HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General General jailbreaking, downgrading, and upgrading topics belong in here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 06:32 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 16GB iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Leopard
Downgrading 2G iPhone FW 2.0.2 to FW 2.0.1

Great, so I have a brand new unactivated iPhone 2G (from an apple warranty return) and wanted to unlock by upgrading to FW 2.0.1 and then using Pwnage 2.0.1. Unfortunately I didn't realize what I was doing and upgraded all the way to the new iPhone FW 2.0.2. I've tried to downgrade by putting the phone into recovery mode and restoring by finding the 2.0.1 update in the library/itunes. It crashes with an error almost instantly. Is it possible to downgrade to FW 2.0.1 from FW 2.02.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Lorenzinho.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:14 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.3

It probably will be doable but not until someone figures out if you can do it with this version of itunes. My guess would be to use pwnage tool and put your phone in DFU mode and install the custom 2.0.1 firmware built with pwnage tool. This should bring you back down to 2.0.1. Try it out and let me know if it worked.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:24 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3g, FW2.0,1 Jailbroke & Heavily Moded
Operating System: PC running Win XP, 2.7gig Quad Core Liquid Cooled + Laptop/Tablet Acer C302XMI

try putting the phone in DFU mode first. Dont get mixed up your iphone will look like its turned of when in DFU mode with a black screen. You will se a cable and itunes message when in recovery mode.

Theres a post on here telling you how to jailbrake FW2.0,2 check out new posts and you should find it.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:31 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 16GB iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Leopard

thanks both, I actually was able to get back to an activated 1.1.4 and now will upgrade only to 2.01 with pwnage 2.02, thanks again.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:35 PM
What's Jailbreak?

also in same boat

I just puchased a 2g 16g with the 2.0.2 upgrade/update

Is there a how to so that i can return it to the 2.0.1 version so i can unlock it so i can use it with the tmoile network.

Ill be running a windows xp computer (dont know if this helps)

1. Is this possible?

2.if so, What version of software will i need (where to get it)

3. And is there how to guide

thank you very much
Old 08-24-2008, 02:08 PM
What's Jailbreak?

How did you get back to 1.1.4 from 2.0.2?
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzinho View Post
thanks both, I actually was able to get back to an activated 1.1.4 and now will upgrade only to 2.01 with pwnage 2.02, thanks again.
hey i did the same thing what u did can u help me to repeat the whole process how u did this bcoz m stuck and frustrated with 2.0.2 firmware, by accident i did quickpwn, everytg went through bt no network ....i cant make any call's ....i believe i did the same mistake what u did before ....need help me with ur steps..A to Z...please...

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General