your phone in recovery mode, etc.. Then within iTunes, option-restore with the new custom firmware you created.

Voila. The phone restored without the dreaded error. I hope this works for you as well. (Fingers crossed...)

Randy

P.S. Click the thanks button if this helped somebody. Makes me feel like life is worth living after all.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
Okay so continuing from where I was at in my previous thread I went further.

Finally, I successfully put the phone in DFU mode and restored the FW2.0.1. I then tried to shift-restore the pwned version, but it gave me a 1602 error. I re-installed iTunes, and tried again, it gave me a 1601 error. I tried installing iTunes 7.5, but it gave me a music library error. I found a workaround but it wouldn't work, so I installed back iTunes 7.7 and repwned an .ipsw file to make sure that wasn't the problem, but I still get error(1601).

So basically I'm in DFU mode and I get the 1601 error in iTunes when I try to restore my custom firmware.

Help?

Putting it back into recovery. Then into DFU mode and then using iPwner fixed everything.
I have the same damn problem!
And I have an iPod touch.
Winterboard had an update, I ran it in cydia, then realized that I didn't update the itunes version yet. So it screwed up my themes.
Tried to upload new itunes update then got this issue.

I'm screwed also. Nothing works.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1 pwned
Operating System: windows xp

i was getting 1601 error when the root directory was to small. so i made i repwned a new firmware with the root partition at 750mb and it installed fine after that.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General